Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-01 18:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Before this gets screwed over, off the top of my head those affected by the oil spill screw ups =( messed up the fishing industry down there from what I hear among other things.

edit: Also to those killed on the Gaza boat raid and their familes.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-06-01 18:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Make this girl Mai Waifu please kthx ^_^
 Odin.Sinharvest
Server: Odin
By Odin.Sinharvest 2010-06-01 18:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I was brought up in heavy religion, and although I have made myself more open minded to certain things, I have always kept the act of daily prayer in my rotation, whether I'm talking to god or some other deity, it never hurts to devote 2 minutes of my day to it.... Thumbs up for you sir.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-06-01 18:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with both of the first two posts, and let's not devolve this thread into yet another argument about religion.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-06-01 18:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

You do realize that you will get the most selfish and irresponsible requests for prayer, right?

But then again, what is prayer but an appeasement to whatever deity for personal and selfish reasons. Prayer is abused and non-effective, its all just a cope out from real responsibility.

[+]
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2010-06-01 18:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
You do realize that you will get the most selfish and irresponsible requests for prayer, right? But then again, what is prayer but an appeasement to whatever deity for personal and selfish reasons. Prayer is abused and non-effective, its all just a cope out from real responsibility.
Example of
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
I agree with both of the first two posts, and let's not devolve this thread into yet another argument about religion.
This.
[+]
 Odin.Sinharvest
Server: Odin
By Odin.Sinharvest 2010-06-01 18:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
You do realize that you will get the most selfish and irresponsible requests for prayer, right?

But then again, what is prayer but an appeasement to whatever deity for personal and selfish reasons. Prayer is abused and non-effective, its all just a cope out from real responsibility.

While this may be the most stupid thing I've ever read, I've chosen to respond to it.

The act of prayer for me is probably 50% routine, but it gives me a reason to self reflect everyday. I dont pray to anyone or anything in paticular, but I dont use it to call some superman down to solve my problems.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-06-01 18:36:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Just shut the ***up Korpq we are all tired of you..

/Cheers OP.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-06-01 18:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sinharvest said:
While this may be the most stupid thing I've ever read, I've chosen to respond to it.

Let me guess, its stupid because you don't agree with it.
Quote:
The act of prayer for me is probably 50% routine, but it gives me a reason to self reflect everyday. I dont pray to anyone or anything in paticular, but I dont use it to call some superman down to solve my problems.

Can you say that for everyone? Or just yourself?

Plus, what about the other 50%? Since that can't be routine, it must be for personal reasons.
 Leviathan.Dubont
Server: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-01 18:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you pray that some wealthy people would quit and give me all their gear/gil?
 Asura.Israfel
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2010-06-01 18:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Um.. I'd like a prayer for all those people out there who are feeling helpless, having a really bad day and just need a little something to pick them up and set them back on track again.
I can't begin to imagine how all those folks affected by the oil spill are feeling right now, so my heart goes out to you. My heart goes out to the troops that serve day-to-day to protect the freedoms and rights we take for granted.
And my heart goes out to the little guy, as insignificant as you feel, you're still important in God's eyes, and you're never alone.

Have a great day guys, God bless!
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-06-01 18:42:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Dude Korpg, while I dont really believe in religion, you shouldn't be putting people down if they choose to believe in it. Them praying does not affect your live at all unless the force you to do so as well.

Praying for someone and generally wishing for good things to happen for them is in no way bad.

As for the OP, it is a nice thing you are doing.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-01 18:43:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't start craping in this thread. If you want to do that make a new one for it.
[+]
 Asura.Israfel
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2010-06-01 18:44:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Much respect to you Dobrusi~
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-06-01 18:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want, pray for me to find a job because the job market sucks pretty bad right now. lol
[+]
 Carbuncle.Xenobriatix
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Xenobriatix 2010-06-01 18:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

My ex-girlfriend broke 3 of my car windows,keyed 2 doors and slashed my tires. On top of that, I just got laid off from the job I'd had for 4 years and won't be able to fix my car for quite some time. I could really use knowing that someone out there generally cares for people. Times will be tough for a while and I'm doing my best to stay strong, but it's so damned hard >.>
[+]
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-06-01 18:49:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Xenobriatix said:
My ex-girlfriend broke 3 of my car windows,keyed 2 doors and slashed my tires. On top of that, I just got laid off from the job I'd had for 4 years and won't be able to fix my car for quite some time. I could really use knowing that someone out there generally cares for people. Times will be tough for a while and I'm doing my best to stay strong, but it's so damned hard >.>

That makes my problems seem so tiny. >.< I hope stuff gets better for you soon, your luck can't stay down forever.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-06-01 18:51:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Xenobriatix said:
Judge Judy her ***...make the hooker pay.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-06-01 18:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
Dude Korpg, while I dont really believe in religion, you shouldn't be putting people down if they choose to believe in it. Them praying does not affect your live at all unless the force you to do so as well.

Praying for someone and generally wishing for good things to happen for them is in no way bad.

I'm not putting anyone down, I'm just stating a fact.

Besides, while I'm glad I don't live in a society where prayer isn't forced down my throat at a young age, most of us are not so lucky. Even in America, religion is forcefully taught to children because their parents were forcefully taught the same religion, but thats another matter.

While wishing somebody wellness is good, it still doesn't do anything. Some people I know personally think that prayer is the answer to everyone's problems. As much as I disagree with it, I find that the OP is made from the same mold, and therefor needs to be shown that it can't always work out in that fashion (if you pray really hard, God still won't give you that pony you wanted for Christmas).
[+]
 Sylph.Spency
user: Spencyono
By Sylph.Spency 2010-06-01 18:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Good on you OP!

I'm not particularly religious either, but I think it's a very nice thought.

P.S. I hope it's genuine :P

Edit - /hug Korpg

[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-06-01 18:55:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
Dude Korpg, while I dont really believe in religion, you shouldn't be putting people down if they choose to believe in it. Them praying does not affect your live at all unless the force you to do so as well. Praying for someone and generally wishing for good things to happen for them is in no way bad. As for the OP, it is a nice thing you are doing.
I'm not putting anyone down, I'm just stating a fact. Besides, while I'm glad I don't live in a society where prayer isn't forced down my throat at a young age, most of us are not so lucky. Even in America, religion is forcefully taught to children because their parents were forcefully taught the same religion, but thats another matter. While wishing somebody wellness is good, it still doesn't do anything. Some people I know personally think that prayer is the answer to everyone's problems. As much as I disagree with it, I find that the OP is made from the same mold, and therefor needs to be shown that it can't always work out in that fashion (if you pray really hard, God still won't give you that pony you wanted for Christmas).
You're an *** man..99% of the time I can ignore you and your stupidity..but on this you really have to post? The OP was trying to do something Nice, not self serving in the least..just something nice/thoughtful for those that he/she shares a common bond with. I find you annoying..
[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-01 18:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
I'm not putting anyone down, I'm just stating a fact. Besides, while I'm glad I don't live in a society where prayer isn't forced down my throat at a young age, most of us are not so lucky. Even in America, religion is forcefully taught to children because their parents were forcefully taught the same religion, but thats another matter. While wishing somebody wellness is good, it still doesn't do anything. Some people I know personally think that prayer is the answer to everyone's problems. As much as I disagree with it, I find that the OP is made from the same mold, and therefor needs to be shown that it can't always work out in that fashion (if you pray really hard, God still won't give you that pony you wanted for Christmas).
Much as I hate to do this, seriously back out of this thread. Your doing nothing but making trouble here. The OPs intent is to do something good for the world, even if I don't believe in religon and actually hate it more than anything else in this world, I find that what he is doing to be worthwhile and respectable.

If you can't agree with this or have nothing good to say, the X button is at the top right, click it and get out.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dubont
Server: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-01 18:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

OP, pray for Korpg so that he can lose weight and stop feeding helpless deer his 9000 calorie cookies!
[+]
 Unicorn.Jewkitten
Server: Unicorn
user: Jewkitten
By Unicorn.Jewkitten 2010-06-01 18:57:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I need prayer that i can become a good provider and find a gentle soul to start a family with:/

For real ; ; lol
[+]
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-06-01 18:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
Sylph.Kimble said:

I'm not putting anyone down, I'm just stating a fact.

Besides, while I'm glad I don't live in a society where prayer isn't forced down my throat at a young age, most of us are not so lucky. Even in America, religion is forcefully taught to children because their parents were forcefully taught the same religion, but thats another matter.

While wishing somebody wellness is good, it still doesn't do anything. Some people I know personally think that prayer is the answer to everyone's problems. As much as I disagree with it, I find that the OP is made from the same mold, and therefor needs to be shown that it can't always work out in that fashion (if you pray really hard, God still won't give you that pony you wanted for Christmas).

Doesn't matter if it works or not, because people still need to believe, and have faith in something when everything else is against them. Of course, you seem to have already given up, and instead spend your time being the year round version of the Grinch.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-06-01 19:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Now, if you guys think that the OP is doing this for a good "noble" reason, think of this: Why would he announce it?

Noble people do good things without need of acknowledgement. What this thread constitutes is a need of self-satisfaction. He isn't doing this to be noble, he is doing it to make himself look good.

I mean, if you really want somebody to pray for you, there is a church for it. You don't need to come to a game forum looking for somebody to pray for you, so you can get that Hauby synth HQ'd or PCA to drop for you or whatever.
[+]
First Page 2