FoV question.
First Page 2
 Midgardsormr.Markers
Server: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: Markers
By Midgardsormr.Markers 2010-06-05 15:52:35
Link | Quote | Reply

So I have been looking into doing some Fields of Valor Notorious Monsters to get try some augments on random equipment and I was wondering do I need to just trade the equipment to the page? Or do I actually have to trade the gil, seals, and equipment for this?
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-06-05 15:53:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe it's just equipment.
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2010-06-05 15:55:22
Link | Quote | Reply

You have to trade the equipment/gil/seals to the corrosponding field parchment i beleive, been a while since i did it.
 Fenrir.Luarania
Server: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-05 15:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

It is just the item you wish to do, equipment for augmenting, gil for double of that, seals for exp.

Do note you must 'buy' the correct training page from the FoV book.
 Seraph.Gilhaven
Server: Seraph
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2010-06-05 15:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Luarania said:
It is just the item you wish to do, equipment for augmenting, gil for double of that, seals for exp.

Do note you must 'buy' the correct training page from the FoV book.

Ya...make SURE you get the right chapter first before you head out to fight your mob. I've forgotten to get the page/key item a few times and it's a royal pain in the *** to hike back to the field manual and get it.
 Bismarck.Bloodbeat
Server: Bismarck
user: bloodbeat
By Bismarck.Bloodbeat 2010-06-05 16:09:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya, buy regime from manual, pref before Japanese Midnight if you wanna do more than one, go to field parchment and trade it your stuff.
I'd always suggest going in with TP since it doesnt wipe TP to 0 for some odd reason.
 Midgardsormr.Markers
By Midgardsormr.Markers 2010-06-05 16:12:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so how do I know which is the right page? I heard that the sky one gives the best results so I was gonna try that one a few times tonight. And TP before pop sounds good :D
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-05 16:14:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Once per day. After JP midnight it resets and you can go again.

If you plan to do Eraser it's page 7, or whatever the final one is. Wiki has it listed.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Field_Parchment

The clickable of what is below.
 Bismarck.Bloodbeat
By Bismarck.Bloodbeat 2010-06-05 16:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Field_Parchment has the levels of gear and chapter information
 Midgardsormr.Markers
By Midgardsormr.Markers 2010-06-05 16:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

kk, thanks for all the help!
 Midgardsormr.Markers
By Midgardsormr.Markers 2010-06-05 16:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh any recommened pieces good for augmenting? I was just gonna do a few warewolf belts just to see the possibilities.
 Bismarck.Bloodbeat
By Bismarck.Bloodbeat 2010-06-05 16:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't say I know it thoroughly enough to say how the distribution or nature of augments work. I'd like a mage-favourable augment for Staff so gonna have a go on Darksday to see what comes back. *Fingers crossed*
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-05 16:18:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Far as I am aware, no one really knows how FoV works. I think for the most part it's just totally random.
 Bismarck.Bloodbeat
By Bismarck.Bloodbeat 2010-06-05 16:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh but I augmented some Dodge Earrings and got like Resist vs Element +6-8 on each one so while it's nothing amazing, it's purely beneficial :D
 Midgardsormr.Markers
By Midgardsormr.Markers 2010-06-05 16:18:56
Link | Quote | Reply

hmm maybe Ill go on firesday for a hope on some extra str or something...does haste have an affinity?
 Shiva.Weewoo
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-05 16:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Markers said:
hmm maybe Ill go on firesday for a hope on some extra str or something...does haste have an affinity?

FoV augments are generally random. People have been trying to find correlations and patterns since this feature came out. Nothing is conclusive though, but feel free to post the zone, time, day, condition under wiki if you get something really nice. Maybe some day we'll figure it out.
 Bismarck.Bloodbeat
By Bismarck.Bloodbeat 2010-06-05 16:21:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Erm I think Haste is wind right? But if it was going by elemental days and attributes then I'd say you'd get AGI. I think some of the higher chapters do offer some nice haste augments. Just make sure it isn't gear you can't afford to gimp because you might end up with something like MND/INT+ and VIT/AGI- on DD gear which isn't always nice :(
 Midgardsormr.Markers
By Midgardsormr.Markers 2010-06-05 16:21:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I sure will do that Weewoo ^^
 Midgardsormr.Markers
By Midgardsormr.Markers 2010-06-05 16:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodbeat said:
Erm I think Haste is wind right? But if it was going by elemental days and attributes then I'd say you'd get AGI. I think some of the higher chapters do offer some nice haste augments. Just make sure it isn't gear you can't afford to gimp because you might end up with something like MND/INT and VIT/AGI- on DD gear which isn't always nice :(

Yeah i was gonna stick with the affordable gear that is decent already but with the right stats could be full timers Not trying to break my bank though xD
 Bismarck.Bloodbeat
By Bismarck.Bloodbeat 2010-06-05 16:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Well theres always that gear that offers you nothing. I traded in a Cuir Bouilli and got Resist Bind+1 and Resists vs Fire & Water +7 :)
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-05 16:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

As long as you don't get negative numbers that's a good augment in my eyes. Even if it is useless or ironic. Kinda like dusk gloves with resist gravity +1 xD
 Bismarck.Bloodbeat
By Bismarck.Bloodbeat 2010-06-05 16:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Weewoo said:
As long as you don't get negative numbers that's a good augment in my eyes. Even if it is useless or ironic. Kinda like dusk gloves with resist gravity 1 xD

Yeah that's true. You can't get contradiction augments can you?
Like if you had gear that was naturally stat-, you could get that same stat+ in the augment? I've noticed a lot of people trade in their RSE gear. I did it once and only got Elemental resists...
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-05 16:46:12
Link | Quote | Reply

You can get contradiction augments. I've seen many pieces go basically from HQ to NQ and vice versa. Just gotta hope you're lucky.

Midgardsormr.Markers
By Midgardsormr.Markers 2010-06-05 16:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh that sounds like a little fun, trading in RSE gear :D
 Bismarck.Bloodbeat
By Bismarck.Bloodbeat 2010-06-05 16:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol well I'd wear some of my RSE gear if it didn't selectively gimp me lol. One more vanadiel day 'til I do my FoVNM. :D
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-05 16:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be careful doing that as you cannot reobtain these pieces again aside from buying them off others. But if they're not that useful to you or only have use for subjobs, give it a go.
 Midgardsormr.Markers
By Midgardsormr.Markers 2010-06-05 17:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Weewoo said:

I'd be careful doing that as you cannot reobtain these pieces again aside from buying them off others. But if they're not that useful to you or only have use for subjobs, give it a go.

lol i was thinking of the lvl 1 stuff xD but yeah its a high risk/reward i think with just about anything equipment you use. but it can be worth it
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-05 17:22:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd stick with cheap ah stuff that is already usuable or is already almost good enough to use so anything on it makes it good.

Hence why blms do weskits and such. Of course cheep is a relative term lol.

Also after doing alot of testing on such I litterally could find no patern in the augments. And this comes from like 70 or so solo attempts including starting a few on exactly the same game time killing the mob at exactly the same game time and ending at the exactly the same game time on the same game day of the week and same exact moonphase. Got completely different augments each time lol.

Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-05 17:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

lol i was thinking of the lvl 1 stuff xD but yeah its a high risk/reward i think with just about anything equipment you use. but it can be worth it
wiki said:
The following equipment cannot be traded: Exclusive, Rare, Augmented, signed, stackable (arrows, bullets, Holy Ampullas, etc.), Charged (Ecphoria Ring, High Breath Mantle, etc.), nation aketons, grips, possibly Garrison Equipment and items with no level requirement (e.g. fishing rods), and some items with hidden effects ie (Tredecim Scythe, Maneater, etc.).
Don't think this has been brought up yet.

edited becaused copy paste didn't get everything.
 Ifrit.Airius
Server: Ifrit
user: Airius
By Ifrit.Airius 2010-06-05 17:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Weewoo said:

If the armor comes as a store-able set you can trade in the entire set to one of the armor storage NPCs to erase the augments if you didn't like the ones you got.
First Page 2