Ok, So I Just 20 Mins Ago Got Hacked...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » ok, so i just 20 mins ago got hacked...
ok, so i just 20 mins ago got hacked...
First Page 2 3 4 5

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Vedder
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Vedder
By Cerberus.Vedder 2009-08-31 14:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Scragg said:
Here you go...

http://www.ffxiah.com/wordlist.txt

$domain = "www.playonline-euix.com";

Shouldn't it be "www.playonline-enix.com" ?
 Ifrit.Rerisen
Server: Ifrit
user: Mafai
By Ifrit.Rerisen 2009-08-31 14:29:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Vedder said:
Scragg said:
Here you go...

http://www.ffxiah.com/wordlist.txt

$domain = "www.playonline-euix.com";

Shouldn't it be "www.playonline-enix.com" ?

both are phishing sites that are being spammed in tells.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-08-31 14:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Rerisen said:
Kungfuhustle said:
ok Scragg, my PHP is a bit rusty, so can you put that in ENGLISH?

unless that word list is referring to a list of possible passwords to this site.

its a script to send fake info to the RMT phishing site. It looks like it generates a fake POL ID (4 letters and 4 numbers) and password from the wordlist.

oh, it should send random obscenity as passwords...

Name:Suckmydick
Password: Gofuckyourself

of course, that can be programmed into it.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-08-31 14:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I just send /tells to them in-game with the foulest of English words.
[+]
 Ifrit.Rerisen
user: Mafai
By Ifrit.Rerisen 2009-08-31 14:37:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Kungfuhustle said:
Rerisen said:
Kungfuhustle said:
ok Scragg, my PHP is a bit rusty, so can you put that in ENGLISH?

unless that word list is referring to a list of possible passwords to this site.

its a script to send fake info to the RMT phishing site. It looks like it generates a fake POL ID (4 letters and 4 numbers) and password from the wordlist.

oh, it should send random obscenity as passwords...

Name:Suckmydick
Password: Gofuckyourself

of course, that can be programmed into it.

i dont agree. this script will fill their database with logins that look legit, making a huge list of fake info for them to go through. this will stall them, or maybe even make them give up. or they could mass delete and actually delete info that people give them.
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-08-31 14:39:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ever hear of a DDOS? Get 100 people to run that script and watch their server explode.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-08-31 14:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

MASS *** LISTS OF FAKE ***TO CRASH THEIR SERVERS!
[+]
Server: Remora
user: iLLogiX
By Remora.Hackstealandbot 2009-08-31 14:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

DDoS'ing a chinese server would probably be hilariously easy
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-08-31 14:44:31
Link | Quote | Reply

their server security is as strong as a mud hut in the swamp.
 Carbuncle.Corrderio
Server: Carbuncle
user: Corrderio
By Carbuncle.Corrderio 2009-08-31 15:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Kungfuhustle said:
I just send /tells to them in-game with the foulest of English words.

I do that to the RMT spammers, never get a reply :(
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-08-31 15:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

That's b/c they're bots and not actual people...
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Templeton
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Templeton
By Midgardsormr.Templeton 2009-08-31 15:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Reminds me of that classic film: Hackers

Can't SE do this DDOS crap for us? Financial firms and businesses spend millions of their earnings every year paying hacker-types to protect them from international e-thugs. If it actually cut into their profit margin they would pumpkin bomb the attackers asap.

I think it would be awesome if u guys that are capable of launching that script were able to reduce the amount of fake GM spam i get. But I imagine the majority of idividals that know how to overload a foreign server and play this dying game are far too busy quad-boxing and running claim-bot scams of their own.
 Carbuncle.Corrderio
user: Corrderio
By Carbuncle.Corrderio 2009-08-31 15:09:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
That's b/c they're bots and not actual people...

I dunno... I had an interesting experience with one of those guys before. They sent me a tell, I chewed their *** out, about 30 min. later they sent me a tell again but this time they were set to /away.
 Shiva.Ragnell
Server: Shiva
user: Ragnell
By Shiva.Ragnell 2009-08-31 15:39:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure is gullible people around here, maybe I should set up a site to hack ***too, easy way to make gil
[+]
 Remora.Dubont
Server: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-08-31 21:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnell said:
Sure is gullible people around here, maybe I should set up a site to hack ***too, easy way to make gil

FFXI has become over populated in the last year or so by people who think WoW is difficult and that Chocobo is a job ability (true story). Point is, most of the vets have left and retards/ignorant/stupid/wtf FFXI 80 lvs pls! people are coming in...aka FFXI is dying at a very rapid rate. ANYWAY I agree with u on the fake site...you could make gil and RL munny
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-08-31 21:43:15
Link | Quote | Reply

DDoS'ing a such website is useless tho, they'll just make a new one and that's it :< Takes 10 minutes to make a such shitty phishing website. They'll just get another server.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Aliceisback
By Carbuncle.Aliceisback 2009-08-31 21:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I just think its funny ANYONE would just give out their info like that. Its like what if someone walked up to you in rl and asked for your Social Security # or your credit card #'s and crap would you just give it to them?
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2009-08-31 22:03:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Poor Odin server, we aren't cool enough to get RMT tells.

Also a point of note, if you can't click on the VeriSign log to view the license ***, it's also fake. This holds true to all websites, just a general security point.

I'm actually surprised the RMT are wasting their time with FFXI... It can't be that profitable, can it? Maybe this is a conspiracy to get as many people out of FFXI as possible for FFXIV, it certainly would explain why nothing has happened yet.

As for potential fixes, just stop any free trial people from using the /tell function. How awesome would it be to go to a starting town

/sh Slanteyedfuckwad this gm slanteyedfuckwad your account suspsected of illegal theft and stealing, login please at www.hackmyaccountthx.china/hi to file complaint, thanks.
[+]
 Shiva.Drteeth
Server: Shiva
user: Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2009-08-31 22:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Zicdeh said:

Also a point of note, if you can't click on the VeriSign log to view the license ***, it's also fake. This holds true to all websites, just a general security point.

I'm actually surprised the RMT are wasting their time with FFXI... It can't be that profitable, can it? Maybe this is a conspiracy to get as many people out of FFXI as possible for FFXIV, it certainly would explain why nothing has happened yet.

As for potential fixes, just stop any free trial people from using the /tell function. How awesome would it be to go to a starting town

/sh Slanteyedfuckwad this gm slanteyedfuckwad your account suspsected of illegal theft and stealing, login please at www.hackmyaccountthx.china/hi to file complaint, thanks.

There's also the difference between http and https. A very big difference.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2009-08-31 22:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Drteeth said:
Zicdeh said:

There's also the difference between http and https. A very big difference.

I didn't even catch that, GUESS I GONNA GET HAXED.

I think we should declare war on China over this, start the 2012 apocalypse a lil early. Who knows, some of us might become ghouls and super mutants.
 Carbuncle.Aliceisback
By Carbuncle.Aliceisback 2009-08-31 22:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I call being a Bogy from valkurm dunes!!!!!!!
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2009-08-31 22:36:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Wrong game reference! Fallout isn't even obscure anymore cause of lolsellouthesda taking over the franchise!

Seriously though. This problem needs to go away, not because it's damaging to the game, but because I want to see where RMT will go from here. What can they do that transcends impersonating a GM?

Impersonating an SGM?
Impersonating a MGM?

Or...

God>> This is god, please log in here, you don't need to know why.
(2min later)
Gawd>> This is god, please log in here, it will get you into heaven.
(45seconds later)
Gaud>> This is god, you should login here or you hate kittens. You don't hate kittens do you? (We eat them).
 Ragnarok.Deemos
Server: Ragnarok
user: Deemos
By Ragnarok.Deemos 2009-08-31 22:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

User submitted image
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-08-31 22:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Aliceisback said:
I just think its funny ANYONE would just give out their info like that. Its like what if someone walked up to you in rl and asked for your Social Security # or your credit card #'s and crap would you just give it to them?

Pic related :

User submitted image

Same goes with credit card number, lot of people got owned while being asked to type their CC number in the name field, and date + CVV2 on the subject field, so they could get a 4chan gold account lol :< This worked fine around 2006~2007. Why hack people when all you have to do is ask ? :d
[+]
 Carbuncle.Cianti
user: Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2009-08-31 22:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry to hear what happened Alexxe but I don't think America has Bank Holidays like us. I wouldn't worry too much about your account as long as you have your booklet with the registration codes and orginal CC
info.
 Asura.Lordgenbu
Server: Asura
user: Lordgenbu
By Asura.Lordgenbu 2009-08-31 23:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:
Aliceisback said:

Pic related :

User submitted image

Same goes with credit card number, lot of people got owned while being asked to type their CC number in the name field, and date + CVV2 on the subject field, so they could get a 4chan gold account lol :< This worked fine around 2006~2007. Why hack people when all you have to do is ask ? :d

I actually remember this ***! Rofl!
 Sylph.Osmodomniar
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Osmodomniar 2009-08-31 23:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

My account was hacked yesterday (Sunday). It has nothing to do with any /tells being received, I just thought I'd share my sad little story.

Before anyone says anything, I always do read every PoL/FFXI news thing that comes up, and I've been very well aware of all the scams going on lately. I've been playing for four years and not once have told anyone, not even three of my brothers who play, my PoL ID or password. I actually change my password every six months or so, just for "safety sake".

The only /tells I've gotten in-game, though, that are suspiciously a lot like hacking /tells are the brogame/brosale guys. I've never gotten anyone posing as a GM. Furthermore, I play on PS2, and always have, so it's not like it could've been some keylogger (unless there's some magical way they can keylogger my PS2).

So just yesterday, I'm chillin' in Port Jeuno waiting for an Airship (that's right, I still ride the Airship, what of it?) and I get DC'd with the message something like "Connection failure, this account has been logged in from another terminal." So naturally, I think "Oh ***." My brother was on at the time, so I call him and let him know to search for me. Sure enough, a few minutes later, there my character was running to my MH in Jeuno, while I was unable to log into PoL. GM calls were made, blah blah blah, about six minutes later, my brother literally watched my character run out of the MH in Lower Jeuno over to the delivery box guy, unequipping sellable items. And he took my Demon's Harness. *Tear*

Sob story, I know. I'm just letting anyone who bothers to read this know that even though I play on PS2, have never shared ANY sort of information with ANYONE EVER (aside from verbally to PoL/Square Enix guys over the phone), and actually take slight precautions, i.e. password changes, my ***still got jacked. So I don't know how they did it, but just a warning. *Note* I don't have the security token.

In case anyone's wondering, I called them today (since they're closed on Sunday) and got my account reactivated and password changed, but they freakin' cleaned me out. BLM and BRD are actually pretty alright, since most of the gear is Rare/Ex/augmented (Snow Ring and Aquilo's, gogogogogo) but DRK and NIN suffered heavy, heavy losses, millions of gil worth of items. So I'm gonna use my game data recovery. Also, I'm gonna get that security token. I don't care if it doesn't actually provide any real extra security, I just want to feel safer.

Oh, and when I got back on, for whatever reason, the guy decided to leave me with 10,000 gil. I had good little bit of gil on my person, and he took all of it but 10,000 exactly. Anyone know why that is? <.<
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2009-09-01 00:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

It's possible that Playonline help call was fake, I've heard of that (At least on WoW and even XboxLive support centers) faked call centers that take your info and then hack your account. It's not likely, but something to be aware of.
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-09-01 00:52:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Osmodomniar said:
Oh, and when I got back on, for whatever reason, the guy decided to leave me with 10,000 gil. I had good little bit of gil on my person, and he took all of it but 10,000 exactly. Anyone know why that is? <.<

Happened to me, and they also bought some gay earring from Assault. No idea why, I guess they thought it was funny.