CoP level cap removed area's *discuss*
First Page 2 ... 11 12 13
 Leviathan.Yhoiryo
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Yhoiryo
By Leviathan.Yhoiryo 2010-05-24 03:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh joy of joy's there removing the level cap on some pretty nice area's that are in CoP!

Seeing as I'm a rather lazy person when it comes to CoP and do not enjoy doing it this should make it a little smoother.

But along with the level cap removal, will anything be easier that might not involve CoP? Exping, farming, ect. Just something to talk about since I havn't seen any topics regarding this yet.

Here's the link to the information:

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/5459/detail.html

[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-24 03:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
the level and distribution of enemies in certain Promathia areas will also be adjusted to pose a worthy challenge to players level 75 and beyond.

Hopefully they make it difficult for lv 80s, so that ppl don't get the *** easy mode they've been hoping for
[+]
 Leviathan.Yhoiryo
By Leviathan.Yhoiryo 2010-05-24 03:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:
the level and distribution of enemies in certain Promathia areas will also be adjusted to pose a worthy challenge to players level 75 and beyond.

Hopefully they make it difficult for lv 80s, so that ppl don't get the *** easy mode they've been hoping for

Yeah I was wondering about this until they said something. Would've been nice to have the monsters stay the area's original cap lol
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-05-24 03:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Hope at least stuff like Stone Gorget/Swift belt become a joke to farm. I'd assume they'll add new NMs too. More excited about the BCNM cap being removed, wasn't looking forward to CoP on my new char.
[+]
 Phoenix.Ailoki
Server: Phoenix
user: Xenophire
By Phoenix.Ailoki 2010-05-24 03:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit : Level restrictions will be lifted in the areas below:
Pso'Xja / Promyvion - Holla / Promyvion - Dem / Promyvion - Mea / Promyvion - Vahzl / Phomiuna Aqueducts / Sacrarium / Riverne - Site #B01 / Riverne - Site #A01
[+]
 Fenrir.Xeonerable
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Xeonerable 2010-05-24 03:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe now I'll be able to get past.... 3 paths.. yay lol
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-05-24 03:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Ailoki said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Hope at least stuff like Stone Gorget/Swift belt become a joke to farm. I'd assume they'll add new NMs too. More excited about the BCNM cap being removed, wasn't looking forward to CoP on my new char.
I thought they said they were keeping the level cap on the BC areas. o-o;

Swift Belt runs are long and hard, and in the end, not everyone get's their belt. I hope the levels down there remain the same. I plan on just soloing my own.
Square.Enix said:
Level restrictions imposed upon mission battlefields will also be lifted, making the Chains of Promathia missions more accessible than ever before. Adventurers who have yet to delve into the dark secrets of the Twilight God may now proceed with easier hearts!
*No changes are being planned for the storyline or mission progression. Level restrictions will remain in effect for ENM quests.

That last part is lame. Wouldn't want to make Hagun ENM easy now would we?
 Sylph.Kimble
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-24 03:26:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Hagun ENM already is easy.
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-05-24 03:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

>_>
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-24 03:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
Hagun ENM already is easy.
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-05-24 03:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I was being sarcastic lol
 Shiva.Darkshade
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-05-24 03:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

CoP already was easy asides from like 2 fights, now it'll be a joke.
[+]
 Leviathan.Yhoiryo
By Leviathan.Yhoiryo 2010-05-24 03:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Xeonerable said:
Maybe now I'll be able to get past.... 3 paths.. yay lol

Lol I'm on promy vahzl ... so 3 paths is coming up soon for me too (from what I hear the roughest part of CoP)
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-05-24 03:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive said this in a previous post, but I`ll mention it again anyway.

I`m pretty certain the level cap removal of CoP area`s is SE`s way of creating new XP camps for lv75+

When the cap`s are removed so too will the level restriction on the mobs residing in those area`s, It would probably be a bit easier to progress through CoP but I can`t see any part of it being solo`able.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-05-24 03:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't think so, a lot of the reason for the new cap is so the shrinking player base can accomplish things without needing lots of people.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-24 03:40:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jetzabel said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:

It says "certain areas". Certainly not matching the "they will make every CoP area for levelling 75 " descriptions that lots of know-it-alls have been giving since the announcement ages ago.

As for what you hope - I don't. People can *** about easy mode all they want, the fact is CoP was/is completely unfriendly to anyone who doesn't dedicate their entire existence to FFXI.
Couldn't be more wrong. All of CoP can be done in in a week through two tops.

Let's take a look at you, 7/15 maat's cap jobs. That takes more time than CoP does.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-24 03:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jetzabel said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Asura.Jetzabel said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:

It says "certain areas". Certainly not matching the "they will make every CoP area for levelling 75 " descriptions that lots of know-it-alls have been giving since the announcement ages ago.

As for what you hope - I don't. People can *** about easy mode all they want, the fact is CoP was/is completely unfriendly to anyone who doesn't dedicate their entire existence to FFXI.
Couldn't be more wrong. All of CoP can be done in in a week through two tops.

Let's take a look at you, 7/15 maat's cap jobs. That takes more time than CoP does.

Getting into an exp party is much quicker than begging people to help you with CoP. And you say it takes 2 weeks tops? For who? Someone who plays 10 hours per day? Sometimes I'm only on 3 hours the whole week for serious play lol Get real.
Make a static ect.

Also, getting into an exp pt sure, that's quicker than getting a pt for a mission, but if you're claiming that getting enough exp pts to get 7 jobs to 75 is quicker than getting enough ppl for a handful of missions, then you're mistaken, greatly.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingregg
user: Kingregg
By Leviathan.Kingregg 2010-05-24 03:56:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope CoP is duoable.. It's hard to find people to do the early missions
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-24 03:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

COP isn't hardcore and they already nerfed it for those of you who were bitching about it. If you did 7 jobs, casually since 2004, you can do CoP, casually since its release.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-24 03:59:38
Link | Quote | Reply

So, let's say you can't find people. That still doesn't make CoP hard, it would make finding people to do CoP hard. The missions themselves are still easy enough as they are now.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-05-24 04:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
So, let's say you can't find people. That still doesn't make CoP hard, it would make finding people to do CoP hard. The missions themselves are still easy enough as they are now.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-24 04:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Hint: Get better friends.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-24 04:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's make all salvage zones full clear solo'able so I spend less time gathering a ls or asking others for help.
[+]
First Page 2 ... 11 12 13