Getting replacement for a crappy PT
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-06-01 14:44:55
Link | Quote | Reply

semimmortal said:
Well, I never rep myself in a crappy pt. I don't want someone else to be in the same situation.
Usually I'd give the pt 30~50 min of pt. No improvements, I'll just say that I have to leave after 10min.
Leader will either rep or disband altogether depending on who leaves (usually when I pull that move, the whole pt disbands).

^this

I have gotten a rep a few times though, but I've explained to them that the party isnt very good. Some accepted it anyway because they had been lfp for hours.
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Server: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-06-02 04:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I usually just tell them I've gotta leave, most of the time if it's truely terrible the party sort of falls apart once I leave anyways. A good party, I'll stick with it till the end unless something comes up that I have to leave, but in that case I'll do my best to find a good rep.
 Asura.Rinkydink
Server: Asura
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-06-02 04:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

i use the classic "LS stuff cropped up" .... give it ten minutes if they havent found a rep jsut pull {last boss} then flit.

was in meripo last night where exactly that happened.. less than 20k in 90 minutes... 1 brd, 1 rdm and an outside pt rdm..

it blew. BIG time

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
Server: Sylph
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-06-02 04:54:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I usually make my own parties, just sometimes I’m lazy and wanna watch TV and not spam /sea all PLD inv or /sea all COR inv so I seek.

If the party is shitty, I try to find out why. e.g. it’s a perfect setup but still doesnt work out I try to find out who is playing shitty and why (can give advice etc). If party is still crappy after that, I’ll say something came up irl and I have do disband in ~15 min. If it’s a dunes party or so I’d just get a player in same area w/o SJ, those ppl are usually happy about any kind of exp. If its a 55+ party and not Eastronfaure S then I wont get a rep otw – leader can do or just disband.
 Phoenix.Miraun
Server: Phoenix
user: Miraun
By Phoenix.Miraun 2010-06-02 04:56:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on the job... I tell parties upfront that if we don't push 25k/hr, I leave if I'm on my DRG.

If I'm leveling a sub, any XP is typically fine.
 Phoenix.Darki
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-02 05:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

why pull the d/c factor... your only wasting your play time, just bail on crappy pts, who gives a ***? nowdays i see so many people just say last boss and gtfo I dont really care anymore, if bad pt i say not working for me leaving in 10. and just leave. no need to be too rude or find a rep for myself.

if other ppl dont like that actitude too bad :/ should have better performance then so other players wanna game with them more.
 Ragnarok.Vitaru
Server: Ragnarok
user: Vite
By Ragnarok.Vitaru 2010-06-02 05:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Best way is if you are /whm or whm, melee with everyone when they spam WSs start teleport hola and then fake dc works great but you might want to log back after couple of days for all the hate to go away :).

j/k j/k I'd just say {time remaining} 15 mins. and leave after.
By 3216694 2010-06-02 05:10:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
d/c'ing is for pussies! Just /pcmd leave like a man
Takes 1 to know 1
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-02 05:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Vitaru said:
Best way is if you are /whm or whm, melee with everyone when they spam WSs start teleport hola and then fake dc works great but you might want to log back after couple of days for all the hate to go away :).

j/k j/k I'd just say {time remaining} 15 mins. and leave after.

i dont even give them 10..lol i just leave at 5 minutes of saying im leaving, ive waited so many times for slow *** reps to get to camp idc anymore. when i want to leave i warn beforehand and give it 5 minutes or so, i hate feeling stuck in a pt.
 Phoenix.Miraun
By Phoenix.Miraun 2010-06-02 05:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
i dont even give them 10..lol i just leave at 5 minutes of saying im leaving, ive waited so many times for slow *** reps to get to camp idc anymore. when i want to leave i warn beforehand and give it 5 minutes or so, i hate feeling stuck in a pt.

This isn't WOW... there's not an infinite number of people on the FFXI servers... in fact, it's quite a small population. Leaving a crappy party is fine, but being stand-offish and douchey about it is uncalled for. It's also much more likely that douchey behavior will come back to bite you in the *** later on when you're trying to do something that doesn't require much/any skill, such as WoTG missions or Magian trials.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-02 05:33:49
Link | Quote | Reply

go,
Phoenix.Miraun said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

This isn't WOW... there's not an infinite number of people on the FFXI servers... in fact, it's quite a small population. Leaving a crappy party is fine, but being stand-offish and douchey about it is uncalled for. It's also much more likely that douchey behavior will come back to bite you in the *** later on when you're trying to do something that doesn't require much/any skill, such as WoTG missions or Magian trials.

so, I'm being a douche bag because I want to leave a party and i warn and give them a couple minutes to find a replacement? not 15 minutes, 15 minutes is actually a lot. 5-10 minutes is fine, weather the pt sucks of not.

I've had so much douche bagery done to me, that I think I am still polite on parties by warning before hand I'mm leaving and giving them 5-10 minutes, wtf is the point of waiting 15-20? thats a lot.

if people take that as douche baggery, they need to check it, and if it bites me on the *** just leaving in 5-10 minutes after saying I am, so what? wasnt worth playing with them in the first place :/ jesus.

edit: Besides if I have to go, I have to go- some people take more time to find replacements, it's a game jesus christ, not everyone can sit 30 more minutes infront of pc waiting for their replacement.
By semimmortal 2010-06-02 06:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

5min isn't really enough for a leader to:
1- Find a rep. with /sea.
2- Seek from LS if any are free/willing to pt.
3- Checking friendlist for anyone willing to pt.
4- Getting them assembled at camp.

This is how I'd go through the time to look for another member, and 5min would be a little tough to recruit and get them to camp. 10min is better, might be a bit hasty, but it's good enough.

I guess it doesn't matter, as long as you gave the heads up notice.
 Asura.Rinkydink
Server: Asura
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-06-02 06:08:40
Link | Quote | Reply

5 minutes is a lot longer than.. "oh crap we have 5, that douche just left us without telling us" ... 10 minutes of ranting about how you just got ditched etc..

consider 5 mins more than adequate!
 Ramuh.Tousou
Server: Ramuh
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-06-02 06:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I try to keep in the 15-30 range, personally. Of course, if I know I'll be going somewhere or something, I give a 1hr notice as a random heads up.

Admittedly, ya'll have more balls than I do. I'm usually too ecstatic that I got the invite to begin with to care. <.<
By semimmortal 2010-06-02 06:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

To most of us, this might seem ok to just leaving the party as soon as possible (in fact, someone would be thankful you for breaking the awkward party). But in some cases I've been in, the party members remain till they really need to leave. Desperate for invites, friends, camp-holding, whatever the reasons for them to keep the party alive.
 Phoenix.Miraun
By Phoenix.Miraun 2010-06-02 07:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say it's completely dependent on the camp as to how much notice you give... Kuftal Tunnel, versus E.Ron s, versus lolSkyWeapons, versus Mamool Ja Staging point.

E.Ron s Would be more notice than right at a staging point.

But there's also a significant difference between a 5 minute warning and a 10 minute warning.

And apparently S is also the statement for strikethrough
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-02 13:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

semimmortal said:
5min isn't really enough for a leader to:
1- Find a rep. with /sea.
2- Seek from LS if any are free/willing to pt.
3- Checking friendlist for anyone willing to pt.
4- Getting them assembled at camp.

This is how I'd go through the time to look for another member, and 5min would be a little tough to recruit and get them to camp. 10min is better, might be a bit hasty, but it's good enough.

I guess it doesn't matter, as long as you gave the heads up notice.

i dont see the point either way, I'm leaving the party, so it doesn't make a difference if i leave 5 minutes earlier. If he can't find me a rep in 5 minutes I'm still going out of the pt. It's just polite to say I'm leaving.

I can count alot of times before that I've told parties I have 30 minute remaining time, and when the 30 minutes are up they have no reps and simply ignore the fact that I have to go, that's why I've taken this actitude towards my leaves on parties.
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2010-06-02 14:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

If you guys know when you want to leave why not give some advance notice? I don't like when i get a 5 min warning or a "i have to go when i level" you can rationalize enough to type on a keyboard why can you not rationalize when you plan to go? rep can be hard to find sometimes and not giving enough of a heads up causes major down time if the pt plans to continue as the rep 15min ago might of been taken if you only give 5min warning. An emergency is understandable, however i kind of wish people did not just lie about those just cuz they don't like the pt.

on topic, if the pt is so bad, do not rep yourself. Just bring it up in pt that the pt isn't doing very well and you want to leave. People will either agree with you, Leader will flip out and u get to laugh, or at worse leader will scam another poor soul to rep you. Being honest has no down side when it comes to crap pt, can even hope the pt picks up after everyone is made aware of the flaws. *shrug*
 Lakshmi.Snuffy
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Snuffy 2010-06-02 22:26:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd rep myself with someone who looks like they suck as bad as everyone else in the party, and/or is a job that doesn't fit the particular camp set up. On Lakshmi, 90% of the time this means a PUP/DRG/BLU with a seacom insinuating they wanna prove their job can main heal better than a mage or out-DD a SAM. Of course they really mean they eyeball-parsed their performance against mediocre mages and DDs and fancied themselves the second coming of Avesta, so I'd be more than happy to get them into another mediocre party for their ego to shine.

edit: DRG is an awesome DD, but oh lord when they think they can be a reliable main healer...