First Page 2 3
 Phoenix.Juggalo
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Juggalo
By Phoenix.Juggalo 2010-06-03 09:03:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey all.

So I was wondering if there exists somewhere the font used in-game for things, such as the chat log, the menus, etc. Either the default or the font used in the Branson UI Pack would be fine.

I'm looking to make some edits to some screenshots I took for fun. One particular interest of mine is creating an alternative to the /seacom function that I wanted to demonstrate as a "this should've worked like this" kind of thing. Mostly just for personal use, maybe to show my LS, etc.

Does anyone know if such font (packs) exists for Windows? With all the mod stuff out there, I'd think it'd be available for a game hitting 8 years old. I went to ffximc.com and did a Search on this forum too to be sure I wasn't asking something already answered...

Anyone? Thanks :)
 Asura.Rinkydink
Server: Asura
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-06-03 09:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

dont have direct access to the game or game folder at the moment but wouldnt there likely be a font in the install or the game disc?

Phoenix.Juggalo
By Phoenix.Juggalo 2010-06-03 09:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a good point, Rinkydink. Thing is, aren't most of those files all proprietary extension type of files that only FFXI can read? I'm not really that techie to know how it all works. I thought perhaps there was already a font pack somewhere online someone might know about. But I'd certainly take some kind of instructions on how to "rip it" from the game's install files, if that's possible!
 Asura.Rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-06-03 09:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

ill have a look when i get home.. im sure there'll be a font in there somewhere..

might take me a whilse cos there LOADS of files but ill looksee

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2010-06-03 11:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I've always wanted the default FFXI font as an actual Windows font too. If you find it, let us know~
 Shiva.Darkshade
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-06-03 11:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone linked my thread <3
 Phoenix.Juggalo
By Phoenix.Juggalo 2010-06-03 11:47:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Icon file locations:

ROM\119\51.DAT - User Interface (NA)

ROM\119\57.DAT - Status Icons (NA)

Here is the >Brandson font UI v1.16< and >Status Icons Custom Utsusemi Icon v1.15< (the status icon download has both dats 51 57, but the 57 dat in the second link is outdated so don't used that one).

>Wide Screen Brandson font UI Status Icons vIDK<

While they are up-to-date now, you'll have to reinstall them after you download and install after every update and/or when POL fixes itself.

Go >here< and keep track of this thread cuz it'll prob be added here for download when it becomes available, cheers~

I might have missed something, but those seem to be referencing icon files, whereas I'm actually looking for font I can type with in a program like Photoshop or something similar and have the text come out looking like the FFXI font.
If I missed something, I apologize.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-06-03 12:01:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Juggalo said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Icon file locations:

Here is the >Brandson font UI v1.16< and >Status Icons Custom Utsusemi Icon v1.15< (the status icon download has both dats 51 57, but the 57 dat in the second link is outdated so don't used that one).

While they are up-to-date now, you'll have to reinstall them after you download and install after every update and/or when POL fixes itself.

Go >here< and keep track of this thread cuz it'll prob be added here for download when it becomes available, cheers~

I might have missed something, but those seem to be referencing icon files, whereas I'm actually looking for font I can type with in a program like Photoshop or something similar and have the text come out looking like the FFXI font.
If I missed something, I apologize.
To my knowledge, most/all fonts are vector based, this allows them to be drawn at small or huge sizes without losing quality. Imagine the fonts in FFXI as being extremely tiny 12x12 pixel image files. The only way you could ever use them would be to figure out how to trace them yourself and make a font file.
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2010-06-03 12:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

ok is it just me or can some people not find

and C: Programs/Playonline/ROM/119 :(

Post deleted by User.
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2010-06-03 12:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

C: and D:
 Asura.Rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-06-03 12:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

its in your actual FFXI folder.. not just playonline

c:\program files\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\ROM\119 should do ya

Gilgamesh.Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2010-06-03 12:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Rinkydink said:
its in your actual FFXI folder.. not just playonline

c:\program files\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\ROM\119 should do ya

and how do i find that, in the search on my computer?

Post deleted by User.
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2010-06-03 12:12:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Go to the bigger hard-drive and it'll say Program Files for one of the folder's names in that one (if it is hidden you will have to unhide them) then Playonline then ROM folder name then 119 then drop them in there.

Save the original 51.dat and 57.dat by copy then paste on desktop till you put them w/e you want.
ROM is the name? cause theres like ROM then ROM 1-9

Post deleted by User.
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2010-06-03 12:14:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Gilgamesh.Astrida said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Go to the bigger hard-drive and it'll say Program Files for one of the folder's names in that one (if it is hidden you will have to unhide them) then Playonline then ROM folder name then 119 then drop them in there.

Save the original 51.dat and 57.dat by copy then paste on desktop till you put them w/e you want.
Just ROM exactly.
Thanks <3 well see if it works xD
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2010-06-03 12:16:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Gilgamesh.Astrida said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:

Just ROM exactly.
and since i copy'd the original, do i overwrite the ones in the folder? or just place them in there?
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-03 12:17:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Astrida said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Gilgamesh.Astrida said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:

Just ROM exactly.
and since i copy'd the original, do i overwrite the ones in the folder? or just place them in there?

If you copied the original files and put them somewhere safe (preferably a backup folder of some sort) you can then overwrite the originals with your modded font files.
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2010-06-03 12:18:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Weewoo said:
Gilgamesh.Astrida said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Gilgamesh.Astrida said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:

Just ROM exactly.

If you copied the original files and put them somewhere safe (preferably a backup folder of some sort) you can then overwrite the originals with your modded font files.
Thank you :)

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Snuffy
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Snuffy 2010-06-03 12:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you go about replacing the in game fonts with a different one? I've seen people with Comic Sans fonts. I'd prefer a font more along the lines of the one used in FF14.
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2010-06-03 12:23:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Gilgamesh.Astrida said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Gilgamesh.Astrida said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:

Just ROM exactly.
Ya, just place them in there.
Ok soooooo, i just saved them in there, but there names are like ojoejfniwh8fry898pj, do i rename them as 51 and 57?
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-03 12:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Astrida said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Gilgamesh.Astrida said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Gilgamesh.Astrida said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:

Just ROM exactly.
Ya, just place them in there.
Ok soooooo, i just saved them in there, but there names are like ojoejfniwh8fry898pj, do i rename them as 51 and 57?

Yes, otherwise they won't be replaced or read at all. They must be the same file names and be .DAT
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2010-06-03 12:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Icon file locations:

i downloaded the widescreen one, it says icons and font, so does that mean i save it for both 51 and 57?
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-03 12:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, you're in essence replacing the original 51 and 57.dat with your new custom ones, but it is vital to both backup the originals (heaven forbid you get a software error), and replace the files correctly. Make sure you're replacing the UI as 51 and status icons as 57 or else the game will try and run icons as text and text as icons >_>
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2010-06-03 12:31:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Weewoo said:
Yes, you're in essence replacing the original 51 and 57.dat with your new custom ones, but it is vital to both backup the originals (heaven forbid you get a software error), and replace the files correctly. Make sure you're replacing the UI as 51 and status icons as 57 or else the game will try and run icons as text and text as icons >_>
But the one i downloaded says its both icons and font?
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2010-06-03 12:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply

help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i did something wrong! i came to the log on screen and it is completely black, i cant select accept and i dont see the character screen ><
First Page 2 3