How Will You Ding 76?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » How will you ding 76?
How will you ding 76?
First Page 2 3 4
 Alexander.Almostunsane
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
By Alexander.Almostunsane 2010-06-11 16:48:09
Link | Quote | Reply

As we all (hopefully) know by now, the level cap will be raised to 80 on the 21st of this month. Say what you will, this is a major transition, the metaphoric passing of the torch from an old Vana'Diel to a new one. Dinging 76 will be the first step to a whole new world (Perhaps even a brand new place we never knew). We've been stuck at 43,999 for years now--so how will you enter these new boundaries of power?

Personally, I kinda wanna get a lv 10 level sync and return to East Ronfaure to kill some random Easy Prey orc. My adventures started there, it just feels fitting to have it happen there, with that beautifully nostalgic music ushering me on.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-11 16:49:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Scroll!
[+]
 Hades.Cheyne
Server: Hades
user: Cheyne
By Hades.Cheyne 2010-06-11 16:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

There's already a thread about this. :s
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-06-11 16:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Almostunsane said:
As we all (hopefully) know by now, the level cap will be raised to 80 on the 21st of this month. Say what you will, this is a major transition, the metaphoric passing of the torch from an old Vana'Diel to a new one. Dinging 76 will be the first step to a whole new world (Perhaps even a brand new place we never knew). We've been stuck at 43,999 for years now--so how will you enter these new boundaries of power? Personally, I kinda wanna get a lv 10 level sync and return to East Ronfaure to kill some random Easy Prey orc. My adventures started there, it just feels fitting to have it happen there, with that beautifully nostalgic music ushering me on.
I can honestly say wow..I don't think I've even thought about it at all..but fitting for me would be at Colibri or Cape Terrigan FoV. But Lvling is Lvling to me..Dinging 99 might be different.
 Alexander.Almostunsane
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Almostunsane 2010-06-11 16:52:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Cheyne said:
There's already a thread about this. :s

There is? I searched a few terms but didn't find anything, sorry. What's the title?
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-06-11 16:53:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I won't.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2010-06-11 16:55:57
Link | Quote | Reply

kill /random mob easy prey i am 1 TNL on MNK SMN ( working on SAM soon )
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
Server: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-11 16:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Killing off Abraxas in Lufaise would be an ideal place to ding 76 for me. =D
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-11 16:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

All my 75 jobs are 43,999/44,000 So Kill an EP rabbit in Cape Terrigan once for each. DRK or BST however, will be the first to see the light of 80, I have both a Kuporfied's Ring and an Allied Ring standing by to assist in the task.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-06-11 16:59:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm gonna go for my nemesis the Groundskeeper up in sky which has killed me oh so many times.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Corres
Server: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2010-06-11 17:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

after having killed Maat's Wife (you know she wants revenge that you beat that old Geezer to Mudd) gonna ding simple and normal: MMM

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-11 17:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I got allied, anni, empress, and kupo ring standing by lol
[+]
 Leviathan.Solare
Server: Leviathan
user: Solare
By Leviathan.Solare 2010-06-11 17:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Run around with 1000 other people fulfilling some ridiculous "requirement" quest to uncap, then probably

This. Then probably.. standard meripo afterwards. Cause I roll like that.
 Odin.Liela
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-06-11 17:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Goodness, I don't know. I try to keep all my jobs capped, so it won't be any huge leveling party to get from 75 to 76. Since black mage and thief are my two favorite jobs, they will probably ding up first.

On black mage, I'll likely find a quiet spot where there's not many other people and go blow things up with my husband.

I don't party on thief. So most likely I will ding up either farming easy preys or in campaign battle.

Actually, I don't party on warrior or ranger, either. So on war, it'll probably be campaign battle or quiet FoV with my husband. On rng, maybe duo'ing imps or, since I consider actually ranging in campaign battles to be an epic waste of arrows, I might /anon myself, /dnc, grab a DD axe, and go chop up campaign mobs.

Since everyone and their hamster and their hamster's furby will also be leveling at the same time, all the camps, campaign battles, and quiet places might be flooded with people. If that's the case, then I would hop on a level 10, level sync all of my husband's jobs down one by one and kill a bunny in ronfaure, then trade so he's on a level 10 and ding all my jobs up one by one on a bunny. But hopefully we can find an actual place to level up for awhile. :-)
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-06-11 17:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Liela said:
Goodness, I don't know. I try to keep all my jobs capped, so it won't be any huge leveling party to get from 75 to 76. Since black mage and thief are my two favorite jobs, they will probably ding up first. On black mage, I'll likely find a quiet spot where there's not many other people and go blow things up with my husband. I don't party on thief. So most likely I will ding up either farming easy preys or in campaign battle. Actually, I don't party on warrior or ranger, either. So on war, it'll probably be campaign battle or quiet FoV with my husband. On rng, maybe duo'ing imps or, since I consider actually ranging in campaign battles to be an epic waste of arrows, I might /anon myself, /dnc, grab a DD axe, and go chop up campaign mobs. Since everyone and their hamster and their hamster's furby will also be leveling at the same time, all the camps, campaign battles, and quiet places might be flooded with people. If that's the case, then I would hop on a level 10, level sync all of my husband's jobs down one by one and kill a bunny in ronfaure, then trade so he's on a level 10 and ding all my jobs up one by one on a bunny. But hopefully we can find an actual place to level up for awhile. :-)
You plan on lvling 3 jobs to 80 in campaign? Holy crap shoot me now.
[+]
 Odin.Liela
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-06-11 17:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Odin.Liela said:
Goodness, I don't know. I try to keep all my jobs capped, so it won't be any huge leveling party to get from 75 to 76. Since black mage and thief are my two favorite jobs, they will probably ding up first. On black mage, I'll likely find a quiet spot where there's not many other people and go blow things up with my husband. I don't party on thief. So most likely I will ding up either farming easy preys or in campaign battle. Actually, I don't party on warrior or ranger, either. So on war, it'll probably be campaign battle or quiet FoV with my husband. On rng, maybe duo'ing imps or, since I consider actually ranging in campaign battles to be an epic waste of arrows, I might /anon myself, /dnc, grab a DD axe, and go chop up campaign mobs. Since everyone and their hamster and their hamster's furby will also be leveling at the same time, all the camps, campaign battles, and quiet places might be flooded with people. If that's the case, then I would hop on a level 10, level sync all of my husband's jobs down one by one and kill a bunny in ronfaure, then trade so he's on a level 10 and ding all my jobs up one by one on a bunny. But hopefully we can find an actual place to level up for awhile. :-)

All 3 of those jobs are at 43,999/44,000 xp. It will take one battle for each of them. Hells, I could run around town doing that little streetsweeper quest once apiece and ding on all 3 of them. And once the leveling frenzy from everyone else dies down, I'll likely be able to find other places to take them all to 80.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-11 17:16:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
I got thf from a little over 60 to 75 in campaign.
[+]
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2010-06-11 17:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably will merit pt-ish on rdm and whm

smn will probably be campaigned.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-06-11 17:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
I won't.

You do not even play any more, why should you care. Stop being vain and let everyone else enjoy what you are not, dumbshit.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-06-11 17:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Siren.Enternius said:
I won't.
You do not even play any more, why should you care. Stop being vain and let everyone else enjoy what you are not, dumbshit.
I thought that too but I let it go...

[+]
 Shiva.Weewoo
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-11 17:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I will feel so much more happy and fulfilled if I ding off of one of these.

[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-06-11 17:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
I got thf from a little over 60 to 75 in campaign.

I level'd just about every job besides Cor from 60 to 75 in Campaign Battle. Sch was still newish and everyone was leveling that, so I even had to level Whm to 75 in Campaign.
[+]
 Shiva.Xet
Server: Shiva
user: Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-06-11 17:24:42
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM > Merit
DRG > Merit
WHM > (if i decide to level it) Merit or anything idc
PLD > Campaign
SMN > SMN Burn
BLM > Manaburn or troll merit as ppl are still to HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to know this is an xp camp.
THF > Merit/Campaign

BLM will be my first 75 if i can manage it, Nukers gotta Nuke.
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2010-06-11 17:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably in a campaign battle, or even in Boyahda whilst skilling my parrying.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-06-11 17:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Siren.Enternius said:
I won't.
I thought that too but I let it go...

He quit, and is always a vain and sophomoric emo on the forums , mind him ;).
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-11 17:44:30
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU will ding on Imps or Cointeach provided the camps aren't full to bursting. BLM will probably ding on puddings if anything, DRG will ding in a standard exp party.
By Odin.Joeofalltrades 2010-06-11 17:44:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Xet said:
Nukers gotta Nuke.

tnl 1 ftw
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-11 17:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
BLU will ding on Imps or Cointeach provided the camps aren't full to bursting. BLM will probably ding on puddings if anything, DRG will ding in a standard exp party.
Or pets!
First Page 2 3 4