Who Plays For FFXI For Fun Anyway?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Who plays for FFXI for fun anyway?
Who plays for FFXI for fun anyway?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Asura.Daleterrence
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-05-30 18:27:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ericka said:
Asura.Daleterrence said:
Ultimately, if we like it or not, this game changes people. I have seen nice people (including myself) turned into absolute *** by this game. Myself personally, when I started playing this game 5 years ago, I was a very happy person, nice to everyone I came across, even if they were cruel to me. (See my picture in the real life pictures thread, you'll get the idea why) I was honestly tormented, but I stuck with it, and I was fine overall.

I started playing this.. and slowly, but surely, most of my hope in people was stripped away, layer by layer. I became mean, and cruel to nearly everybody I didn't know, mostly because my expectations were lowered by idiots and *** to the point where I just stopped caring about being nice to people. Occasionally, that nice person in me will come back, but it is most certainly not in game on the majority.

To be frank, and honest, this game effectively killed me. I am a different person now, I don't like it one bit. As such, thanks people of FFXI, for being absolute ***. Now go on, prove my point, I know this will get trolled to all hell and back, rated down, etc etc.

However, for the sake of ending on a good note, I have met very very few people who couldn't be nicer, and honestly care about others. Sadly, most of these people have long quit, or are classed as "gimps" because they put others above themselves in the long run, and haven't thought about themselves and nobody else. To these people, where ever you are, thank you for not doing the above, and helping me hang onto that shred of hope I have in people, and also for giving me a reason for playing all these years. Deny it or admit it, this game is about the people, and that is what makes the game fun. Playing alone, even if the game was changed to be a solo game for whatever reason would be no fun.

/rantoff

I think most if it has to do with Asura Dale. All the so called Elitist, Shout for their gear. once they have it, Theyre better then you. Asura is really trash. Very few awesome ppl on this server. and the biggest *** ive ever met in my game life.

I've been to so many worlds... I've been to at least 10, and spent a minimum of 3 months on each of them.. Honestly searching for a group of truly nice people. I've found nothing but *** for the most part. However, I wouldn't leave Asura now, even if I hate 98% of the people on the server, it is my home.
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Asura.Ericka said:
Very few awesome ppl on this server.

/breakdances

Geddout Bart! =P
 Asura.Shinagami
Server: Asura
user: Shinagami
By Asura.Shinagami 2010-05-30 18:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ericka said:
Asura.Daleterrence said:
Ultimately, if we like it or not, this game changes people. I have seen nice people (including myself) turned into absolute *** by this game. Myself personally, when I started playing this game 5 years ago, I was a very happy person, nice to everyone I came across, even if they were cruel to me. (See my picture in the real life pictures thread, you'll get the idea why) I was honestly tormented, but I stuck with it, and I was fine overall.

I started playing this.. and slowly, but surely, most of my hope in people was stripped away, layer by layer. I became mean, and cruel to nearly everybody I didn't know, mostly because my expectations were lowered by idiots and *** to the point where I just stopped caring about being nice to people. Occasionally, that nice person in me will come back, but it is most certainly not in game on the majority.

To be frank, and honest, this game effectively killed me. I am a different person now, I don't like it one bit. As such, thanks people of FFXI, for being absolute ***. Now go on, prove my point, I know this will get trolled to all hell and back, rated down, etc etc.

However, for the sake of ending on a good note, I have met very very few people who couldn't be nicer, and honestly care about others. Sadly, most of these people have long quit, or are classed as "gimps" because they put others above themselves in the long run, and haven't thought about themselves and nobody else. To these people, where ever you are, thank you for not doing the above, and helping me hang onto that shred of hope I have in people, and also for giving me a reason for playing all these years. Deny it or admit it, this game is about the people, and that is what makes the game fun. Playing alone, even if the game was changed to be a solo game for whatever reason would be no fun.

/rantoff

I think most if it has to do with Asura Dale. All the so called Elitist, Shout for their gear. once they have it, Theyre better then you. Asura is really trash. Very few awesome ppl on this server. and the biggest *** ive ever met in my game life.

:( I like to think I'm nice, however, I do poke fun at people in shouts to entertain myself :/ lolcatfight
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-30 19:27:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to sound incredibly fake when I say this, but the game hasn't really changed me at all. I never have been tolerant of letting other people down by my own laziness/not researching/etc which is why I've always made sure my gear is at the very least decent.

I still help random people and solo a lot of stuff for friends - the only thing I DON'T do any more is help randoms shouting for coffer hunts (unless I happen to be going to the same area - I helped with that kind of thing for about a year and have had more than enough)!

I dunno. I'll be hostile to you if you're hostile to me, but I generally try to be nice.
[+]
 Leviathan.Tamian
Server: Leviathan
user: Jumatelo
By Leviathan.Tamian 2010-05-30 19:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I do, I play for fun and in order to do that I only do stuff and level jobs that I like and not because they are needed for some event. I don't have time to do endgame or to commit to 2-4 hours non-stop of nyzul climbing, dynamis, sky, etc... I don't have the time to wait in line for months to get a piece of gear.

Something I did when I started playing this game was to level most of the jobs to a mid level so I could had a taste of it. That helped me decide which ones I am going to level to 75-99.

So what do I do? I party when I feel like it, I do a lot of campaign battle which is my favorite part of the game, help friends every now and then on random missions, getting AFs, and some farming and/or crafting.

In the end, I could care less about some ***hole checking me and making fun of my gear... it is about what I can get and what I do.

Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-30 19:45:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Could always save up for gear and buy from an LS with gil from random stuff you do. Don't always have to do the event and wait in line.
 Leviathan.Tamian
Server: Leviathan
user: Jumatelo
By Leviathan.Tamian 2010-05-30 19:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Could always save up for gear and buy from an LS with gil from random stuff you do. Don't always have to do the event and wait in line.

That's another option... again it is about what MY priorities are in this game and what makes MY MONEY worth.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-30 19:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I merely suggested it as a way of obtaining the gear you can't get from going to events.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-30 19:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
I do that a bit. My Novio earring is 100% funded from a little over a month of fishing. I've yet to even see a sea god ig lol
 Caitsith.Surreal
Server: Caitsith
user: Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2010-05-30 20:05:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I've bought pretty much every HQ item I own off of the AH with funds from Khroma Ore, I usually take time off to mine for 1-2 weeks straight, Only putting in about 4 hours time each day, Sometimes 6 hours if I'm feeling frisky >:) I've made probably about 10M in just those weeks worth of time that I spent not leveling and was able to greatly improve my gear..Although I'm one of those types of people that is never satisfied with my gear and always strive to be the best, I'm kind of OCD about it..Which means I'm spending gil alot >.< lol..

Edit: I went way off topic lol, I still have fun playing FFXI ^^ I treat this game like every other Final Fantasy game I have played, huge exp grinder xD
[+]
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-05-31 00:42:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Daleterrence said:

/rantoff

Don't worry Deter... I'm with ya.. This game too has turned me into a COPS too ( Cronic onset of Peckerhead Syndrome)

LOL

Cerberus.Shanyn
Server: Cerberus
user: Eleri
By Cerberus.Shanyn 2010-05-31 01:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Daleterrence said:

/rantoff
I'm utterly astounded. I could've written this myself. It's amazing what losing faith in humanity can do to a person. I really hate some of the things that have changed about me over the years. :x
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
Server: Sylph
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-05-31 03:15:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I do have fun playing FFXI – I ‘m just not really keen on endgame anymore. After working 9-10 hrs / day and coming home at ~7p.m. I’m not really in the mood to concentrate on events like Dyna, Salvage etc. I do try to make a few events at least tho.

What I enjoy most is duoing stuff w/ friends, Missions or stuff like ISNM / BCNM / KSNM.
[+]
 Cerberus.Darksephiroth
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Darksephiroth 2010-06-02 04:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I am enjoying playin FFXI, without that i wouldn't play it lol. Mostly for fun bein with friends.
[+]
 Ifrit.Keeria
Server: Ifrit
user: Keeria
By Ifrit.Keeria 2010-06-02 04:35:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I play FFXI for fun. I do endgame on and off as a hobby, but I don't understand why people go to all the drama over virtual items. I can see what the OP meant in the initial post, as I've often wondered if I was the only person left just enjoying myself, not out to get better gear so that I could show it off and make fun of anyone who doesn't have the time/resources I have to devote to it. It's all quite silly. =)
[+]
 Bahamut.Aiyana
Server: Bahamut
user: Aiyanna
By Bahamut.Aiyana 2010-06-02 05:44:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually do not play FFXI for fun. I don't believe that I have for quite some time now. And I am not being sarcastic.

I play FFXI because it gives me something to keep my mind engaged for too many hours on end, to drown out reality.

I consider myself to be an elitist. I don't have the best gear, but I do my homework and try my best to use what I have properly. It really bothers me when players with more expensive gear poke fun at my things. It bothers me more when I can outplay circles around those players on any job we mutually have.

As a side note. I have yet to see a Maat's Cap on a player who doesn't have some other.. odd gear choices.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7