CoP level cap removed area's *discuss*
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13
 Bahamut.Paulus
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2010-05-24 23:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

If these are going to be part of our new exp camps, it's gonna be time to quit.
[+]
By Meowzer 2010-05-25 01:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody's going to want to EXP in CoP areas. At least on my server, people are all "lolibri or gtfo".

Thickets will become the new Qufim Isle Level Sync area. :/
[+]
 Shiva.Darkshade
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-05-25 01:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's make everything solo-able so instead of a multiplayer game being about playing together, it'll now solely be about epeen, oh wait.
[+]
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-05-25 01:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Who cares, more people = more fun!!
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-05-25 12:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Meowzer said:
Nobody's going to want to EXP in CoP areas. At least on my server, people are all "lolibri or gtfo".

Thickets will become the new Qufim Isle Level Sync area. :/

Mamools or GTFO!
By whtbullitt 2010-05-25 13:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jetzabel said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:
the level and distribution of enemies in certain Promathia areas will also be adjusted to pose a worthy challenge to players level 75 and beyond.

Hopefully they make it difficult for lv 80s, so that ppl don't get the *** easy mode they've been hoping for

It says "certain areas". Certainly not matching the "they will make every CoP area for levelling 75 " descriptions that lots of know-it-alls have been giving since the announcement ages ago.

As for what you hope - I don't. People can *** about easy mode all they want, the fact is CoP was/is completely unfriendly to anyone who doesn't dedicate their entire existence to FFXI.

Exactly.
[+]
By whtbullitt 2010-05-25 13:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jetzabel said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
COP isn't hardcore and they already nerfed it for those of you who were bitching about it. If you did 7 jobs, casually since 2004, you can do CoP, casually since its release.

Heh, I see you just don't get it. This is a pointless discussion.

Edit: 'Hardcore' refers to how much time a person spends playing the game.

Don't waste your time Jetzabel, your trapped in a discussion with a loser know-it-all who does spend 10+ hours a day on a game.
[+]
 Valefor.Sketchkat
Server: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2010-05-25 13:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't read all 13 pages, but I'm going to assume that most of what happened after page 2 or 3 involved trolling and insults, so I'm probably not missing much.

Anyway, I've never bothered going past the promys since CoP came out. I remember passing Holla and then failing Dem and Mea many years ago, and not caring or attempting after that. Compared to the other expansions, it doesn't really seem like I'm missing out on much. I'm not into endgame stuff, so I don't care about sea, and it didn't add any new jobs or anything, so I don't have anything to care about in that regard, either.

To be honest, I haven't finished any mission sets since getting rank 10 in Sandy. I did just enough in Zilart to get access to sky(which I have only been to a few times), just enough in Aht Urghan to get access to Salvage(which I've never actually done), and I only started the WotG missions so I could do Campaign. Oh, I guess you could count ACP, too. So if they leave the mob levels the way they are in the promys, I might solo Dem and Mea someday just for the heck of it. If not, oh well, I've gone this long without it.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Caylene
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Caylene 2010-05-25 13:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkshade said:
Let's make everything solo-able so instead of a multiplayer game being about playing together, it'll now solely be about epeen, oh wait.

haha.
 Hades.Rugg
Server: Hades
user: Mollie
By Hades.Rugg 2010-05-25 13:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

will the NMs in the area also be raised also such as soboro NM or boroka? Will be nice for players without soboro being able to duo @ 75 or solo.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-05-25 13:45:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Caylene said:
Shiva.Darkshade said:

haha.
too late
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-05-25 13:50:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkshade said:

That's just an ignorant comment if it's serious. You're right an MMO without the pull of requiring other players is lame, but on 6+ year old content? Not having Sea access limits the content available, and Sea has a ton of content. If it's getting harder and harder to find groups to do the missions, then the MMO fails, since no game should have content that's hard to impossible to gain access to.
Its old content, get over it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodbeat
Server: Bismarck
user: bloodbeat
By Bismarck.Bloodbeat 2010-05-25 13:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Shiva.Darkshade said:

That's just an ignorant comment if it's serious. You're right an MMO without the pull of requiring other players is lame, but on 6 year old content? Not having Sea access limits the content available, and Sea has a ton of content. If it's getting harder and harder to find groups to do the missions, then the MMO fails, since no game should have content that's hard to impossible to gain access to.
Its old content, get over it.

A perfect account of the situation.
The challenge of the game should be doing the missions, not arranging to do them.
I know of several people who have bucketloads of 'accomplishments' but fail on progressing through CoP because they have no control over how/when they progress.
By chewwster 2010-05-25 14:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Agreed with Jetzabel ^^
 Odin.Mikumaru
Server: Odin
user: Mikumaru
By Odin.Mikumaru 2010-05-25 15:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodbeat said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Shiva.Darkshade said:
That's just an ignorant comment if it's serious. You're right an MMO without the pull of requiring other players is lame, but on 6 year old content? Not having Sea access limits the content available, and Sea has a ton of content. If it's getting harder and harder to find groups to do the missions, then the MMO fails, since no game should have content that's hard to impossible to gain access to. Its old content, get over it.
A perfect account of the situation. The challenge of the game should be doing the missions, not arranging to do them. I know of several people who have bucketloads of 'accomplishments' but fail on progressing through CoP because they have no control over how/when they progress.
agree with this 100% . possibly in a few years we may even see something akin to this done with ToAU and WoTG . probly more WoTG since its more...fractured with Main plot intermingled with Nation storylines .
but yea . i think Bloodbeat and Darkanaseur hit the nail on the head .
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2010-05-26 09:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply

personally im just happy i can finally get CoP done

not only that but a large player base will get sea access
which is something i am also kinda excited for
[+]
 Ragnarok.Calif
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Calif 2010-05-26 10:20:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm in a quandary. I did Storms of Fate just before they announced the level uncapping of Promy areas, and I thought, wahey! I'll hold off getting slivers for AN for a few weeks (which has turned into months) and just stroll through aggro-free as lv75.

Now they've said they're raising the monster levels too, and I'm wondering if waiting will be a mistake, in case the top floor enemies become lethal. Soloing to floor 4 currently is a bit time-consuming, but I'd prefer the risk of lv30 exp loss over lv75.

I do sympathise with the people that struggle to progress through the CoP missions because of organisational hassles. I was lucky enough to get through it in two static parties (over a long period of time, because I'm far from hardcore), which I believe not only increases the success rate, but also the fun. Also don't underestimate that number of people out there that are willing to help, you just have to be the kind of person that people want to help out.

I'm kind of sad to see the level cap go, because I remember it being a big thing after I'd got to lv30 with my first job thinking it was great that I could start CoP now. Now SE have admitted that to do anything in the game you need to be 75, which makes getting to 75 seem even more a grindy bore you just need to get over and done with, instead of the long and blissful journey of discovery that I nostalgically misremember it as through rose-tinted spectacles.
 Valefor.Madranta
Server: Valefor
user: Madranta
By Valefor.Madranta 2010-05-27 03:04:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm shocked that they're removing the cap on the mission BCNMs too. However, having been stuck on Promy-Vahzl for a long time now, the decision doesn't bug me.

I managed to get a group together to do the mission the weekend before last but it took so long that by the time we got to the top floor several members needed to go to bed. It's just stupid how difficult it is to get people together for these things. I ended up having to replace 3 members before we even started too. 1 randomly when offline without a word and never came back. Another left to do something else and the 3rd was still online but stopped responding to my /tells.

The hardest part of CoP was getting a decent group of players together with the right set of jobs. That's just not right. And it's also the only reason why I haven't finished them yet.

Oh and I didn't have my first 75 job until around 2 years ago so I couldn't have done them when it came out.
 Asura.Chulol
Server: Asura
user: Chulo
By Asura.Chulol 2010-05-27 03:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

First thing ima do is camp the ***out of Elel ... Frenzy Sallet Yes Please.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13