Few Reasons Why RMTs Will Never Go Away!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » few reasons why RMTs will never go away!
few reasons why RMTs will never go away!
First Page 2 3
 Leviathan.Lileana
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Sumiyaka
By Leviathan.Lileana 2010-06-02 11:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

well honestly i'm tired of hearing the constant crying about RMTs when they cold hard fact is. Every MMO with an economy will ALWAYS have RMT in it. SE and an other owners can't do anything about it. They can try and try but won't work some reasons why.

1. Banning RMTs does nothing but make them lose some money then they create a new account and they are good to go.
Other words in reality SE is not getting rid of them instead just deleting some money. Which they prob make so fast it doesn't effect them.

2. Restricting them does nothing but gives them more buyers. Why? because while restricting them your doing it to players as well and many will give up with trying to constantly find new ways to gain money and just buy it.

3. RMTs do this for a living on multiple games. they will keep finding ways to make money. (now by hacking accounts)nice SE!

Can banned as many as you want they will make new accounts.
take away there ways they will find new ones. Every game does nothing besides making matters worse for real players. think about it for a sec. RMTs been around since release pretty much. Still 100s on every server farming millions of gil a day. While we are getting hacked and constantly having to find new ways to make money. Who do you really think is winning? While the Task force is thinking of new ways to screw us RMTs are laughing there *** off at the horrid attempts. Only listed a couple but there are many more reasons some i'm not aware of yet.

And before people start i'm not for RMT just smart enough to know you can't get rid of them.
[+]
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-06-02 14:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's how you get rid of RMT:

- Make an EULA that lets SE sue people who buy/sell money.

- Ban every IP coming from Korea and China.

- Strip characters who buy and sell in-game money of every single piece of gear and coin.

It's pretty harsh and not very practical, but the end result will be players who would be too afraid to buy from RMT.

[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-06-02 14:17:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Akeda said:

- Strip characters who buy and sell in-game money of every single piece of gear and coin.

It's pretty harsh and not very practical, but the end result will be players who would be too afraid to buy from RMT.

Second one bugs me, I know plenty of legit players from China AND Korea, just because they live there doesn't automatically mean they are RMTs.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Titan.Bladex
Server: Titan
user: Laddie
By Titan.Bladex 2010-06-02 14:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm recently joined Aion and there are still lot of RMT in there even NCsoft banned thousand of them...Now, NCsoft increasing the drop rate on all items and eaiser to sync a HQ items...I think this way ppls will easier to make in game money and no point to buy gold from RMTs. SE should learn from it...come on how many of us spend days to farm something with 1%~2% drop rate...that's freaking BS.
[+]
 Diabolos.Torazalinto
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Torazalinto 2010-06-02 14:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Anything worth buying (in Aion and FFXI) would will become more expensive if money is easier to get. You just get inflation. FFXI let things go unchecked and money was easy to make. The economy in the game went to ***. They banned RMT's and fixed NPC sale rates on a lot of items and the value of a gil eventually went back to "normal."
[+]
 Titan.Agents
By Titan.Agents 2010-06-02 14:55:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Not exactly, gears drop in Aion I can say equal to items that crafters make unless you lucky enough to synth top noth items (gold version) and if ppls getting gears drop from mobs ppls don't have to spend ton of money just to buy a piece of gears from AH.

PS: if Jailer of Love drop Novio more offen then the price won't be 15M+ in some bazaar....Am I right?
 Cerberus.Saithorx
Server: Cerberus
user: Saithorx
By Cerberus.Saithorx 2010-06-02 15:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

If nobody bought gil in the first place, nobody would sell it. I blame the buyers soooo much more then the sellers.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Carste
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2010-06-02 15:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I just want all of RMT's gilz.
 Pandemonium.Machiaveli
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Machiaveli 2010-06-02 15:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Guys I'm not defending RMTs but did any of ye actually got affected by them ? It's the exact situation when people scream *** the police while they never got into a conflict with law ... I was never bothered by RMT's except the annoying tells which I ignore as well .
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Titan.Bladex
By Titan.Bladex 2010-06-02 15:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Machiaveli said:
Guys I'm not defending RMTs but did any of ye actually got affected by them ? It's the exact situation when people scream *** the police while they never got into a conflict with law ... I was never bothered by RMT's except the annoying tells which I ignore as well .
It's affected me when I still play FFXI, I'm casual player so I don't have time to camp HNMs days and nights...I want some of the gears that I can only dream to get because ppls selling it for ridiculous price in bazaar or AH.
 Pandemonium.Machiaveli
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Machiaveli 2010-06-02 15:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Bladex said:
It's affected me when I still play FFXI, I'm casual player so I don't have time to camp HNMs days and nights...I want some of the gears that I can only dream to get because ppls selling it for ridiculous price in bazaar or AH.

What does HNM has to do with RMT now ?
 Odin.Mikumaru
Server: Odin
user: Mikumaru
By Odin.Mikumaru 2010-06-02 15:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Saithorx said:
If nobody bought gil in the first place, nobody would sell it. I blame the buyers soooo much more then the sellers.
i dont think you can say it any better than this . simple supply and demand .
 Shiva.Darkshade
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-06-02 15:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
Kujata.Akeda said:

Second one bugs me, I know plenty of legit players from China AND Korea, just because they live there doesn't automatically mean they are RMTs.
Then there should be Asia centric servers just for them and their respective language.
 Titan.Bladex
By Titan.Bladex 2010-06-02 15:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Bladex said:
What does HNM has to do with RMT now ?
Other ppls don't have patient for a piece of gear WILL go out and buy gils. LOL, at this point you will said i'm 1 of those gils buyers...I have nothing to say but I do know some ppls that complained to me they broke and few days later they got an items that worth for Millions gils and they don't even have HNM LS...LMAO. Oh, yeah...don't tell me that someone give it to you for free.
 Asura.Isiolia
Server: Asura
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2010-06-02 15:44:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Akeda said:

No. The way you get rid of RMT is by actually designing the game so that there's little to no reason to use their services. If there's demand, and thus, money to be made, they're not going to give up.

Think about it: nearly all of the actual problems with RMT in FFXI are related to problems with the inherent design of the game. Everyone has to find ways to make money anyway. The biggest problem with RMT has always been that they impede the play of "normal" players.

The catch there is that if RMT can get in people's way, then other legitimate players can as well. I think we can agree, a fairly large chunk of FFXI is designed in such a way that, if enough people are trying to do the same thing, there's a problem. Be it XP, farming, Dynamis, HNM, BCNM (or BCNM areas, such as Ops, Einherjar, etc).

Personally, what I care about is being able to log into the game and do what I want to do without worrying if another person/group has "taken" the content first. I'd rather SE spend effort doing that then fighting a never-ending battle against RMT.

IMO, account for enough player needs/wants this way, and you naturally skew things towards RMT simply not having a market and/or not being a problem.
 Leviathan.Dubont
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-02 15:47:41
Link | Quote | Reply

ppl QQ about RMT

ppl QQ about bots

ppl QQ about SE not giving a *** about us

what will happen if SE gave a ***and banned bots/RMT?

ppl would QQ about something else

Solution? Grow up.
[+]
 Titan.Bladex
By Titan.Bladex 2010-06-02 15:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dubont said:
ppl QQ about RMT
ppl QQ about bots
ppl QQ about SE not giving a *** about us what will happen if SE gave a ***and banned bots/RMT?
Solution? Grow up.
LMAO...Grow up? like ignore it...it's not a solution. Most ppls not complaining about RMTs they probly the one who buying gils.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-02 16:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Bladex said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
ppl QQ about RMT
ppl QQ about bots
ppl QQ about SE not giving a *** about us what will happen if SE gave a ***and banned bots/RMT?
Solution? Grow up.
LMAO...Grow up? like ignore it...it's not a solution. Most ppls not complaining about RMTs they probly the one who buying gils.
I don't complain about RMT b/c there is nothing you can do about it. RMT exist in EVERY game. Even single player games. RMT sell their game saves for tons of money. MMO's are just a RMT playground. If all you are going to do is QQ about them, don't play games. Go read a book or play your DS or something. RMT have been around as long as gaming online has existed...you can't stop it so why complain?
[+]
 Sylph.Darkei
Server: Sylph
user: Darkei
By Sylph.Darkei 2010-06-02 16:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

RTM? where? RTM now look XIV, also:

lol
[+]
 Titan.Bladex
By Titan.Bladex 2010-06-02 16:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Titan.Bladex said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
ppl QQ about RMT ppl QQ about bots ppl QQ about SE not giving a *** about us what will happen if SE gave a ***and banned bots/RMT? ppl would QQ about something else Solution? Grow up.
I don't complain about RMT b/c there is nothing you can do about it. RMT exist in EVERY game. Even single player games. RMT sell their game saves for tons of money. MMO's are just a RMT playground. If all you are going to do is QQ about them, don't play games. Go read a book or play your DS or something. RMT have been around as long as gaming online has existed...you can't stop it so why complain?
You right, I'm not playing FFXI anymore...I'm trolling FFXI forum because my other game is on schedule verion update...I'm glad that I quit LMAO.
RMTs in all MMO games but FFXI is f**king the most worse MMO with RMT activity.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-02 16:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

yay google chrome and not seeing stupid adds =D

but really, complaining about RMT/bots is like complaining about the end of the world. You can't stop it, so why ***?
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-02 16:07:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkshade said:
Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
Kujata.Akeda said:

Then there should be Asia centric servers just for them and their respective language.

One of SE's favorite things are the fact they have mixed servers and promote talking to other languages through auto translate. They won't Make servers based on area/language, expecially not just for one area.

Tbh, I play in EU times more or less, while I can still make NA times, I just don't like it as much. I'm in america so taking away my EU players would *** me. I wouldn't really cry about it, but that's one of the reasons they won't do things such as that.
 Titan.Agents
By Titan.Agents 2010-06-02 16:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dubont said:
yay google chrome and not seeing stupid adds =D but really, complaining about RMT/bots is like complaining about the end of the world. You can't stop it, so why ***?
Just something to do for passing time LOL
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-02 16:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Bladex said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Titan.Bladex said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
ppl QQ about RMT ppl QQ about bots ppl QQ about SE not giving a *** about us what will happen if SE gave a ***and banned bots/RMT? ppl would QQ about something else Solution? Grow up.
You right, I'm not playing FFXI anymore...I'm trolling FFXI forum because my other game is on schedule verion update...I'm glad that I quit LMAO.
RMTs in all MMO games but FFXI is f**king the most worse MMO with RMT activity.
I have to call *** on that. In PW, rmt will actually shout sell their ***IN GAME. FFXI, from what I have seen, has the least amount of RMT activity due to actually having to pay for accounts now. There are no more trial accounts without buying a new reg code.

Edit: Your grammar is also very poor ><
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-02 16:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Only real issue I ever had with RMT was like 2004 or 2005 idr, during xmas, where they made SH skyrocket to like 8M, and +1 to 20M. Was crazy ***.

Other than that though they would actually give me TH and ***when I caught devil manta and let me have my skin. If you didn't treat them like ***they were friendly and prolly more trustworthy than half the non-rmt players.

China has what 1.3 Billion ppl or some crazy ***? America only has like 700million and were having trouble with jobs, are you really gonna *** about them trying to make a little cash lol? It may be a game to you but it's their life. It's not like they are banking millions and living in mansions, they are crowded in rooms and poor just trying to survive.
 Asura.Elvaton
Server: Asura
user: Elvaton
By Asura.Elvaton 2010-06-02 16:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

tl;dr they will never go away cause idiots keep buying
 Sylph.Darkei
Server: Sylph
user: Darkei
By Sylph.Darkei 2010-06-02 16:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I remenber when a "lolmaat cap" ls member say "I hope with trial of magians low the price of gil" all say "wut? you buy gil?"

"yes why not? is only way to be a good player"

ls drama

and finally the ls leader say "honestly you are a bad player, never listen instructions, you no help and never go to events whitout reward, also burn 8 jobs....buy gil no make good players /breackpearl please, i'm sure you find a snoob ls"
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-02 17:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

While buying gil is ignorant sounds to me like ur ls leader is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and only said all that ***at the end because he buys gil. If he was really that terrible to begin with he should have been kicked BEFORE it even got to that point. Was right to kick him but it seems he did it for the wrong reason. You were happy to have a maats cap in ur ls apparently even though he was ***until you found out he bought gil.

Also, lolmaatscap.
[+]
First Page 2 3