Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Gira said:
Lakshmi.Bowlet said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Lakshmi.Wardens said:
Anyone have any advice?

yes

lmao thats just great.

guys don't you know if you smoke weed all day everyday it will expand your lungs. So just smoke the good herb while playing and you'll be good. xD
If this is true, this is the best fun fact I've heard in the past year.

Also, best FFXIAH.com avatar EVER. You win the site sir.

yes it is true. Its basically the same as breathing techniques, just with smoke. If you take large hits, hold them in, it expands your lungs indefinitely. But smoking the herb makes people lethargic, causing your cardio function to dwindle down. Which would make it tougher for you to 'work out' because your heart is not use to pumping so much blood/oxygen to the working muscles.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-06-29 13:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Gira said:
[
Ehhh I've taken 6 years of martial arts and 3 years of weapons training (foil and sabre). I exercise 2hours a day everyday (well I skip a day or two in a busy week, who doesn't) and the only thing that would mar my physical aptitude as tested in such a study would be my naturally low blood pressure (/sigh... genetics) or my asthma (... is that genetic too? Oh well).

bo-staff and nun-chuck skills, huh

let's be real here

you trained yourself to be a marine by jumping off your roof onto a trampoline, didn't you

Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2010-06-29 13:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I know my friend has been smoking weed alot and he got wayyy too lazy to work out. And he did gain a bit of weight bc he's also been eating alot. lol But he's still pretty skinny.
 Diabolos.Gira
Server: Diabolos
user: Cameryn
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-06-29 13:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Diabolos.Gira said:
[
Ehhh I've taken 6 years of martial arts and 3 years of weapons training (foil and sabre). I exercise 2hours a day everyday (well I skip a day or two in a busy week, who doesn't) and the only thing that would mar my physical aptitude as tested in such a study would be my naturally low blood pressure (/sigh... genetics) or my asthma (... is that genetic too? Oh well).

bo-staff and nun-chuck skills, huh

let's be real here

you trained yourself to be a marine by jumping off your roof onto a trampoline, didn't you

Are "bo-staff" and "nun-chuck skills" how you say Foil and Sabre in retard? If so then maybe... Also, nun-chucks are just for aesthetics, any one who trains with nun-chucks treating them as a legitimate weapon is an idiot. Fact.

Oh well, thanks for the lol's I guess? heh.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-06-29 13:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Gira said:
Are "bo-staff" and "nun-chuck skills" how you say Foil and Sabre in retard? If so then maybe... Also, nun-chucks are just for aesthetics, any one who trains with nun-chucks treating them as a legitimate weapon is an idiot. Fact.

so, yes then
 Diabolos.Gira
user: Cameryn
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-06-29 13:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Diabolos.Gira said:

so, yes then

Glad we got that cleared up... hey I saw a seminar on how to use Katanas, how do you say that in retard? I just want to get the lingo right here.
 Cerberus.Alzeroth
Server: Cerberus
user: Alzeroth
By Cerberus.Alzeroth 2010-06-29 13:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Luarania said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Excellent. Now I can say I am training to be a jet pilot!
Gaming also improves your eyesight more than carrots, and I am quoting that off an article but don't have a link to it.

Whoever claims carrots does anything for your eyesight,
needs to take into consideration the amount of dead rabbits we see on the roads.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-06-29 14:00:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Gira said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Diabolos.Gira said:

so, yes then

Glad we got that cleared up... hey I saw a seminar on how to use Katanas, how do you say that in retard? I just want to get the lingo right here.

i'm pretty sure these guys can help you out

plus you can hang out on weekends with all that common ground yall got

Asura.Barthalomew
Server: Asura
user: Forby
By Asura.Barthalomew 2010-06-29 14:06:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Poupee said:
Well I know I don't >_>

Yeah we know. I would have your babies Poupee :)
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2010-06-29 22:33:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't say I'm surprised. Since I stopped playing late last year, I've lost ~ 40 lbs. and am starting to see my abs again. I'm sure playing several hours a day helped contribute, though I would hesitate to designate it as the sole reason.
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-06-29 22:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Not all of us folks!!! If you feel that way it can be changed for sure!!!
 Ramuh.Brahmdut
Server: Ramuh
user: brahmdut
By Ramuh.Brahmdut 2010-06-29 23:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

back in the day when i started playing the REAL Nintendo i would be very active playing the game lol
 Valefor.Kyli
Server: Valefor
user: Kyli
By Valefor.Kyli 2010-06-30 17:37:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Something I was wondering while reading this and looking at all the replies... did they even look at a 60 year old chain smoker's lung capacity before comparing him to one? I'm sure there are tests, but it's hard to generalize that for me. And of course the lungs are bad, but what about the rest of him? Was it just his lungs that were in danger or was it other things too? They said he looked fit and healthy, but his lungs weren't! I feel like there should be more information!

I'm not in great shape, but I am on my feet and work and I walk down the street to the store if I want something instead of driving there. I have been playing less recently, and I did notice I started losing weight, but I think that was more because I was out and about more instead of sitting at home playing FFXI!

Overall this was interesting to read... and yes, it makes me want to go for a walk.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Diabolos.Chibixzero
By Diabolos.Chibixzero 2010-06-30 19:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy said:
I guess Jaerik is the exception to this rule. Have you seen those biceps!?
Creatine :0
 Odin.Lowblow
Server: Odin
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2010-06-30 19:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to in fact run roughly 5km a day to train for marathons.

Plus play ***tons of sports...

I bet i couldnt run 1km now without feeling like ima die.

But its not just from gaming, its a lot of bad lifestyle choices and not being 100% active outside lik ei used to.
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2010-07-01 08:39:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Chibixzero said:
Asura.Ludoggy said:
I guess Jaerik is the exception to this rule. Have you seen those biceps!?

Creatine :0
Lmao! Isn't that stuff supposed to be unhealthy? I don't remember where I heard that. But I do know my friend recently told me that he thinks all it is 'supposed' to do is help your muscles heal faster and pump them up with water or something. I know I used it a couple times and I felt like my muscles were harder for a little while. If I find out it's not unhealthy I wouldn't mind using it again lol
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7