taru/galka HP/MP predictions
First Page 2 3
 Bismarck.Danz
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2010-06-14 12:20:45
Link | Quote | Reply

more then just me would be more then Weldon to see this adjustment be made. Taru are too gimped on HP and galka are too gimped on MP. predicted outcome of the lv 80 cap pre gear pre merits or job traits
this is calculated for lv 80

JOB | RACE | MP | HP
--------------------------
SMN/RDM| TARU |1003 |753
SMN/RDM| GALK |606 |1166
MNK/NIN| TARU |0 |1346
MNK/NIN| GALK |0 |1759
RDM/BLM| TARU |821 |913
RDM/BLM| GALK |424 |1326

notice how on RDM/BLM galka have nearly about 1 and 1/4 as much HP as the taru. yet taru have 1 and 1/2 as much MP. these extreams are not only OVER exteram. but it seems galka is getting ripped off. and considering that MP is far more valuable then HP when it comes to jobs that use it. its fairly understandable that races should have a difference that taru are better mages. and galka are better at being more hearty. but by this amount is too much

pleaes post your thoughts
[+]
 Remora.Laphine
Server: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2010-06-14 12:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

my thought is just like stat rules changed from on 51 on (first lvl cap), they will change from 76 on.

Even if things do not change, it wont be so bad. If you compare the ratios of hp that galka/taru have at 80 and 75 you can see that they pretty much stay same. Mnk example:
80 -> 1759/1346 = 1.3068
75 -> 1708/1300 = 1.3138
taru hp actually gets closer to the mnks galkas.(edit~)
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-14 13:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

My thoughts? Don't roll Galka.
[+]
 Bismarck.Danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2010-06-14 13:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

in the short run (5 levels) its not so bad. but in the long run. 75 levels it gets bad. and to think 99 is comeing around the corner. by then its going to be to the point where Galka BLMs are going to have no use... already fire off 3 spells and where resting for more MP >.> when/if they release metor its most likely going to take every last drop of MP of a galka. and taru might be able to get 2 off XD
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-14 13:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Danz said:
in the short run (5 levels) its not so bad. but in the long run. 75 levels it gets bad. and to think 99 is comeing around the corner. by then its going to be to the point where Galka BLMs are going to have no use... already fire off 3 spells and where resting for more MP >.> when/if they release metor its most likely going to take every last drop of MP of a galka. and taru might be able to get 2 off XD
Did you actually read what was posted? Even in what is probably the worst case scenario for Galkas, the differences are going to decrease, not increase.
 Ramuh.Rustytiger
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Rustytiger 2010-06-14 13:20:45
Link | Quote | Reply

This fact may be true but that doesn't necessarily mean Galkas have no use as mages and Taru having no use as melee; effectively it all comes down to the skill.

To illustrate, you can have all the MP in the world but the important matter is getting it back as well as spam out the MP like gas to a HEMI. The same goes for HP, in cases where it's needed (ex, mnk, pld, etc).

I used to get blasted a lot for even trying to level PLD because of my mp waaay back in early 2000s, when Galka/Taru racisim was flairing up. But in times where I was invited into parties I used both DEF food, mp drinks/gear to make sure I'm able to get mp back as quick as possible, at least I did this to about lvl 40 when the Refresh spell is in use for RDMs.

True, perhaps even with all the mp/hp gear, merits and such come in handy for both races Tarus will have the most HP and galkan's have the most HP, but if both races have their bases covered and are skilled at thier jobs they can keep up with the Jones'.

[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-14 13:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

galka>taru
/endthread.
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-06-14 13:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Hume > the rest.
[+]
 Bismarck.Danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2010-06-14 13:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

i seriously wish it was going to be this bad. i would of chose hume for the long run. i honestly didn't think id be leveling mage jobs. if only SE introduces race change options
[+]
 Siren.Jingles
Server: Siren
user: Jingles
By Siren.Jingles 2010-06-14 13:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

As someone said, it all comes down to skill. One of the best WHMs I know of is a Galka, and I'm sure he is now a damn good BLM. I've played with WHMs of all the other races, and none were as attentive and on the ball as he is.
 Asura.Rule
user: Rule
By Asura.Rule 2010-06-14 14:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

my blm leader in dynamis is galka
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-14 14:03:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Jingles said:
As someone said, it all comes down to skill. One of the best WHMs I know of is a Galka, and I'm sure he is now a damn good BLM. I've played with WHMs of all the other races, and none were as attentive and on the ball as he is.
it really just boils down to the skill of the character, galkas have pretty damn good mp gear, so if you are a skilled player and you can effectively use yer ***of course you are going to better than the droves of tarus that don't know how to play their class right. :D
 Bismarck.Danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2010-06-14 14:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

im not saying galka BLM are poorly skilled im just saying compared to taru the amount of MP they have is crazy... and the same goes for those poor taru when it comes to HP. iv seen soo many taru NINs get 1 shotted by TP moves
 Siren.Jingles
Server: Siren
user: Jingles
By Siren.Jingles 2010-06-14 14:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Siren.Jingles said:
it really just boils down to the skill of the character, galkas have pretty damn good mp gear, so if you are a skilled player and you can effectively use yer ***of course you are going to better than the droves of tarus that don't know how to play their class right. :D

It's the same thing with Paladin. I get a lot of flack for being a Taru, but I think I'm pretty ok at my job. The massive MP pool means I can cure my co-tank, my party/ally members, and myself for hate, plus get in reprisals and flashes. I know so many paladins that burn through their MP that are hurting to get off a cure III.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-14 14:08:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Danz said:
im not saying galka BLM are poorly skilled im just saying compared to taru the amount of MP they have is crazy... and the same goes for those poor taru when it comes to HP. iv seen soo many taru NINs get 1 shotted by TP moves
yup that's one of the things that you have to think of when you choose yer race, i decided to roll galka just because i prefer melee, so being set up better for what i wanted to do was my intention, but hell i'll roll blm once i get the gears for it...the first 30 or so levels will blow though -_-
 Asura.Rielle
By Asura.Rielle 2010-06-14 14:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

There's hMP and refresh gear for a reason. I find it amusing that your argument for BLM is lolMP when it should be INT and MATT/MACC. I haven't worn a strictly mp+ piece of gear on my BLM since I had the option to get better stuff.

Any galka mage that learns how to -manage- their MP return gear is going to do fine in the end. Max MP only matters until you cast a spell, then who the hell cares?

Edited to add: Looking to play a Galka mage? Build up a baller hMP build first, you'll keep up with everyone. Player > Gear > Race
[+]
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2010-06-14 14:32:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow something I realized because of this thread:

Racial differences might actually have an impact in the future.

Heres to having the DD stat that matters! *toast*
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-14 14:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

You're one of those guys who wouldn't choose galka simply because they lack in some stats aren't you?

God I hate the FFXI community sometimes.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-14 14:37:23
Link | Quote | Reply

i <3 my galka, he eats taru's for lunch, unless they d2 him away.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-14 14:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Galka are awesome, I'd be a galka any day of the week over a hume, I wish there was a way to change.
[+]
 Asura.Rule
user: Rule
By Asura.Rule 2010-06-14 14:40:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:

it takes 2 taru to d2 a single galka. this is fact
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-06-14 14:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

There is only one correct race in FFXI.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-14 14:42:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:

I wouldn't say that, Nightfyre will call you a noob for not being optimal.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-14 14:42:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Rule said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

it takes 2 taru to d2 a single galka. this is fact

never said he was eating just one, they are like potato chips to him...never can have just one.
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

really depends what you wanna do and how you are geared :/
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-06-14 14:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:

Correct, Tarutaru.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-14 14:45:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

Correct, Tarutaru.
I decided to be a Galka because i didn't want to be mistaken for an RMT.
>.>
<.<
taru=/=rmt
[+]
 Bismarck.Danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2010-06-14 14:54:14
Link | Quote | Reply

ok, so its obveus galka can make up for the lack of MP via gear and merits and stratagy/skill but heres the kicker, so can taru... and they can do the same things galka can. and have even more gratutitus amounts of MP.

and further more. yes it was kinda my falt for choosing galka. my main is MNK and i made a wise section for that. galka make crazy MNKs. but id be willing to sacrifice some of the greatness being galka gives it. for taru to be able to be a lil better. but yea. i have no problem with me being BLM. i just get gellus when i see tarus with as much MP as i. and not have a single peace of MP+ gear on, when im decked out with serket/zenith/cobra and currently working on a low MP set that swaps out some MP+ gear for more INT/magic-acc+

i personal would like to see an update to adjust (not by much) still keep taru as the suppiror mage class and galka as the suppiror melee. but make it so the extremes are so. extream. lol

what would your thoughts be if SE did give galka more MP at the cost of HP, and vise-versa for taru?
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-14 14:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Danz said:
ok, so its obveus galka can make up for the lack of MP via gear and merits and stratagy/skill but heres the kicker, so can taru... and they can do the same things galka can. and have even more gratutitus amounts of MP.

and further more. yes it was kinda my falt for choosing galka. my main is MNK and i made a wise section for that. galka make crazy MNKs. but id be willing to sacrifice some of the greatness being galka gives it. for taru to be able to be a lil better. but yea. i have no problem with me being BLM. i just get gellus when i see tarus with as much MP as i. and not have a single peace of MP gear on, when im decked out with serket/zenith/cobra and currently working on a low MP set that swaps out some MP gear for more INT/magic-acc

i personal would like to see an update to adjust (not by much) still keep taru as the suppiror mage class and galka as the suppiror melee. but make it so the extremes are so. extream. lol

what would your thoughts be if SE did give galka more MP at the cost of HP, and vise-versa for taru?
galka rse and lots of higher mp gear...srsly.
can't beat galka gear when it comes to mp+
 Alexander.Xgalahadx
Server: Alexander
user: xgalahadx
By Alexander.Xgalahadx 2010-06-14 14:58:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Your'e really looking at this like a pessimist you shouldn't compare the base stats of the best to the worst. If anything you should compare it to the median which in ffxi would be hume.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-06-14 15:04:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

lol i agree.

What is galka good for anyway? HP? For what? you're supposed to have someone to cure you. All other races have something useful (imo), elvaan got str, mithra dex, taru mp, hume got um well...
[+]
First Page 2 3