I vote for Korpg to be topic-banned.
[+]
 Asura.Israfel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2010-06-01 19:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Xenobriatix: Hot damn that sucks dude :( and I'm sorry that all I can do from here is offer some words of encouragement, I genuinely wish I could do more.

When things got bad for me and I got scared about what happens next, I'd just give it all to god and say "I know you have a plan for me, so anytime you're ready, just let me know what it is, or point me where I should be headed" and it'd work out alright in the end. Things are going to get rough through life (Think on the story of Job^^) -- I'm not saying things are gonna get catastrophically bad, but we all have 'tests', whether or not you (or anyone else reading this) believes that is ok^^
But it's how we handle these tests is what's important: The moment you start thinking you're all alone in this is when it's bad. Just keep on praying and fighting the good fight and I promise you, you'll be ok.

@Korpg: I've seen prayer work a lot in my life, so I can't cast if off so easy.
I was raised as roman catholic and haaaated it, really disliked what I saw the church as and for many many years I honestly thought I was getting myself through life, on my own.
I kept having tests thrown my way until eventually I couldn't go on, I was really at rock bottom. And then I finally gave up and prayed, and asked for help and I swear from that time on, things got better. Believe it or not, that's how it happened for me and I'm so thankful that it did.
It also worked out well for my Dad too, and countless other people that come into my store and chat about life.
You are welcome to believe what you want, but you can't argue that something is stone cold fact when you yourself do not know^^;, heck none of us do for sure.
Please respect this thread and not make more arguments in it on how 'you're so right' and we're just wrong and silly for believing what we do. We all have our beliefs, let's just keep them that way.
[+]
 Unicorn.Jewkitten
Server: Unicorn
user: Jewkitten
By Unicorn.Jewkitten 2010-06-01 19:04:11
Link | Quote | Reply

/slap korpg

people are people

we are human beings with spiritual, emotional, physical, mental lives even when we are playing a game

i am glad OP came along and threw out his willingness to pray to the ppl on FFXIAH forums

take it or leave it

but i will not argue the motives of someone offering spiritual nourishment

i will simply say thank you

and continue with my day a little brighter:)
[+]
 Carbuncle.Xenobriatix
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Xenobriatix 2010-06-01 19:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
I mean, if you really want somebody to pray for you, there is a church for it. You don't need to come to a game forum looking for somebody to pray for you, so you can get that Hauby synth HQ'd or PCA to drop for you or whatever.

And you can go out in the street and make yourself look like an *** instead of doing it here where nobody gives a *** about what you say.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-06-01 19:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I should have known that Korpg would be the one to swoop in and ***all over the thread to feel smugly superior about himself.

I'm an atheist. I don't believe in prayer either. But what the hell was the point of that?

Closing this thread before it devolves even more.
[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
Server: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-01 19:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
Now, if you guys think that the OP is doing this for a good "noble" reason, think of this: Why would he announce it? Noble people do good things without need of acknowledgement. What this thread constitutes is a need of self-satisfaction. He isn't doing this to be noble, he is doing it to make himself look good. I mean, if you really want somebody to pray for you, there is a church for it. You don't need to come to a game forum looking for somebody to pray for you, so you can get that Hauby synth HQ'd or PCA to drop for you or whatever.
Ya know, you can be a real *** sometimes. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't. So far 3/4ths of us think it was nice of him to do. Your logic is flawed, throw it out and look at things in a different light.
[+]
 Sylph.Spency
Server: Sylph
user: Spencyono
By Sylph.Spency 2010-06-01 19:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to dust off my ole praying knees and pray that someday, someone, or something can make you happy, and stop you being such an insufferable, miserable, poor excuse for a human being.
[+]