Update
First Page 2
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-09 19:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wondering, why are most of the einherjar linkshell's taking a break till update?
I haven't really looked through update much, but what's going to get tweaked for einherjar?

Also, the new add-ons are the new leveling areas?
[+]
 Seraph.Gilhaven
Server: Seraph
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2010-06-09 19:28:34
Link | Quote | Reply

idk about einherjar...I dont do it, but ya...general consensus is that abyssea is going to be the place...or atleast give people the option to lvl there. Im sure most ppl will probably still stick to lvl sync'd pty's..unless there's some really good camps..and by good I mean can hold more than 3 party's.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-09 19:34:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's hope SE in the last 9 years has learned something about the way we play and releases an add on that does help instead of make it more of a pain.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-09 19:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Let's hope SE in the last 9 years has learned something about the way we play and releases an add on that does help instead of make it more of a pain.
doubt that's gonna happen, it is SE we are talking about.
 Siren.Miayoko
Server: Siren
user: Miayoko
By Siren.Miayoko 2010-06-09 19:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

SE learn anything...oh lulz. <3 Your silly Darki.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-09 19:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

well everytime they release an update to fix something, they just *** it over more most of the time, then reserve it somehow to try to help.

probably new add-ons will need a few updates before it's balanced.

I bet ff14 will also need like 6 months of heavy updating before it's also balanced or glitches get fixed.
[+]
 Siren.Miayoko
Server: Siren
user: Miayoko
By Siren.Miayoko 2010-06-09 19:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol yep and lets pray the customer service is better...but, I'm not holding my breath.
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-06-09 20:52:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
well everytime they release an update to fix something, they just *** it over more most of the time, then reserve it somehow to try to help.

probably new add-ons will need a few updates before it's balanced.

I bet ff14 will also need like 6 months of heavy updating before it's also balanced or glitches get fixed.

Doubt 6months will be enough time. Prob won't unlock first genkai(or w/e their gonna call it) by then even.
 Shiva.Darkshade
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-06-09 21:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys it's time again for SUCK MY SOUR ***.

You heard it right, it's time again for pages and pages of threads consisting of people sucking on my ***, but complaining that my *** milk is sour.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!

They will also ask why my ***'s haven't learned to produce the particular type of milk that they want, and complain, ALL WHILE STILL SUCKING MY ***.

YOU HEARD ME RIGHT.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-06-09 21:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Under the table question... When will the first level cap raise be implemented? And is it only to 80?
 Shiva.Darkshade
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-06-09 21:16:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury said:
Under the table question... When will the first level cap raise be implemented? And is it only to 80?
On either the 21st or 22nd of this month, and it will be only 80 at this time.

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-06-09 21:18:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool, thanks ^^b
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-09 21:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

new campaign rewards, doesn't it ring a bell to anyone? maybe something worthwhile to invest your AN on?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2010-06-09 21:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick question since it was brought up, where are people getting that it will be lvl 80? i do not recall seeing a confirmation on the break up of the lvl caps to the exact level. I understand it would make sense since every limit break is every 5 lvls but considering they claimed there would be no limit break from here on + it being SE (we all know they have no sense in logic) i would not mind seeing an actual break up of the coming levels if any has seen them posted.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-09 22:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

eh? tried to understand your post, but really couldnt much.
first cap is 80 then 85 then 90 95 99... if that was your question, it will come with the updates i believe.
[+]
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Server: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-06-09 22:25:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
eh? tried to understand your post, but really couldnt much. first cap is 80 then 85 then 90 95 99... if that was your question, it will come with the updates i believe.
I can't math out your post D: 3 level cap raises but 80 85 90 95 99 wut? O.o
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-06-09 22:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I love the use of the word abolishment for cop areas. Makes it seems hardcore.
 Leviathan.Novax
user: Novax
By Leviathan.Novax 2010-06-09 22:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Says job adjustments, but we haven't heard anything about said adjustments ; ;
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-09 22:44:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Moldtech said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
eh? tried to understand your post, but really couldnt much. first cap is 80 then 85 then 90 95 99... if that was your question, it will come with the updates i believe.

well i thought cap was getting raised to 99, so I've heard, but if it's 3 level caps increase then we'll only get to 90. unless they break the cap 10 levels instead of 5.
 Carbuncle.Axle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-06-09 22:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Unicorn.Moldtech said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

well i thought cap was getting raised to 99, so I've heard, but if it's 3 level caps increase then we'll only get to 90. unless they break the cap 10 levels instead of 5.

And they never said we'd be lvl 99 cap by december. might only be 5 lvls a time for next 2 years.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-06-09 22:52:09
Link | Quote | Reply

first 83
then 91
finally 99
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
Server: Fenrir
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-06-09 22:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

This update brings the cap to 80, with the next ones each getting a cap increase until Dec. The level cap in Dec will be at 99.

The caps will each go up by five, save the last update, which the cap will go up by 4.
 Leviathan.Novax
By Leviathan.Novax 2010-06-09 22:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Axle said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Unicorn.Moldtech said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

And they never said we'd be lvl 99 cap by december. might only be 5 lvls a time for next 2 years.

They actaully DID say 99 by the end of the year.
 Unicorn.Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-06-09 22:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Famitsu interview Q&A;

-- It's been six and a half years since the last increase to level cap. Are you planning more "Limit Break" quests (quests which increase the level cap)?

Matsui: We don't plan on having quests like the previous ones. I guess we do need to continue them somehow, but we plan on lowering the difficulty. Raising the level cap changes up the balance and is tough on the adventurers. Thus if they can just go and release it--. It's not like we do it to be mean (laugh).

-- You say you'll be raising the level cap step by step. What will the next cap be?

Matsui: We'll start with 80. It's been a long time since we set the cap to 75, so we want to make lots of changes level by level on the way to 80. We haven't decided whether to raise by 5s or 10s after that.

-- Once the level cap is removed, will the current HNM (an abbreviation for "high-level notorious monster", monsters designed to be fought by many players at once) be adjusted?

Matsui: We're considering not making major changes. We don't think it's bad that the fierce enemies and endgame content up to now can be taken on with fewer players. Instead, we plan to add new enemies to fit the new level cap.

-- With the increase in level cap comes an increase in support job level cap. Powerful magics and abilities like Refresh and Convert will become usable without having to be one's specialties. Are you planning to adjust their effect when used as a support job?

Matsui: Personally, I like the idea of getting Refresh from a support job. I'd like to see Red Mage gain an even stronger Refresh, making battles even more flashy as he tells everyone to "Go for it! Spam your magic!".

-- With how long the level cap has been 75, I think there have been a lot of people who worked hard to get "ultimate gear". How do you plan to follow this up?

Matsui: Using the "Magian's Trials" system we plan to implement, we believe they will continue to be useful at higher levels. We'd like to see them mixed with new equipment.

* About the expansion battle area "Abyssea"

-- You can get the third type of job-specific equipment ("AF3") in Abyssea, but will you need to buy all three Abysseas to get it all?

Ito: You can get it all from a single package. Depending on which you have, different materials will be available for "Magian's Trials", and its objectives will differ.

-- What are the major differences between the three packages?

Tanaka: They each contain different areas, and the monsters that appear are different. You can choose between them according to your goals.

Ito: Unlike Dynamis, a single area one must reserve, Abyssea can be entered freely by anyone. It can even be soloed.

* About "Final Fantasy XIV"

-- You announced "Final Fantasy XIV"'s α and β test participants, but can you give us a solid date?

Tanaka: They will be displayed on the β tester site that goes live March 11th. We're currently making major adjustments, so the dates may change one way or the other.

-- How long will the α test be?

Tanaka: That depends on the response from the testers.

-- The cheers were quite impressive when you announced the "FFXIV" β test. How did that feel?

Kawamoto: I was overjoyed. I didn't expect them to cheer that loud. (laughs)
 Leviathan.Novax
By Leviathan.Novax 2010-06-09 22:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Stiklelf said:
This update brings the cap to 80, with the next ones each getting a cap increase until Dec. The level cap in Dec will be at 99.

The caps will each go up by five, save the last update, which the cap will go up by 4.

That'd put us @ 94.
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
Server: Fenrir
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-06-09 22:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

How so? 80-85-90-95-99

*Edits* Unless of course I'm wrong. But I could have swore they said it was going up 5 at a time until 95-99.
 Unicorn.Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-06-09 23:04:04
Link | Quote | Reply

read the interview D:!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-09 23:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

The timeline only lists up to "Level Cap Increase III" by December, so assuming they stick to the time line, there will be three increases. Since this first one is 80, the ones after will probably be more than 5. 80-90-99 I'm guessing. However, it is SE, they can change their mind whenever the hell the want, for whatever reason.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-06-09 23:08:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Virtuosus said:
The timeline only lists up to "Level Cap Increase III" by December, so assuming they stick to the time line, there will be three increases. Since this first one is 80, the ones after will probably be more than 5. 80-90-99 I'm guessing. However, it is SE, they can change their mind whenever the hell the want, for whatever reason.
That and it sounds like they're winging it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2010-06-10 00:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you Moldtech that is exactly what i wanted to see. I have heard everyone say first limit break to be to 80 but i was not sure where that was being quoted from so i was simply asking.
First Page 2