Who Plays For FFXI For Fun Anyway?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Who plays for FFXI for fun anyway?
Who plays for FFXI for fun anyway?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Fenrir.Dannie
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Dannie
By Fenrir.Dannie 2010-05-30 09:40:03
Link | Quote | Reply

i dont need gil. and i haven enough each week to do limbus. when i need bloodly bolts i simply open coffers like i keep telling u i play for fun and just the lil stuff makes me happy, shyt i even turn down pts cause i rather solo.
[+]
 Diabolos.Torazalinto
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Torazalinto 2010-05-30 09:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

It has been said over and over that the majority of players do not say you can not exp/join their shell/exist without a certain piece of gear. I have not been denied a main tank position since I don't have Bahamut's mask. My PLD doesn't have Koenig head either, yet I get to turtle right up for Dynamis. I have recited this guideline to others on a regular basis.

"I don't care if you're geared well; I just care that you're geared right." ~Me

You don't even need a good WS set on hand for a DD. If your TP set is decent it will work for WS's too. Sure it wont be the best damaging WS but if carrying/switching gear is a big deal then just get a TP set together. Accuracy and haste! It's out there. And you don't have to sell your soul to get it. No one asks you to have HQ gear, R/E end game, or AF+1 to play with them. Do we expect you to have homam gear to merit with us? No. But some dusk wouldn't hurt.

No one but the MOST exceptional shells where you wouldn't fit in mostly because those shells sell the majority of the gear they want you to already own. Which is how they fund relics and other doodads. And the stuff they do your character simply wouldn't be able to keep up. You'd be a hindrance at best.

These groups and everyone else are still playing to have fun. We all have fun in different ways. But some of those ways are shared. EXP partying is a way people have fun. But playing deliberately worse than you're capable of is not having more fun. TP'ing in STR rings...those STR rings cost more than the accuracy rings!
 Asura.Shinagami
Server: Asura
user: Shinagami
By Asura.Shinagami 2010-05-30 09:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if anyone that I've given advice to comes to this site :/ I want to feel that I'm not one of those people that spaz out ALL the time when i see something's wrong :/...I was in a meripo with some jp war who had full af and I think bastokan subligar...I nicknamed her "Pantsu" :D I didn't rage QQ and leave >.> we just chilled in the meripo till it was over~ I give advice when asked, sometimes when it's not asked...but hell. Freedom of Speech and Free Will...I can say what I think, and you can choose to agree or disagree :/~
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-30 09:41:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Well in fairness your SAM gear is kind of... bad. You undoubtedly earned those Haidate however.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-30 09:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Poidh on THF soloing Sky NMs that aren't Despot or Genbu.

Which KSNMs and ZNMs can THF solo? Surely you'd have more fun playing if you weren't broke? <_<
Not sure about thf but I have seen rngs kite solo several sky nms and some zmns. Thf should be able to do it too albeit quite a bit slower.
 Valefor.Sketchkat
Server: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2010-05-30 09:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Like I said before, playing this game hardcore is like running a business: time consuming and stressful. The biggest difference being when you succeed in business your real life gets better, when you succeed at FFXI your life gets worse.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-30 09:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I can see it maybe working against the Ollas over a long period of time. Googling THF solo Sky, THF solo ZNM or THF solo KSNM doesn't return any results though.
[+]
 Fenrir.Dannie
By Fenrir.Dannie 2010-05-30 09:45:04
Link | Quote | Reply

then again Raenryong Ur just looking at my drk that's not even 75 and making a judgement and telling me how it should be. well guess what Ur not paying my account, Ur not on my server, you don't know what i do, so what make u worthy of telling me stuff.?
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-30 09:46:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Just offering you constructive advice. I could've just said OMG U SUCK (which would be unfair because although I don't think your DRK is wonderful, I wouldn't say it's awful either).
[+]
 Fenrir.Dannie
By Fenrir.Dannie 2010-05-30 09:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not try to start a war on some ones forums " I'm done if you wanna keep this convo up by all means carry on ". this is just going in circles
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-30 09:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

If you notice, I only pointed out how you could more efficiently use your money (since you said that was one of your main concerns). Selling Victory Ring and Amemet HQ and buying acc ring and Amemet NQ + Spike Earring 2x would do a lot more for you (and acc ring is probably better on WS at that level anyway tbh). The only items I mentioned which would require money not freed up by that process are Headlong/Bomb Core.

That's not to say they're not the full extents of the upgrades you could make, but I thought I was being helpful :(
[+]
 Asura.Shinagami
By Asura.Shinagami 2010-05-30 09:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Well in fairness your SAM gear is kind of... bad. You undoubtedly earned those Haidate however.
?
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-30 10:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to you :p I meant a guy a few posts back from that but the thread was moving too quickly.
 Asura.Shinagami
By Asura.Shinagami 2010-05-30 10:01:09
Link | Quote | Reply

kay ;D <3
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-30 10:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Could also sell the Demonslicer for a Darksteel or save up for Moli, would increase your damage by a lot.
[+]
 Caitsith.Alriath
Server: Caitsith
user: Alriath
By Caitsith.Alriath 2010-05-30 10:03:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shinagami said:
kay ;D <3

Finish those merits and make a 6hit on that note :P.

And I doubt you'd see rngs or thfs kite solo'ing SC, Faust, Zip, or BB. Possibly olla/Ulli I guess.
 Fenrir.Dannie
By Fenrir.Dannie 2010-05-30 10:04:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I never had any concerns for my drk I simply stated I'm only playing drk for the fail box achievement
[+]
 Fenrir.Dannie
By Fenrir.Dannie 2010-05-30 10:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

i have the Lv.70 scythe/ring combo already thank tho. demonslicer is only cause I'm mostly in level sync pts (55-65) and atm 10k from 70 so pointless to get other scythe u mentioned
[+]
 Fenrir.Dannie
By Fenrir.Dannie 2010-05-30 10:10:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Could also sell the Demonslicer for a Darksteel or save up for Moli, would increase your damage by a lot.

this is how u should suggest stuff, NOT "you need to do this and spend less time doing that"

sry for 3 post back to back
[+]
 Asura.Shinagami
By Asura.Shinagami 2010-05-30 10:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Alriath said:
Asura.Shinagami said:
kay ;D <3

Finish those merits and make a 6hit on that note :P.

And I doubt you'd see rngs or thfs kite solo'ing SC, Faust, Zip, or BB. Possibly olla/Ulli I guess.

b=but i have too many merits i need ; ;...plus meripo makes me sleepy...my current objective is capping my 75s exp D: 6 down 4 to go :D...and to be honest >_> i dropped like 3m-ish on sam just cuz i was bored :x~ im sure i'll end up selling hagun before next month ends, the hauby+1 im not sure tho...nin ws piece :>
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-30 10:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yah, I most definitely didn't say
Quote:
Your DRK isn't wearing any earrings <_< you could sell Amemet +1 and buy Headlong Belt + a Spike Earring or something and sell Victory Ring and buy a 5acc ring + second Earring.

the other suggestions were made because I know a lot of people who just get a 75, turn around and go for another one without consolidating or learning to properly play their 75. Before you know it, you cannot make money and all of your jobs need major improvements.

FFXI becomes dramatically easier if you make yourself improve as you go on.
 Caitsith.Alriath
By Caitsith.Alriath 2010-05-30 10:19:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Hauby+1 is a great piece for all jobs that can wear it, Hagun is whatever(polearm in more situations nowadays, and other sidegrade GK's)but I'd get those merits out of the way!

Personally I love meritpo's and even now with capped merits I still find myself doing them lol, Imperial Standing and a place for me to run numbers/try sets/have fun.
 Fenrir.Dannie
By Fenrir.Dannie 2010-05-30 10:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

like i said drk is only going to 75 for xbox achevmrment only, i have no plans on meriting it nor using it in a ls event when my other jobs are more usefull. im not trying to be pig headded but most of my WAR and DRG gear can be used for DRK past Lv.70 so buying and selling is pointless for me. by the looks of it ur a full time drk. i read ur gear sets and what not and i have most of that stuff already other then ace and "Omega" gear.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-05-30 10:36:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Fenrir.Dannie said:
i use 1 set if ur lucky i might switch out gear. because ones agaim im paying for my account not you, i dont have the funds to but 4-5 different gear sets, nor do i have many friends, im sure there other people like this, so think befor you ragg on others.

This is something you should actively improve! With 10 75s, there is no excuse for not being able to make decent money (it really doesn't cost much to have at the very bare minimum a TP and WS set for a DD job). Especially since RDM is one of them!

Your DRK isn't wearing any earrings <_< you could sell Amemet 1 and buy Headlong Belt a Spike Earring or something and sell Victory Ring and buy a 5acc ring second Earring. Desperately need a Bomb Core too. Honestly though, with 10 75s... 300k or less should just be a drop in the bucket.

If not, you need to take some time off leveling and improve the jobs you have. Expanding your social network is also a good idea.

YOU ELITIST IT'S HIS 12.95
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-05-30 10:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Can THF solo sky/sea/znm/vnm/bcnm/ksnm/isnm/random mercenary things? :x

RDM can make 500k/hr in Sky with little competition and that's not even the best money spot.

wait, how?

are you even willing to say

i am seriously about to pull a brb leveling rdm

can i level rdm without going broke? O.o
 Caitsith.Alriath
By Caitsith.Alriath 2010-05-30 10:43:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Can THF solo sky/sea/znm/vnm/bcnm/ksnm/isnm/random mercenary things? :x

RDM can make 500k/hr in Sky with little competition and that's not even the best money spot.

wait, how?

are you even willing to say

i am seriously about to pull a brb leveling rdm

can i level rdm without going broke? O.o

It used to be that good, but sky's market is pretty garbage now. Selling gems I used to bank 1-2m a day with a friend.

SC -> Zip -> Faust -> Despot(MG if it was up) -> BB if we felt like it and by then SC would be up again.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-30 10:45:19
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can't afford things fair enough, but there is no excuse for being a gimp when you're simply wearing the wrong gear.

No str+ ring other than the Rajas is the first thing I'd say. (for TP)
[+]
 Fenrir.Dannie
By Fenrir.Dannie 2010-05-30 10:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

lol wow i didnt read the rest of that post.

i had a bomb core tryed it w/ my war didnt see any difference. sold it. headlong bet i farmed 6 of them sold all them too i have acc rings, victory ring was a gift and i dont tp in it i wear it as a town gear, Amemet+1 peice is augmented, it does so have a earring on lol.
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2010-05-30 10:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:

yeah i know my gear is garbage and so far it did me well so i cant complain till i get the Gill to replace things and yes Sam AF is *** garbage
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-30 10:48:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Moldavite isn't so hot either tbh, but w/e.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7