Forum » FFXI » General » Getting replacement for a crappy PT
Getting replacement for a crappy PT
First Page 2
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-05-28 19:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you think it's wrong to find a replacement for yourself for a pt, knowing the PT is crap and the replacement is most likely wasting their time? If you're in that situation what do you really do? Just tell leader to find your replacement?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
Server: Lakshmi
user: glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2010-05-28 19:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's what you do in that situation! Talk alot in the party, then start a casting action like magic or whatever, then force D/C for an hour! and come back and be like... stupid Shaw
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-28 19:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Grab a BST or something, tell them to go /anon and leave the PT.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By semimmortal 2010-05-28 19:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I never rep myself in a crappy pt. I don't want someone else to be in the same situation.
Usually I'd give the pt 30~50 min of pt. No improvements, I'll just say that I have to leave after 10min.
Leader will either rep or disband altogether depending on who leaves (usually when I pull that move, the whole pt disbands).
[+]
 Leviathan.Scorch
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Scorch 2010-05-28 19:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I do the same thing, as long as your not getting a crappy replacement on purpose for the party, or doing it to be rude the replacement, then your fine.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-05-28 19:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Do you think it's wrong to find a replacement for yourself for a pt, knowing the PT is crap and the replacement is most likely wasting their time? If you're in that situation what do you really do? Just tell leader to find your replacement?

i think the best thing to do is to be straightforward and let the party know that you don't want to subject someone else to this party(only if he's insistent on you repping yourself, avoid mentioning it if possible of course)

then again i'm probably not the most popular guy on my server
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-05-28 19:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:

do a /blist

then find someone on it seeking for your range
take em off long enough to get them to come out as a rep
re add
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Lilbuttons
Server: Asura
user: Rathz
By Asura.Lilbuttons 2010-05-28 19:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting someone to come out without them being able to *** to you, I guess
 Phoenix.Airbag
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-05-28 20:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Glaciont said:
Here's what you do in that situation! Talk alot in the party, then start a casting action like magic or whatever, then force D/C for an hour! and come back and be like... stupid Shaw

exactly what I do
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-05-28 20:06:37
Link | Quote | Reply

He means to pull someone already on your Blist (as in they were some kinda asshat and that's how they wound up there to begin with) then take them off, so you can talk to them and they can respond, ask them to pt, then put them back on..

The benefit? Simple.. Revenge..

Unfortunately, I'm an easy going person, the only people who have wound up on my Blist are all those *** that send you the gil selling tells.

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Itazura
Server: Ifrit
user: Itazura
By Ifrit.Itazura 2010-05-28 23:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be honest.

"This party really isn't working out for me, and it doesn't feel right asking another person to a poor party. Going to disband in 10 min. Sorry."
 Leviathan.Dubont
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-28 23:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I would "d/c" >.>
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-28 23:46:13
Link | Quote | Reply

d/c'ing is for pussies! Just /pcmd leave like a man
[+]
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-28 23:50:40
Link | Quote | Reply

but with d/c I won't have to put up with tells about how much of a noob I am for leaving a "great" party..>.>
 Alexander.Odaka
Server: Alexander
user: Odaka
By Alexander.Odaka 2010-05-29 00:04:56
Link | Quote | Reply

/away?
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-29 00:10:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Odaka said:
/away?
but then how am I supposed to get another invite if I'm /away all the time? lol
 Leviathan.Aneu
user: Luz
By Leviathan.Aneu 2010-05-29 00:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I almost never find myself repping myself because most good parties I stay in til the end, if I'm leaving it's usually cause it's a bad party and yeah... I'd feel like a jerk asking someone to rep me for a bad party.
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-05-29 00:31:16
Link | Quote | Reply

If I'm a DD i invite a BST or PUP, if I'm a mage i try to invite a SMN.

Any of those jobs are usually begging for any kind of exp even slow exp.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-29 00:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN have it easy now. I only invite smns if we are doing amazing and have 1 spot to fill that really isn't needed...as far as bst or pup...pup is good in ptys, bst is amazing in ptys if the bst isn't a *** nut (and charm leeches at lv 20..........)
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-05-29 00:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dubont said:
SMN have it easy now. I only invite smns if we are doing amazing and have 1 spot to fill that really isn't needed...as far as bst or pup...pup is good in ptys, bst is amazing in ptys if the bst isn't a *** nut (and charm leeches at lv 20..........)
It's true but people still don't invite them enough IMO. Usually fat kid in gym class getting picked last.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-29 00:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
It's true but people still don't invite them enough IMO. Usually fat kid in gym class getting picked last.
I actually leveled pup from 12-60 faster than drk 50-60....>.>
 Shiva.Weewoo
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-05-29 00:37:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I enjoy getting EXP in multiple fashions:

FoV, campaign, besieged, traditional exp parties, ENM, etc.
So I try and keep my horizons broadened as to not to be stuck in a drab routine of exp parties leaving me jaded.

However, should anything not work out for you, you by no means are obligated to stick through it; at least not with total strangers. Best thing to do IMO is simply be honest and explain that you rather not stick around for what is leaving you unhappy or otherwise unsatisfied. However, by no means should this be an excuse or justification to being rude or otherwise leaving others high and dry. Try and leave on good terms if possible.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-05-29 00:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
That's a leviathan then thing because that ***won't happen on siren lol. EVER. Personally DRK went super fast for me.
 Leviathan.Aneu
user: Luz
By Leviathan.Aneu 2010-05-29 01:03:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
That's a leviathan then thing because that ***won't happen on siren lol. EVER. Personally DRK went super fast for me.

Leviathan is awesome like that :D Since I started doing NIN the only party with a mage that could keep haste up the whole time is one with a friend in it. Kuftal party a couple nights ago had the most amazing 68BRD. BRD/WHM, standing in place for hours, couldn't keep front line songs up even half the time, didn't go back and ballad mages at all. Asked RDMs to help me stick Blind cause Kurayami recast sucks and they typically cast it once or twice and stop. It's not like they're doing much as they can't even manage haste... what's one Blind cast per mob to help me stick it :/ I'm so fed up with exping I'm starting to burn NIN ><
 Unicorn.Jewkitten
Server: Unicorn
user: Jewkitten
By Unicorn.Jewkitten 2010-05-29 01:27:58
Link | Quote | Reply

IDK for every total ***pt i've had, i have also had an equal amount that started rough and just needed to "Warm up" and became pretty much top notch:D

I remember one DRK who was disgusted with pt and left, then suddenly we where running smooth, fast and stress free:D
 Phoenix.Yankele
Server: Phoenix
user: Yankele
By Phoenix.Yankele 2010-06-01 14:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I usually stay on party for a time checking if it will improve, but if it dosent, i just say, sorry something came up, i g2g to the leader to make him look a rep and give him 10-15 minutes and then leave. I think thats the most diplomatic solution toa lolparty of sorts.
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
Server: Fenrir
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-06-01 14:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

i make the party better 0.o
First Page 2