Square Enix & Gamepot Partner For New MMOG Fantasy Earth Zero!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Square Enix & Gamepot Partner for New MMOG Fantasy Earth Zero!
Square Enix & Gamepot Partner for New MMOG Fantasy Earth Zero!
First Page 2 3
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2010-01-12 20:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Platform: Windows
Official service started on: December 21, 2007
Publisher: Gamepot Inc.
Distributor: Square Enix Co., Ltd.
Developer: FenixSoft Co.,Ltd.

IP Block was up fro other countries and now will release beta soon for USA.

Official Game Site

http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm/read/15942/General-Square-Enix-Gamepot-Partner-for-New-MMOG-Fantasy-Earth-Zero.html

Square Enix and Gamepot USA have partnered up to deliver a new free-to-play fantasy MMOG dubbed "Fantasy Earth Zero" to MMOG fans in Q1 2010.

Fantasy Earth Zero, which is being announced exclusively here at MMORPG.com, will focus on PvPvE (Player vs. Player vs. Environment) gameplay and utilize a new "Hyper-Active Battle System," which aims to deliver an exhilarating combat experience akin to the "best scenes in Gladiator or Braveheart, with the action ratched up to 20."

A familiar theme for Square Enix games, Fantasy Earth Zero is set in the world of Melpharia, which has erupted into all out war over powerful crystals strewn throughout the world.

Players will be able to choose from three distinct and highly customizable classes, and five unique kingdoms, with the ability for up to 50 vs. 50 PvP battles. The game's soundtrack is being scored by Hitoshi Sakamoto, of Final Fantasy Tactics and Final Fantasy XII fame.

Below is a breakdown of Fantasy Earth Zero's features:

Robust Character Customization: FEZ provides nearly endless opportunities to create unique characters, allowing gamers to tailor their Fantasy Earth Zero experience as much – or as little – as they like.

Anime-inspired, energetic art style: Breathtaking, high-quality graphics from the unmatched skill of Square Enix artists.

Three Distinct Classes: The Power of a Warrior, The prodigious skills of a Mage, and the impeccable aim of an Archer are yours to command.

Five Unique Kingdoms Vying for Allegiance:

o The Kingdom of Netzawar: The brave Lion King Huenkel commands these warriors, driven by a selfless love of battle..
o The United Kingdom of Cesedria: Led by the beautiful elf, Queen Tiffarith, these fighters are dedicated to protection.
o The Gerburand Empire: A nation forged from endless wars, Emperor Lyle Geburand leads his people in a war of conquest.
o The Kingdom of Ielsord: Led by King Niass, These brilliant warriors live by one creed: Knowledge is Power,
o The Kingdom of Hordaine: This youthful country is led by the gorgeous Queen Wadritte, in a battle for her ideals.

Breath-taking Battlegrounds: Wage war in cities, the countryside, snow fields, grasslands, and across day, dusk and night.

Hyper-Active Battle System: From 5v5 up to 50v50 player-versus-player (PvP) action in multiple battlegrounds, Fantasy Earth Zero is more akin to an action game than a traditional RPG. It’s an experience that puts the control of a multiple nation war directly into the player’s hands. Fast-paced action where players dodge, attack and use their skill and resources to win battles and change the tide of war.

Voice Acting: 5 Kings, 5 leaders, 5 distinctive voices. Your chosen king will encourage you on and off the battlefield, monitor your overall progress, as well as give sound advice to emerge victorious.

• Music by Hitoshi Sakimoto: Best known for scoring Final Fantasy Tactics and Final Fantasy XII, Hitoshi Sakimoto has composed soundtracks for more than 70 games, arranged music for more than 40 others and now lends his unique talent to Fantasy Earth Zero.

• Website Stat-Tracking: Check out your wins, losses, kill/death ratio and more online!

[+]
 Fairy.Azulmagia
Server: Fairy
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2010-01-12 20:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I love Sakimoto's works. The fact that it's FtP might actually compel me to at least try it. I dunno on this laptop, though, its graphics card is fail... I can get FFXI to run in WINE but it looks awful (looked awful in Windows, too).
[+]
 Siren.Eagleeyes
Server: Siren
user: eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2010-01-12 20:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Azulmagia said:
I love Sakimoto's works. The fact that it's FtP might actually compel me to at least try it. I dunno on this laptop, though, its graphics card is fail... I can get FFXI to run in WINE but it looks awful (looked awful in Windows, too).

Gaming on a laptop....
/bonk
 Fairy.Telamon
user: prisonsex
By Fairy.Telamon 2010-01-12 20:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't this game 4 years old?
[+]
 Fairy.Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2010-01-12 20:49:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Eagleeyes said:
Fairy.Azulmagia said:

Gaming on a laptop....
/bonk

I don't have a desktop :\ Although if I can ever get a job, I'll probably start saving up for one.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
Server: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-01-12 21:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Eagleeyes said:
Fairy.Azulmagia said:
Gaming on a laptop.... /bonk

I game on a laptop. Quite well btw. full size keyboard, 4gb ram (upgrading it by 2gbs next month) 2.8 ghz dual core, 500 gb hard drive, blue ray player, windows 7 upgradable (havent gotten around to it).

I play dragon age origins on max settings, no lag. I play ffxi in windower and out, no problems with enhanced graphics display.

If its a GOOD lap top and not one of those midgit piece of shits your mom bought you for xmas cus it was 253 at walmart, your good.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-01-12 21:47:30
Link | Quote | Reply

so this is coming out in the First Quarter of 2010?
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-01-12 21:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
so this is coming out in the First Quarter of 2010?

Ya i just went to the website, it actually looks decent. Signed up for the beta.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-01-12 21:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah, from what I see it looks fun to play, and its free.
[+]
 Siren.Eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2010-01-12 21:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Siren.Eagleeyes said:
Fairy.Azulmagia said:

I game on a laptop. Quite well btw. full size keyboard, 4gb ram (upgrading it by 2gbs next month) 2.8 ghz dual core, 500 gb hard drive, blue ray player, windows 7 upgradable (havent gotten around to it).

I play dragon age origins on max settings, no lag. I play ffxi in windower and out, no problems with enhanced graphics display.

If its a GOOD lap top and not one of those midgit piece of shits your mom bought you for xmas cus it was 253 at walmart, your good.

Dragon Age isn't really a demanding game lol. But I understand what you're trying to say
[+]
 Kujata.Slayerdna
Server: Kujata
user: SlayerDNA
By Kujata.Slayerdna 2010-01-12 22:14:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Telamon said:
Isn't this game 4 years old?

Yes seems like you are the only one to know of this tho>.>(and me)

This game has been out and about for some time now... But indeed this is the US release of it.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Callicantzaros
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Callicantzaros 2010-01-12 22:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

2010 is now dubbed Year of the MMOs
[+]
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-01-12 22:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Eagleeyes said:
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Siren.Eagleeyes said:
Fairy.Azulmagia said:
I game on a laptop. Quite well btw. full size keyboard, 4gb ram (upgrading it by 2gbs next month) 2.8 ghz dual core, 500 gb hard drive, blue ray player, windows 7 upgradable (havent gotten around to it). I play dragon age origins on max settings, no lag. I play ffxi in windower and out, no problems with enhanced graphics display. If its a GOOD lap top and not one of those midgit piece of shits your mom bought you for xmas cus it was 253 at walmart, your good.
Dragon Age isn't really a demanding game lol. But I understand what you're trying to say

Good. ^^. I'll test this out with Crysis 2. Might need to upgrade the card for that tho.

Anyways on the top of 2010 is the MMO year, *cough* SWTOR comes out in july-Dec. Cant. ***. Wait.
[+]
 Siren.Eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2010-01-12 22:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Azulmagia said:

You know I just thought about it. Ever thought about opening up the laptop and cleaning out the fans and heatsinks? Applying some fresh thermal paste too might do the trick.
[+]
 Fairy.Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2010-01-12 22:59:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Eagleeyes said:
You know I just thought about it. Ever thought about opening up the laptop and cleaning out the fans and heatsinks? Applying some fresh thermal paste too might do the trick.

What exactly... would that do? (Apart from extend the lifetime and slow the internal melting but)
[+]
 Siren.Eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2010-01-12 23:03:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Azulmagia said:
Siren.Eagleeyes said:

What exactly... would that do? (Apart from extend the lifetime and slow the internal melting but)

meh just a idea. thought it might just be the graphic card/integrated chip overheating. just trying to be helpful :<
[+]
 Fairy.Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2010-01-12 23:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Eagleeyes said:
meh just a idea. thought it might just be the graphic card/integrated chip overheating. just trying to be helpful :<

Nah it's just a fail card. My first laptop was an uber-cheap Pavilion but it ran FFXI great. Then it kinda... fell apart.

Soooo then I spent my own money on a Satellite and I pop in FFXI and I'm like "whut is this?"

Many lessons learned, though, when it comes to buying computers.
 Siren.Eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2010-01-12 23:08:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Azulmagia said:
Siren.Eagleeyes said:

Nah it's just a fail card. My first laptop was an uber-cheap Pavilion but it ran FFXI great. Then it kinda... fell apart.

Soooo then I spent my own money on a Satellite and I pop in FFXI and I'm like "whut is this?"

Many lessons learned, though, when it comes to buying computers.

Lesson one don't game on a lappy

>:[
 Fairy.Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2010-01-12 23:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Eagleeyes said:
Lesson one don't game on a lappy >:[

But I was buying it for school!

(Ended up getting a netbook two years later 'cause it'll actually fit on a desk and leave maybe just enough room for the text.)
 Siren.Eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2010-01-12 23:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Azulmagia said:
Siren.Eagleeyes said:
Lesson one don't game on a lappy >:[

But I was buying it for school!

(Ended up getting a netbook two years later 'cause it'll actually fit on a desk and leave maybe just enough room for the text.)

bleh fine fine
 Fairy.Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2010-01-12 23:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Eagleeyes said:
bleh fine fine

Don't get me wrong I would much rather play on a desktop, I am ~so tired~ of playing on 360. Jabbing 2+ macros for one set of gearswap FML
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-01-12 23:20:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats where I'm at. When I said full size keyboard its because screen is 17 and 1/2 inch diameter so ya... i hope it fits on my desk in march.
 Fairy.Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2010-01-12 23:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Thats where I'm at. When I said full size keyboard its because screen is 17 and 1/2 inch diameter so ya... i hope it fits on my desk in march.

Full laptops are really annoyingly bulky in class. Moreso than you might originally anticipate.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2010-01-12 23:24:54
Link | Quote | Reply

So the whole time I'm asking myself "why the butt is Gamestop involved?" As if Gamepot is supposed to mean something to me. lol
 Fairy.Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2010-01-12 23:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Caiyuo said:
So the whole time I'm asking myself "why the butt is Gamestop involved?" As if Gamepot is supposed to mean something to me. lol
I would've cried.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2010-01-12 23:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Azulmagia said:
Seraph.Caiyuo said:
I would've cried.
Yes, I was majorly confused by the lack of outrage at SE being in bed with the devil that is Gamestop. PERHAPS YOU WOULD LIKE TO PRE-ORDER THIS GAME SO AS TO GET THE BONUS NAKED MANTHRA EXPANSION MAP UNLOCK ACHIEVERMINT??
 Fairy.Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2010-01-12 23:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Caiyuo said:
Yes, I was majorly confused by the lack of outrage at SE being in bed with the devil that is Gamestop. PERHAPS YOU WOULD LIKE TO PRE-ORDER THIS GAME SO AS TO GET THE BONUS NAKED MANTHRA EXPANSION MAP UNLOCK ACHIEVERMINT??
Actually that does sound pretty tempting.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2010-01-12 23:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, I'm referencing this thread in my resume, thanks.
 Fairy.Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2010-01-12 23:40:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I just noticed Aly spelt it "Gamepot" in the title.
First Page 2 3