Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-14 15:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
My thoughts? Don't roll Galka.

You're one of those guys who wouldn't choose galka simply because they lack in some stats aren't you?

God I hate the FFXI community sometimes.
Holy *** I'd troll some more but I got you so good I actually feel bad about it.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-14 15:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

You're one of those guys who wouldn't choose galka simply because they lack in some stats aren't you?

Holy *** I'd troll some more but I got you so good I actually feel bad about it.

I've seen how you act in other threads, this would hardly be a leap.
[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-14 15:07:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
lol i agree. What is galka good for anyway? HP? For what? you're supposed to have someone to cure you. All other races have something useful (imo), elvaan got str, mithra dex, taru mp, hume got um well...
Hume has control over said Galka?

Back on topic, it makes sense... Galka are high HP low (hardly) MP, Taru is the reverse.. values look fine to me really.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-14 15:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Disagree, but certain people tend to misunderstand my position even after making it clear a dozen+ times so whatever.

Anyway, the max MP thing. Outside of soloing it really doesn't matter; the only truly significant primary stat for an endgame BLM is INT and it's not such a dramatic difference that I'd tell somebody to GTFO if they were Galka... or even Elvaan for that matter. Besides, pretty sure Galka and Hume have the same base INT.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-06-14 15:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply

but..Galka's are fugly

[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-14 15:10:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree that taru get more hp than they should, it should bea more even hp/mp gimp for taru/galka. I will say though i've never had a problem with mp. In the long run unless it's a short zerg fight(where I would be a melee anyway) mpr and refresh is going to destroy max mp. For all things but short fights and soloing max mp means next to nothing. This might be their reasoning for gimping our mp more than taru HP.

As for pld, taru pld are just fine, my galka has 1700 when i'm not even gearing hp, i rarely drop below 1k.... so taru plds are just fine, but like I said before it's all about refresh rate, max mp does factor in more for pld tho to be able to get hate faster at start. In the long run again though, it doesn't really matter, it's all about proper support.

All this thread has really spawned is trolls. Everything is fine, and will be fine. If not, SE will just ninja fix ***that they *** up as always.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-14 15:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

To be fair, low max MP doesn't make you nearly as vulnerable to getting your ***pushed in as low max HP does. I personally feel that Taru max HP is fine where it is, they hit the dirt often enough even now.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-14 15:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Well you can look forward to XIV, the races are simply aesthetic.
 Ramuh.Rustytiger
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Rustytiger 2010-06-14 15:15:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

I concur. You'd think since this is 2010 people would be over the 2003 mentality of "taru mage onry" blah blah blah "Galka Melee only" blah blah blah.

All jokes aside, yes its all about skill. My other half plays both Galka RDM and SCH and has no trouble at all with his MP whatsoever. In fact our ls bugs him all the time to come as any of those jobs even though his Favorite main job is Monk.
 Ramuh.Rustytiger
By Ramuh.Rustytiger 2010-06-14 15:16:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:
I agree that taru get more hp than they should, it should bea more even hp/mp gimp for taru/galka. I will say though i've never had a problem with mp. In the long run unless it's a short zerg fight(where I would be a melee anyway) mpr and refresh is going to destroy max mp. For all things but short fights and soloing max mp means next to nothing. This might be their reasoning for gimping our mp more than taru HP.

As for pld, taru pld are just fine, my galka has 1700 when i'm not even gearing hp, i rarely drop below 1k.... so taru plds are just fine, but like I said before it's all about refresh rate, max mp does factor in more for pld tho to be able to get hate faster at start. In the long run again though, it doesn't really matter, it's all about proper support.

All this thread has really spawned is trolls. Everything is fine, and will be fine. If not, SE will just ninja fix ***that they *** up as always.

Exactly.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-14 15:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If I'd rolled Galka I would have levelled up mages to prove they are as capable as any taru. Same goes with if I levelled taru, I would have become a pld.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-06-14 15:17:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
but..Galka's are fugly

hahahahaha, so this is how they dress up in their moghouse D:
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-14 15:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

I could care less either way. Race specific stats just mean I have to gear differently and learn to play a separate way. No harder, no easier. Doesn't really matter if they are aesthetic or actually different.

I will say though, it would be nice not having to camp AH for a year straight to get RSE2 Hands/feet. That ***was never on AH.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-14 15:22:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
If I'd rolled Galka I would have levelled up mages to prove they are as capable as any taru. Same goes with if I levelled taru, I would have become a pld.

I remember a buddy of mine years ago rolling paladin on his taru. It was pretty rough in the dunes doing it legitimately, but his perseverance paid off in the end and he made a beastly paladin out of himself, having about 1700 HP fully buffed; I was impressed.
 Ramuh.Rustytiger
By Ramuh.Rustytiger 2010-06-14 15:25:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

lol i agree.

What is galka good for anyway? HP? For what? you're supposed to have someone to cure you. All other races have something useful (imo), elvaan got str, mithra dex, taru mp, hume got um well...

Hate to tell you this but Elvaan used to get the short end of the stick too because of MP issues even though they have very good MND; not that they're bad imo just that's how they were preceived upon. On the other side of things I've seen and been in parties with some really damn good Taru PLDs and DDs and they've held their own while having Galkan or Elvaan mages heal and support the group.

Just stating what I've experienced. The proof is in the pudding after all :-P

[+]
 Ramuh.Rustytiger
By Ramuh.Rustytiger 2010-06-14 15:26:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

I could care less either way. Race specific stats just mean I have to gear differently and learn to play a separate way. No harder, no easier. Doesn't really matter if they are aesthetic or actually different.

I will say though, it would be nice not having to camp AH for a year straight to get RSE2 Hands/feet. That ***was never on AH.

That's why I kept mine after questing it, but mainly because on my server at the time people would jack up the prices so high on just the 30s RSE it would nearly cost you a mil >.>
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-14 15:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Lolgalka mages. Have fun burnning all your mp one 1 T5 spell or AM2
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-06-14 15:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rustytiger said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

lol i agree.

What is galka good for anyway? HP? For what? you're supposed to have someone to cure you. All other races have something useful (imo), elvaan got str, mithra dex, taru mp, hume got um well...

Hate to tell you this but Elvaan used to get the short end of the stick too because of MP issues even though they have very good MND; not that they're bad imo just that's how they were preceived upon. On the other side of things I've seen and been in parties with some really damn good Taru PLDs and DDs and they've held their own while having Galkan or Elvaan mages heal and support the group.

Just stating what I've experienced. The proof is in the pudding after all :-P

I see what you mean, but that is because of the player.

Imagine a guy playing a taru sam, and he's doing great and all, great gear, great skills and what not. Now you cant compare this guy to a gimp player with gimp gear and gimp skills that is elvaan. You'd have to think about what this taru could have done had he been elvaan with full str merits.

Thats where the difference is, not compared to other players.

And galkas are still ugly!
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-14 15:33:24
Link | Quote | Reply

What ever happened to the days when people picked a race that was aesthetically pleasing to them and suited their idea of an alter-ego character? It seems everyone these days is stats or gtfo.

Although I suppose the former reason is still valid considering the population of manthras lol.
[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-14 15:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Weewoo said:
What ever happened to the days when people picked a race that was aesthetically pleasing to them and suited their idea of an alter-ego character? It seems everyone these days is stats or gtfo. Although I suppose the former reason is still valid considering the population of manthras lol.
I assume a decent amount of the player base just wants to be the best at whatever they do, probably players that have already went through the game once on a char and decided to make another to suit a certain role.
[+]
 Ramuh.Rustytiger
By Ramuh.Rustytiger 2010-06-14 15:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Weewoo said:
What ever happened to the days when people picked a race that was aesthetically pleasing to them and suited their idea of an alter-ego character? It seems everyone these days is stats or gtfo.

Although I suppose the former reason is still valid considering the population of manthras lol.

I picked mine because of your statement. And I picked the jobs I wanted to level first because of the fun of it, not because of what I SHOULD be playing.

@Zanno I'm only refering to what the person posted of my opinion; the stats are fair and true but at the end of the day it does come down to the skill of the player as everyone else here illustrated as well.

As for galkas being "ugly" well that's your opinion. Fair enough. You have your 12 bucks a month and I have mine, and mine says Galka's are smexy no matter what job they play ;)

Another man's ugliness is another man's beauty my friend :-P

Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-14 15:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

When I created this character, I was alllll about BLM.

I still chose Hume. I am not going to *** waddle around on epic adventures through Vana'diel.

Worked out ok in the end given that I got back into BLU pretty quickly, but even with Plasticsurgeon out now there's something to be said for choosing a race based on aesthetics.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-14 15:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I was an elf on my first char, but I didn't like the looks of it much, so I started again on hume and made him bald simply because I liked the looks of it. I really wish I'd chosen Galka now simply because I love the looks of Galka, and there aren't many.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-14 15:44:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rustytiger said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

That's why I kept mine after questing it, but mainly because on my server at the time people would jack up the prices so high on just the 30s RSE it would nearly cost you a mil >.>

I have my full RSE2 set, and the full RSE3(I meant to say RSE3 earlier(I forget starting gear is RSE1). It took me a year in 2005 of camping AH for full RSE3, that ***was rare, and I sold my RSE2(like most ppl) when I was new, so had to wait and camp that too, though it didn't take as long lol.

Originally as a galka I hated mages, but after leveling so many jobs and feeling comfortable with my gear I finally got sucked into it.... and what a mistake leveling blm was, got stuck on that job 100% for events for 2-3 years.

I chose galka because I liked it, didn't care for the stat aspect. Then again I didn't research before I played. I prolly would have chose galka still though, I just find my extra HP comforting even though I rarely go below half. :/
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-06-14 15:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rustytiger said:

@Zanno I'm only refering to what the person posted of my opinion; the stats are fair and true but at the end of the day it does come down to the skill of the player as everyone else here illustrated as well.

As for galkas being "ugly" well that's your opinion. Fair enough. You have your 12 bucks a month and I have mine, and mine says Galka's are smexy no matter what job they play ;)

Another man's ugliness is another man's beauty my friend :-P

heh well, I cant say I chose my char based on stats or looks, since I had no idea about anything when I created my first char. (yes this is the first char I ever made, still have it). I simply went for elvaan, because thats the race (elf, elv and simular) that I've had in every game I've played where that race have been available.

Considering THF was my first 75, elvaan stats wasnt the best of choices lol.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-06-14 15:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

lol i agree.

i could be wrong, haven't looked in a while, but i think they have pretty respectable strength without taking the big hit to DEX that elvaan does?
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-14 15:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

is it me...or do dbags typically pick elvaan?
cuz elvaans are pretty big dbags in story line for FF, coincidence? I think not.
I picked galka so I could have the badass fu manchu cuz hume didn't really have anything that i liked aesthetically more for me...and elvaans run like they have a stick up their ***.
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

lol i agree.

i could be wrong, haven't looked in a while, but i think they have pretty respectable strength without taking the big hit to DEX that elvaan does?
ya, galka is #2 when it comes to strength and doesn't run like a fairy. :D
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-06-14 16:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

lol i agree.

And yet ppl pay millions and millions for that one piece of HQ gear that gives only 1 more str to their ws gear.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-06-14 16:06:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

lol i agree.

And yet ppl pay millions and millions for that one piece of HQ gear that gives only 1 more str to their ws gear.

i think you could say the same for dex in some cases?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-14 16:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

lol i agree.

99% sure they have the same STR and DEX values as Hume.

EDIT: More STR, same DEX, less INT contrary to what I posted earlier.