Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-08 20:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Ignasio said:
Computer Hacking Law & Legal Definition

Computer hacking is broadly defined as intentionally accesses a computer without authorization or exceeds authorized access. Various state and federal laws govern computer hacking.

For real guy, you need to learn your ***. I took programing alone for 4 years, that doesn't include my total of 16 years of all computer courses (programming, specific programs, networking, etc.)
lol must have not got your moneys worth then LOLNOOB.
i didn't take programming for 4 years, didn't take 16 years of computer courses.
You obviously didn't take spelling by the way man.
BTW just saying you took a course doesn't mean ***, I used to be an art major so I must know a ***TON about art.
Since you "took programming" you should know that keylogging isn't really "hacking", it CAN be hacking, but since you don't seem to keep up to date with terminology, i'd say it's more a phishing concern than hacking because people now a days like to fancify words.
essentially if you want to get right down to it, it's just stealing, nitpicky ***.
If you are so good with teh computarz, what certifications do you have?
Still seems like you don't know what the *** i'm talking about though, if you read through what i said it does have a basis on opinion rather than "morbidly defined fact"
common sense dictates what i say man, not *** webster.
keep on replying ignasio, i'll keep trolling your ***.
Leviathan.Leonstrife said:
Now HE is good at this.
nah, don't think so, quit being a suck up.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Server: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-06-08 20:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd agree that keylogging isn't hacking but most of the time a computer will have to be hacked in some way or form to actually get the keylogger onto the system. It's certainly not phishing as phishing normally requires that you're knowingly giving up information, which isn't the case with keylogging.

But this whole discussion has been pretty HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE in general, lol.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-08 20:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
I'd agree that keylogging isn't hacking but most of the time a computer will have to be hacked in some way or form to actually get the keylogger onto the system. It's certainly not phishing as phishing normally requires that you're knowingly giving up information, which isn't the case with keylogging.

But this whole discussion has been pretty HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE in general, lol.
dude is being a good lolcow, which feeds my boredom lol
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-06-08 20:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

You have strange hobbies.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-08 20:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
You have strange hobbies.
yeah, i sit a work and do all this ***so i kinda just look for people who give me an attitude with something i say, now if everyone's cool i'm cool, but when someone gives me the lip i lay down the troll hammer.
 Caitsith.Silvaria
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Silvaria 2010-06-08 20:58:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I had password issues one time a few months ago, and after calling their c/s number, I was told I had to wait 30 minutes before trying again.
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-06-09 12:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, as far as the keyloggers being realtime or not, no i'm sure they don't always have to be, but with any keylogger designed to obtain ffxi login info it's gonna have to be written with the fact in mind that after an update about a year or more ago, POL has been programmed so that you don't have to actually type your pw in. Which requires a more advanced keylogger to be able to watch your mouse, which the rmt came up with not long after. Now, they have to get by this security token in order to hack people's accounts; since they're pretty desperate to make a profit off of us, they're going to figure out a way to do that too. So yeah, getting hacked with a token is a very real possibility. Getting hacked on a console is a very real possibility. The rmt are pretty desperate at this point and they're gonna do anything and everything that they possibly can do; hack us, hack SE, whatever.

Keyloggers for FFXI are getting more and more complex and advanced because of SE's safety precautions against hacking.

And it's a good thing that SE were up on it this time, changing passwords etc. after the hacking so we don't have as huge of a situation on our hands.