Square Enix & Gamepot Partner For New MMOG Fantasy Earth Zero!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Square Enix & Gamepot Partner for New MMOG Fantasy Earth Zero!
Square Enix & Gamepot Partner for New MMOG Fantasy Earth Zero!
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2010-01-12 23:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Azulmagia said:
I just noticed Aly spelt it "Gamepot" in the title.
"Butt" it is Gamepot. I just don't have a clue what the butt Gamepot is or why it's notable. lol
 Fairy.Azulmagia
Server: Fairy
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2010-01-12 23:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Caiyuo said:
Fairy.Azulmagia said:
"Butt" it is Gamepot. I just don't have a clue what the butt Gamepot is or why it's notable. lol

Also I just noticed that you already noticed aaaa

{Blindna} {Can I have it?}
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2010-01-12 23:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Azulmagia said:
Seraph.Caiyuo said:
Fairy.Azulmagia said:

Also I just noticed that you already noticed aaaa

{Blindna} {Can I have it?}
Perhaps some BLU-NA instead! >o
 Fairy.Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2010-01-13 00:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Caiyuo said:

Caiyouna? :3
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2010-01-13 00:04:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Azulmagia said:
Seraph.Caiyuo said:

Caiyouna? :3
K.O.'d! You spelled it just the perfect way to kill me, like silver through a werewolf. ,_,
 Fairy.Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2010-01-13 00:07:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Caiyuo said:
K.O.'d! You spelled it just the perfect way to kill me, like silver through a werewolf. ,_,

{Too weak} No EXP :<
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2010-01-13 00:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Azulmagia said:
[sGM]SageSundi assured me I was Lv81 when he let me try on his robe and wizard hat. D8
[+]
 Fairy.Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2010-01-13 00:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Caiyuo said:
Fairy.Azulmagia said:
[sGM]SageSundi assured me I was Lv81 when he let me try on his robe and wizard hat. D8
I think Sundi was just trying to make you feel better :<;
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2010-01-13 00:25:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Azulmagia said:
Seraph.Caiyuo said:
Fairy.Azulmagia said:
I think Sundi was just trying to make you feel better :<;
A new jubbah would've been a much kinder gesture.
 Fairy.Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2010-01-13 00:30:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Caiyuo said:
A new jubbah would've been an obscene gesture.
 Fenrir.Didgist
Server: Fenrir
user: Didgist
By Fenrir.Didgist 2010-01-13 01:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, this is awesome news. I've been playing this with friends overseas off and on who have quit FF. Unfortunately, the game (especially the Japanese version) has a strict IP block and people state-side haven't been able to access it for quite some time. The game itself is simple, but as far as free MMO goes it is an awesome game, especially with the large scale PvP.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2010-01-13 01:10:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I was a little confused with the Gamepot thing... lol

and hey I play ffxi on my laptop... >.>;; I don't have a desktop. I've been playing on it for a couple years.. and played on my 360 2-3 years before that.
[+]
 Asura.Artemicion
Server: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-01-13 03:14:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Something free to play til XIV comes out, yay!
[+]
 Seraph.Xdudemanx
user: xdudemanx
By Seraph.Xdudemanx 2010-01-13 04:37:12
Link | Quote | Reply

i looked up a vid..looks fun pvp based seems like a decent idea

[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-01-13 06:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

<_< i think that game looks horrible tbh lol.

I mean if it's fun then hey who cares if you enjoy it but just wow on the graphics and movements lol. I think I'd almost rather submit myself to farmville than that.
[+]
 Fairy.Blackmist
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2010-01-13 07:53:41
Link | Quote | Reply

something to kill the time, o.o knowing me, ill get lost, and /start over, only to get lost again =]

Edit: who knows maybe there computer.. or laptop >.>;

couldn't handle that much at once, and they had to scale it down?
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2010-01-13 09:10:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Caiyuo said:
Fairy.Azulmagia said:

*giggles* I also had to take a double look before I posted too lol I had a feeling ppl were gonna think if I misspelled it lol

Well free is always good, I'm gonna try it out too. :)
[+]
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-01-13 09:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
Well free is always good, I'm gonna try it out too. :)

yup yup
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-01-13 09:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait wait, SE support PVP now?
 Asura.Kimiyo
user: Kimikacat
By Asura.Kimiyo 2010-01-13 10:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2010-01-13 10:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno but it does say: ©2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.Licensed to Gamepot USA Inc. on the official website.

From Gamepot site news:

01/12/10

Gamepot Partners with Square Enix for Fantasy Earth Zero

LOS ANGELES – January 12, 2010 – Gamepot (USA), Inc, the U.S. publishing division of Japanese gaming behemoth Gamepot, Inc., will soon unleash one of the most anticipated free-to-play online games on North American gamers: Fantasy Earth Zero (FEZ). This massively multi-player online role-playing game (MMORPG) from Square Enix Co., Ltd., the creators of Final Fantasy® and Dragon Quest®, two of the world’s most well-respected video game franchises in history, will make its way to North America for the first time with its launch early this year. Combining the respected pedigree of Square Enix with the Gamepot (USA) promise of high-quality free-to-play games, FEZ aims to be one of the top online entertainment experiences of 2010, providing fans of Square Enix – and of all MMOROPGs in general – a chance to step into a world fueled by exhilarating combat, absolutely free of charge.

Fantasy Earth Zero boasts a vast game world that puts epic warfare directly in the hands of the players, emphasizing bristling battle systems, loyalty to friends and defending the player’s country against all threats. FEZ combines fast-paced action and RPG elements in a player vs. player vs. environment (PvPvE) world.

“Imagine a world of perpetual warfare, legions of unique classes, and a Hyper-Active Battle System ---Think the best scenes in Gladiator or Braveheart, with the action ratcheted up to 20,” said Thomas Lee, senior director of business and marketing, Gamepot (USA), Inc. “It’s quite unlike any MMORPG available – our 50 vs. 50 PvP system is pure, pulse-pounding excitement. And now, for the first time ever, North American players can step into a world from the creators of so many high-quality RPGs, completely for free.”

In Fantasy Earth Zero, an era of peace ironically brings about war, which causes trivial disputes of the past to evolve into full-blown battles, throwing the world of Melpharia into chaos. Kingdoms are created and destroyed over the years while their inhabitants fight for control of powerful crystals spread throughout the land. These crystals are the origins of everything in the world and their power can be used for transformations, healing, and more, making them invaluable.

Fantasy Earth Zero features three distinct classes to choose from, five unique kingdoms vying for a player’s allegiance, immersive quests, a stunning soundtrack by Hitoshi Sakamoto (Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy 12), the pulse-pounding excitement of 50 vs. 50 PvP and a nearly endless array of character customization options, making it one of the most robust and anticipated free-to-play MMO games of 2010.

For more information on Fantasy Earth Zero, or to sign up for a chance to get into the beta, please visit: http://fez.gamepotusa.com.

About Gamepot (USA), Inc.

Gamepot (USA), Inc. is the U.S. publishing division of Gamepot, Inc., one of Japan’s top gaming firms. Opening its Los Angeles office in August 2008, Gamepot (USA), Inc. is dedicated to providing the best games free of charge, and invites all players to “Taste the fun”. Gamepot has a full course meal of fun, fulfilling games slated for North America and beyond. For more information, please visit http://www.gamepotusa.com

About Square Enix

Square Enix Co., Ltd. (Square Enix), a wholly owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd., with headquarters in Tokyo, Japan, develops, publishes and distributes entertainment content including interactive entertainment software and publications in Asia, North America and Europe. Square Enix brings two of Japan's best-selling franchises – FINAL FANTASY, which has sold over 92 million units worldwide, and DRAGON QUEST, which has sold over 53 million units worldwide – under one roof. Square Enix is one of the most influential providers of digital entertainment content in the world and continues to push the boundaries of creativity and innovation.

FANTASY EARTH and FANTASY EARTH ZERO are registered trademarks or trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd. in the United States and/or other countries.

[+]
 Asura.Kimiyo
By Asura.Kimiyo 2010-01-13 11:05:41
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Alexander.Nepharite
Server: Alexander
user: nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-01-13 11:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kimiyo said:
In other words, as I said: Gamespot are publishing the game on this occasion, and using the square enix name to boost the amount of people who will sign up. The fact that they boast square enix themselves created it is just fabricated information >.< It was NOT developed my Square Enix. They are just the original publisher (hence put money into the creation of the game and owned all the rights to the game).

Its Gamepot, Not GameSpot >.>
[+]
 Asura.Kimiyo
By Asura.Kimiyo 2010-01-13 11:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2010-01-13 11:10:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Well either way its free lol

I don't think SE would want to promote something unless they saw what the game looked like etc. Well that's what I think, so I'd think they'd be involved in it somehow to make sure it goes well.

[+]
 Alexander.Nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-01-13 11:11:49
Link | Quote | Reply

"Square Enix began a new project called Fantasy Earth: The Ring of Dominion. GamePot, a Japanese game portal, got the license to publish Fantasy Earth in Japan and it was released in Japan as "Fantasy Earth ZERO." In November 2006, however, Square Enix dropped the Fantasy Earth Zero project, giving acquisition to GamePot."

[+]
 Alexander.Nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-01-13 11:16:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically it looks like SE designed the game, canceled it, then gamepot bought the rights to it and dropped the subscription fees.

Says its a free game to play, but uses the strat where you pay real money for special items in game.
[+]
 Asura.Kimiyo
By Asura.Kimiyo 2010-01-13 11:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Alexander.Nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-01-13 11:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

It was developed by Fenix Soft (original developers, Multiterm, were absorbed into Fenix Soft)

SE had to green light it though, but I think they released this around the same time they had some major competition (can't remember which atm).

[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-01-13 11:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kimiyo said:
I'm trying to help you understand that - I never said they didn't know what the game looked like :P

Let me explain it again for you but simpler and not broken up:

SE financed a developer to create this game, Fantasy Earth: The ring of dominion. It was to be a new SE MMO, and when it was first announced (way back in 2007 - Edit this is incorrect, its even longer back!), SE was promoting it as a game that would be a major part of their brand. SE did not develop this as they would have a final fantasy game. They paid another developer to make it, as all big publishers do, and as SE have been doing with quite a few titles since they began merging with other companies and such (hence my point about SE wanting to be the new EA).

About a year later or so, SE released Fantasy Earth in Asia. To cut a long story short, the game was a complete failure in terms of subscriptions. So guess what? They cancelled it. LoL

Ok fast forward again, and this gamepot bought the rights to release the game on free to play basis, and it was renamed fantasy earth: zero.

So is SE in love with this game? No. Like I said, their name is still on it simply to make it more popular for gamepot. They don't even mention that its not SE who developed it in their description. The proof is in the pudding.

Edit: Alas I am not saying do not try this game out. I may try it out myself someday. Just wanted to highlight how it is not a new game, and the SE tag is simply to make it more popular.

This is a really good summary. Thanks for pointing out the facts and clearing up the originally misleading information(Though I'm sure no one intended to mislead anyone)
[+]