Few Reasons Why RMTs Will Never Go Away!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » few reasons why RMTs will never go away!
few reasons why RMTs will never go away!
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2010-06-08 11:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Because they are allowed to advertise RMT on the FFXIAH website.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-08 11:12:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ex items will kill teh gilsellers.
make the gil go to junk and have everything be ex...o wait SE i see wut u did there.
By Archangelgab 2010-06-08 11:18:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Akeda said:
Here's how you get rid of RMT:
- Make an EULA that lets SE sue people who buy/sell money.
- Ban every IP coming from Korea and China.
- Strip characters who buy and sell in-game money of every single piece of gear and coin.

It's pretty harsh and not very practical, but the end result will be players who would be too afraid to buy from RMT.
Harsh, but a small MMO I played in the late 90s had a better idea to get rid of trouble players.
- GM summons them to a very public place, with lots of people around. Think Lower Jeuno or Whitegate.
- GM announces to the entire server what they did, and what's about to happen.
- GM "revokes their protection." This means they were suddenly dressed in a criminal outfit to identify them, and players could kill them. And they'd drop their items/money just like if a monster killed them (which means you could take their stuff.) Lost experience, too.

Players would go rabid and chase the revoked person around until they logged off, trying to kill them and steal their stuff. If they hid for too long, the GM would just drag them back out somewhere in a crowd. After all was said and done, they'd be banned from the game.

So, you bought gil and geared yourself to be top tier. Suddenly you appear in Whitegate, a GM says "hey everybody, let's step out into Wajoam!" He then makes you killable, and when you die, about 10% of your carried gear/gil ends up in the treasure pool. And if you lay there as a corpse? They force-raise you so the players can do it again.

And again.

And again.

Sure, your character is ruined, but it would have been if you were banned anyway. However, the entire community just turned on you like animals and tore you limb from limb to get your stuff. Do you really want to stick around after that?

Most awesome idea ive heard in a long time, kinda like camping non-rare O. Kotes way back then when u had 3125456 characters rdy to claim NM lol 2hr Perfect Dodge, ah ***not working, Flee, oh damn not working also-- BAM a hundred Burst II´s and u see rmt or buyer getting chainspell auto-raise 1.

Archangelgab obtains xxx,xxx,xxx gil from <Rmy/buyer name>.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-08 11:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

What if you just logged out? Don't think that'd be very realistic. RMT's would be like "log out, make new char"
 Bismarck.Nevill
Server: Bismarck
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2010-06-08 11:29:11
Link | Quote | Reply

A normal MMO is designed to hook you the same way a labrat learns that it can mash a button and get some cheese. Only problem in FFXI is, the farther you go, the harder the button is to mash. RMT just lubes the button up, making some of those un-attainable-by-normal-means items obtainable.

I just want to end this post by saying, although I personally have never bought gil becuase I am not taking money from my kids for a video game, I have no problem whatsoever with anyone else buying gil to make their personal game-play more enjoyable.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Server: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-06-08 11:37:06
Link | Quote | Reply

RMT have been around since before ffxi and will still be around after. It's not legal but as long as it can possibly make somebody some money, dishonest people will do it. :(