Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Wing of War Master Trial
Wing of War Master Trial
By Ovalidal 2024-05-13 05:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

According to the devs, this is the hardest of the tVR Master Trials added to the game. Here's a thread for it in case someone starts testing this fight before the first Oathsworn Blade clear.
[+]
 Asura.Sensarity
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Meeeeeep
By Asura.Sensarity 2024-05-13 13:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

You can tell people are really excited about this one due to how busy this thread is.
[+]
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-05-13 13:34:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Twice the reskinned dragons, twice the reskinned fetters?
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-05-13 13:37:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Make new friends, but keep the old~

One is silver, but the other's gold~

Make new friends, but keep the old~

Where did we go wrong?!

WE USED TO GO BOWLING!!!! BOWLLLLIIINNNG~~~~

Ok, ok. It's not an Eve 6 reference at all, but I couldn't resist.

Gonna be annoying AF for Chaos to be Dispelgaing all our ***while Bahamut is Teraflaring all our ***.
[+]
 Siren.Kruel
Server: Siren
user: Kruel666
By Siren.Kruel 2024-05-13 13:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotta also assume they're gonna be calling in pretty much every variant of all the other large wyrms, wvyverns, etc. throughout the battle on top of that too.
[+]
By Taint 2024-05-13 14:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Tiamat better fly up and players be unable to melee him.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-05-13 14:26:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone has to bring Ullrs and Racc setups, yeehaw
[+]
By drakefs 2024-05-13 16:16:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
Everyone has to bring Ullrs and Racc setups, yeehaw

My RDM has been waiting for this moment since Ambuscade was released!
[+]
By Dodik 2024-05-13 16:33:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ovalidal said: »
starts testing this fight

I laughed out loud.
By Ovalidal 2024-05-13 17:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodik said: »
starts testing this fight

I laughed out loud.

Everyone I've been in touch with whose interested in clearing these fights are still currently working on Oathsworn Blade.
By Ovalidal 2024-05-14 09:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Here's the first video I've seen on this MT. The encounter starts at 1:41:00.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-05-14 10:09:31
Link | Quote | Reply

When you link a vid from Youtube, make sure it's the standard video link from the video as it will be after the livestream ends. The sites BBC encoding is kind of old, so it'll only take links that have the standardized watch?v=JKxlVNMrH-A after the https://www.youtube.com/

:) Got your back though.
[+]
By Ovalidal 2024-05-14 10:25:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you!
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-05-14 11:43:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The encounter starts at 1:41:00
I lol'd. That's a long *** video man, cant you use words to explain how they failed?
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
Server: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2024-05-14 11:45:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »
The encounter starts at 1:41:00
I lol'd. That's a long *** video man, cant you use words to explain how they failed?

That PLD could have lasted 5 eva, the rest perhaps not so much.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-05-14 13:07:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »

Their HP reached 0 before the enemy's. DuH!
[+]
By Ovalidal 2024-05-22 11:05:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is a poorly translated write up that the player in the video above made for this Master Trial. Nothing ground breaking but hopefully someone finds it useful.

Quote:
The opponents are Bahamut and Chaos, and they are the perfect match for the finale of the Master Trial.
Bahamut confirmed the various special skills used in the Emperor Dragon's descent, but could only reduce it by about 10%, so he could not confirm the servant summon (Wyrm tribe summon). Just like when Chaos appeared in the Voracious Resurgence, he has been using powerful area-of-effect techniques such as eliminating all reinforcements.

High required accuracy, number of enhanced erasers, wide range of special skills

The required hit rate is around 2100-2200. It's quite demanding.
Both of them have range-enhancing eraser techniques, and they also use Dispellga. Is close-range sharpening hopeless unless you can block special skills with some kind of gimmick or tactic?

If you are far enough away from the range, you will be out of range of the special attack and will not be affected by the buff removal, so that may be the key.

Weak, keep, attribute resistance

It seems that you can enter the weak part once with the premise of hacking, but like other master trials, even if you enter it, it will be limited to 2 or 3 times, and after that it will disappear immediately.
It is not possible to confirm how effective TP reductions such as Muin are. Even if it were effective, it seems like he has Magic Acumen, so it would be necessary to stop the spirits as well.

I don't think it's that difficult to keep two with Nashield, but if you want to endure with two or three reinforcements assuming you can erase the reinforcements, you'll need to keep a close eye on special skills and spirits. We cannot deny the possibility that an accident may occur due to the special technique from Magic Acumen.

There was a fair degree of collaboration between both the light and the dark.
I wasn't able to identify the weak point attribute, but I get the impression that the weak point is 60% to 85% of the attribute resistance.

Remote or spirit...or

As it stands now, there is a possibility of ranged or spirit MB, or melee if Muin and Libin are effective.
Assuming that all attack methods are effective, should we focus on just one, or should we require multiple attack methods? First of all, we need to clarify the gimmick.

Original Write-Up:
https://leaguemili-com.translate.goog/blog-entry-3338.html?_x_tr_sl=ja&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2024-05-29 12:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried this a bit and came to the same conclusion as everyone else so far, it's not beatable without discovering some hidden mechanic that nobody has observed yet.

A few observations we made:

- One tank can tank both of them, but will take a lot of damage. For RUN, parrying helps a lot and Battuta gives great reprieves from incoming damage. PLD seems the better choice (Burtgang+Aegis, or possibly Duban if upgraded enough) as they can self heal more reliably due to MP recovery from their JSE, although they also took more spike damage including one time when they took over 2k from a single attack. A RUN that can Magic Fruit might be similarly effective, but as a RUN/SCH even with Tenebrae runes popping pulse every 60s, I was constantly out of MP from curing myself and from having my MP taken. That said, I wasn't using RUN Empy body so that may provide more adequate MP recovery compared to Adamantite, and regardless with a little healing support from the group I was able to survive just fine on RUN/SCH so I think both options may be viable if they can hold hate (we didn't fight the full 60 mins, just lots of little 10-15 minute test runs).

- Both tanks take a lot of damage and are constantly dispelled to the point that rebuffing is mostly pointless beyond maybe Phalanx and/or Cocoon.

- Chaos seems to really like Swooping Assault, a 20' AOE which does almost 1k to an Epeo RUN, even more to a Burtgang PLD, and can one-shot everyone else. I suspect this move alone takes melee setups out of the running, nevermind the dispelga spam.

- Several dispel moves are greater than 20' AOE. There are also several 20' AOE damaging moves, including some that I believe are centered on the tank. For positioning we had our tank take the wyrms to the side of the staircase in the back of the arena and wedge sideways in there with their back against the stairway. This allowed someone to heal the tank while being 20+ from both of the wyrms and the tank which allowed them to avoid all moves except the 25' dispels. The ranged attackers were able to hit the wyrms from 25' away and avoid all moves including dispels. It's possible for a GEO to stand within healing range of the tank at about 20.5, be out of range of everything except dispels, and still be within range that their Indi bubble will hit the ranged attackers that are standing further back at 25. (Bubble range is normally 6 so it requires careful positioning for everyone.) This positioning worked well for us because the tank does sometimes get terrored/petrified/etc and need some help from a healer. We generally had the BRD/WHM doing this duty while the GEO stood back by the ranged attackers to avoid losing their Indi bubble, then when BRD had to re-sing, the GEO would move up carefully and cover healing until the BRD was done. Between the BRD and GEO, one of the two always had to be ready to heal the tank in a pinch.

- Chaos definitely takes significantly increased damage from prime weapons which isn't surprising. It also seemed like Bahamut took reduced damage from prime weapons. This included things like nukes, stage 5 Opashoro nuked significantly harder than R30 Bunzi's Rod on Chaos, and seemed weaker than Bunzi's on Bahamut. We didn't test this extensively so I'm not super confident on this point, we were more focused on trying to find an elemental weakness and failed at that as well. Magic damage in general just doesn't seem like the way to go. Kaustra did land for 19k on Chaos without Rayke/Gambit/etc so I wouldn't totally rule this out, but it didn't look feasible. If there is an elemental weakness, it's probably a shifting one that doesn't stay the same for very long.

- Speaking of shifting, the wyrms seem to have modes, possibly tied to element. I once got petrified 4 times in about 60 seconds, and outside of that I think I was only petrified one other time in all our attempts. They also seem to go through bursts of casting lots of nukes and going hard, then calming down for a time. It could be this fight requires responding to their behavior in specific ways.

- Debuffs are all very hard to stick the first time, let alone subsequent casts, and Chaos was observed removing debuffs from himself fairly quickly. Keeping Distract up didn't seem feasible.

- Separating them with 2 tanks had no noticeable effect on the fight from what we could see.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-29 12:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Their main master trial mechanics lately seem to be requiring enormous numbers of buffs and also having aoe dispels that take away those buffs constantly. Very fun
[+]
By Ovalidal 2024-05-29 13:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
Tried this a bit and came to the same conclusion as everyone else so far, it's not beatable without discovering some hidden mechanic that nobody has observed yet...

Thank you for this write up! I don't know how relevant this will wind up being, but here are some notes about the original battlefields for these two:

In the tVR fight, Chaos pops benediction when his health hits 20% iirc. At some point he also get's damage reduction for the duration that his fetors are alive.

Bahamut in his BCNM summoned wyrms at every 20% of his HP. If I had to guess, it will be 'Oathsworn Blade-esque', he'll get DT. Does Bahamut start the battle out with auto-regen?
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2024-05-29 13:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

So Bahamut does get DT. The furthest we took Bahamut was like 56% but became unfeasible to take him further. After he Invincibled he seemingly gained -50% PDT and after he Elemental Sforzo'd he took what looks like -50% MDT and after using both he pretty much was taking below 10k WSs since no 1 hours.

This fight straight up is better than Oathsworn and seems more doable to beat. The only real thing stopping this fight from being beat is the question "how do we remove/prevent Bahamut's DT?"

Both Chaos and Bahamut have 18.5M HP each
Chaos did use Benediction which was a bit of a *** you, but unlucko.

To further elaborate on what Pergatory said:
Asura.Pergatory said: »
Several dispel moves are greater than 20' AOE.
Oppresive Yawp is a 25" full dispel and self cleanse used by Chaos centered around the tank making tank positioning important.
Chaos has access to Pellucid Surge around sub 50% which seems to be a hybrid 21"+ AoE

Bahamut has a 20"? Horrible roar - 4 buff dispel paired with aoe dispelga spell.

Chaos drains MP with Seeping Dread pairing with full dispels means maintaing MP hard - roughly 370~ MP per usage being drained.

Chaos gets access to Tenebrous and Luminous Surge around 70%~ and below, just AoE 20" light/dark based AoE.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-29 13:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe have to balance their HP like Ying Yang?
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2024-05-29 13:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

we tried, we took both to 60% and same thing happened. doesn't matter
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-05-29 16:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Did Chaos gain -DT?

Maybe gotta kill the medic hardcore? He's gotta be the medic right? Unless they also gave Bahamut 30k Cure VIs and such.
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-05-29 18:27:14
Link | Quote | Reply

At what phase in the fight does Chaos use Shinryu as a surfboard to run all over the arena while Bahamut suplexs a phantom train into the middle of your party?