FFXI Font
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2010-06-03 14:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Weewoo said:
Generally that is a case when it comes to Opaline/Benedight pieces as the body piece includes hands and the legs include the boots, but frankly I have no idea what is going on here. You'll have to tell me what he's wearing by examining him.
Idk if you heard but theres a storm going on and my net got cut off, logging on again so i can check xD
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2010-06-03 14:27:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Weewoo said:
Generally that is a case when it comes to Opaline/Benedight pieces as the body piece includes hands and the legs include the boots, but frankly I have no idea what is going on here. You'll have to tell me what he's wearing by examining him.
hes not wearing anything but that onoko yukata lol
 Shiva.Weewoo
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-03 14:27:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Mkay. And also sometimes people can't be targeted for whatever reason so you can always use /c Nameofguy to see what they're sporting.

Edit: LAWL. Your naked galka dats might be messed up. Do you have a model viewer to confirm this?
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2010-06-03 14:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Weewoo said:
Mkay. And also sometimes people can't be targeted for whatever reason so you can always use /c Nameofguy to see what they're sporting.

Edit: LAWL. Your naked galka dats might be messed up. Do you have a model viewer to confirm this?
Confirmed, Galkas are messed up lol

Gilgamesh.Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2010-06-03 14:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Weewoo said:

Do you know how to fix it? x.x
 Asura.Rinkydink
Server: Asura
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-06-03 14:50:00
Link | Quote | Reply

log out, kick PC, start again dont play with .dats!

lol joking.. did you back up the files you replaced? if so.. replace them and see if that works.

else, its not quite an easy explanation on here >.>
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2010-06-03 14:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Rinkydink said:

lol joking.. did you back up the files you replaced? if so.. replace them and see if that works.

well.... he had me replace the whole ROM folder x.x

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2010-06-03 18:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-03 18:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Astrida said:
Asura.Rinkydink said:

Actually throwing in the ROM folder we did only replaced the existing files and left everything else alone. Nothing should have changed except your UI and status icons. No idea what else is going on in your game files. Best to do a file check on POL and let it fix it out.
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2010-06-03 18:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Weewoo said:
Gilgamesh.Astrida said:
Asura.Rinkydink said:

Actually throwing in the ROM folder we did only replaced the existing files and left everything else alone. Nothing should have changed except your UI and status icons. No idea what else is going on in your game files. Best to do a file check on POL and let it fix it out.
and how do i go about doing that? ><
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2010-06-03 18:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Astrida said:
Shiva.Weewoo said:
Gilgamesh.Astrida said:
Asura.Rinkydink said:

never mind i got it, but last time i did this check files it said i needed the disk where i downloaded the game from
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2010-06-03 18:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

My mule on my characterrrrrrr
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-03 18:43:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Perhaps we shouldn't have used widescreen files? I really doubt that matters as dats for tarutaru heads and galka legs/hands really have absolutely nothing to do with your UI and status icon files. This sounds like something wrong on the side.
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2010-06-03 18:44:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Weewoo said:
Perhaps we shouldn't have used widescreen files? I really doubt that matters as dats for tarutaru heads and galka legs/hands really have absolutely nothing to do with your UI and status icon files. This sounds like something wrong on the side.
Well, on my main character i couldnt see galkas and tarus were fine.... on my taru character, i could see galkas, not tarus.... my head hurts :(
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-03 18:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Astrida said:
Shiva.Weewoo said:
Well, on my main character i couldnt see galkas and tarus were fine.... on my taru character, i could see galkas, not tarus.... my head hurts :(

I have no idea. That's very strange. Frankly I'd do a reinstall/file check. But I am 99.9% sure that what we modified has nothing to do with your inability to see taru heads and galka legs/feet/hands.
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2010-06-03 18:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, im just gonna forget about it right now, ill play today and shut down tonight, tomorrow if its still *** up i guess im just going to go ahead and restore my computer to old FF stuff, i dont like messing with this kind of stuff ><
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2010-06-03 18:50:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol what do you know, no files were messed up in the file check
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-03 18:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

This may or may not be relevant but you are running FFXI on a laptop correct? It's possible you are facing an overheating issue which affects your internal graphics processing unit or your software drivers for that are out of date. I'd look into both of these before taking the time to do a lengthy POL/FFXI file check.
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2010-06-03 18:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Weewoo said:
This may or may not be relevant but you are running FFXI on a laptop correct? It's possible you are facing an overheating issue which affects your internal graphics processing unit or your software drivers for that are out of date. I'd look into both of these before taking the time to do a lengthy POL/FFXI file check.
ouch really? damn, my laptop always gets overheated... :/
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2010-06-03 18:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

omg youre *** joking.... this happened to my husband, he logged onto FF and it stopped working after 2 seconds.... gfdi im screwed, same thing is happening to me... time for a new computer -.-
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-03 18:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Astrida said:
omg youre *** joking.... this happened to my husband, he logged onto FF and it stopped working after 2 seconds.... gfdi im screwed, same thing is happening to me... time for a new computer -.-

Desktop > Laptop unless you have school or travel frequently.

With that said, just turn it off for a few hours and give it a rest. Start it back up a little later and see if it works. Don't need to freak out (yet).

Also, when running your laptop, ESPECIALLY when gaming, it is vital to make sure it is somewhere dry and well ventilated.
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2010-06-03 19:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Weewoo said:
Gilgamesh.Astrida said:

Desktop > Laptop unless you have school or travel frequently.

With that said, just turn it off for a few hours and give it a rest. Start it back up a little later and see if it works. Don't need to freak out (yet).
/sigh this is going to end up being the 2nd computer ive ruined, im going to go play my ps3 i guess since this crap isnt working... and i just tried one more time and i ran into mog house (maybe it was lag) but i havent dc'd yet, going to campaign and see if i dc then, if so ill go QQ and shut it off
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-03 19:07:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget typical remedies:
Restart the game
Reboot the comp
and lastly: let the laptop rest. They can't take constant power/heat like desktops can which is why their life expectancy is a fraction of desktops.
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-06-03 19:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Have POL do a file check on FFXI data.

Have it then repair corrupted files.

Then back up your ROM folder.

Then re-install the UI pack.

Somehow files were replaced/moved/deleted that shouldn't have been.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2010-06-04 00:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkshade said:

That and use the automated installer from Windower's forum if manually replacing dats from a pack is too much.

Overheating is usually super skewed and *** up textures, not selecting dats missing and especially not if this has never happened until you started replacing .dat files for your very first time. Is this the first time you've ever seen anything like this as far as *** up graphics?
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2010-06-04 11:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Caiyuo said:
Shiva.Darkshade said:

That and use the automated installer from Windower's forum if manually replacing dats from a pack is too much.

Overheating is usually super skewed and *** up textures, not selecting dats missing and especially not if this has never happened until you started replacing .dat files for your very first time. Is this the first time you've ever seen anything like this as far as *** up graphics?
yeah that was the first time EVER, and ive played this game on about 3-4 computers in the 3 years ive been playing