user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2024-05-02 11:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a purple hallway
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-05-02 12:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sensarity said: »
Surprise! It's Takashi Kiryu, the new CEO of SE and totally not a Yakuza villain.
He's sad to announce that due to budget tightening measures, they have to pull the plug on FFXI.

It would be more likely that the mouse gnawed the cable and there isnt anyone to buy a new one for FFXI
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-02 12:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bold of yall to assume anyone even knows where the plug is.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-05-02 12:12:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Just follow the mold
[+]
By ilugmat 2024-05-02 17:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Guess the special guest!

There is a voice actress in Japan that loves to play FF11, she is often in these videos. It's her.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2024-05-09 16:58:33
Link | Quote | Reply

What are the mentioned "adjustments on bonanza prizes rank 1 to 3"?
I couldn't spot anything different.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/guide/nomadmogbon/index.html
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-09 17:04:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure about "adjust" but the last 2 items in each rank are new

They added W. Areuhat and Balrahn's Eyepatch (Skip nyzul or skip Einherjar)
Coffer (M. Ast.) and Coffer (S. Ast.)
Aurum Coffer and Alzadaal Table

Coffer(M.Ast) was in 2020's bonanza but not (S.Ast) so not newnew but been a minute

I assume M.ast gives few and S.ast gives many, or it's a typo and should be Heroism (it's both detritus in japanese)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Creaucent
Server: Ragnarok
user: Creaucent
By Ragnarok.Creaucent 2024-05-09 17:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Not sure about "adjust" but the last 2 items in each rank are new

They added W. Areuhat and Balrahn's Eyepatch
Coffer (M. Ast.) and Coffer (S. Ast.)
Aurum Coffer and Alzadaal Table

I assume M.ast gives few and S.ast gives many, or it's a typo and should be Heroism (it's both detritus in japanese)

It says the coffers give 99 murky and 99 astral which also raises the question of why add S Coffer when the M Coffer is clearly better.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-09 17:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

They don't know the difference and think they're different items.

I wish that was simple sarcasm, but lately
 Valefor.Philemon
Server: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2024-05-09 17:59:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I was gonna complain about Rank 3 not being worthwhile, then I checked beitetsu prices... And then I remember even Rank 3 is 10%. I take back anything positive I had to say.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2024-05-09 18:48:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Philemon said: »
I was gonna complain about Rank 3 not being worthwhile, then I checked beitetsu prices... And then I remember even Rank 3 is 10%. I take back anything positive I had to say.

With your main character + 4 mules, you can get a guaranteed Rank 3 (10 marbles, different last number for each). Meaning I am finally going to get an Alzadaal Table!!! It's R/E, but same account sendable (CanSendPOL flag). Complain about dumb cosmetic stuff all you like, I think it looks cool and I've always hoped for one from Nyzul campaign appraisal and never got one.

Also nice that they're continuing to intentionally time Bonanza marble sale periods with the free login campaign. Don't have to pay to reactivate my long since deactivated mules and buy marbles. By the time results are announced the free login campaign is over, but write those numbers down and if a deactivated mule wins a prize, $1 to reactivate for a month is plenty fine with me.

They added W. Areuhat and Balrahn's Eyepatch (Skip nyzul or skip Einherjar)

Also a big deal that both of these two are same POL account sendable, unlike the Cat's Eye.

TBH, Wyrmseeker is probably what I'd pick for a mule winning a rank 2. The other general best mule-sendable Rank 2 items are Omen bodies (I don't need any more on my main), Tartarus Platemail, or a Tumult Curator drop. Or get Shaper's Shawl and use it for crafting on that mule.

They don't know the difference and think they're different items.

I wish that was simple sarcasm, but lately

I'm curious whether that's a typo, since having a Coffer of 99 Murky Astral and a Coffer of 99 Swart is obviously pretty freaking dumb! 99 Murkies is a pretty good prize on a mule though, ~50mil worth of sellable items if you don't want the un-sendable R/E weapon. I'd prob choose that over anything else for a lv1 mule that I'm not interested in leveling.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-09 18:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Be careful, 10 marbles does not mean an automatic rank 3, you could win rank 2 and have 9 losers.

Even 20 won't absolutely lock it in. You could win rank 1 and rank 2 and have 18 losers. (Assuming you wouldn't purposefully pick down if you can)*

If you pick 000 through 009 you're almost certain to get rank 3, but not 100% certain
000 111 222 333 444 555 666 777 888 999 is about 99.99% certain but still not 100%
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2024-05-09 19:06:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Good clarification.

But I'll have 32 shots at it, so if I end up getting three rank 1-2 marbles and no table I will be OK with that result too :)

I guess I could make sure that third set of 10 doesn't duplicate the second digit either to guarantee it. But I'm a gambler, I'll take my chances on the unforeseen rank 1-2s lol.
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2024-05-10 05:12:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotta love the billing system / free to play. My account was cancelled yesterday at 4pm due to no Crysta for payment. Logged in this morning to see all characters active due to free to play, did stuff, went afk around 6pm come back to see I'm booted from the game. Free to play is gone from the account.
VIP
By Lili 2024-05-10 05:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jukiro said: »
Gotta love the billing system / free to play. My account was cancelled yesterday at 4pm due to no Crysta for payment. Logged in this morning to see all characters active due to free to play, did stuff, went afk around 6pm come back to see I'm booted from the game. Free to play is gone from the account.

It has always been the case that there is a cutoff date to be eligible for freelogin. It used to be a lot further back (like, the beginning of the prior month, so 30-45 days), nowadays it's a lot more forgiving but it's not a surprise that your expired-yesterday-account is not eligible.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2024-05-10 05:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you're misunderstanding, I was logged in for free login. Last night = no active content ID + couldn't play, this morning I had access to every character on the account, then in the evening they're gone again.
By ilugmat 2024-05-10 05:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you're misunderstanding, I was logged in for free login. Last night = no active content ID + couldn't play, this morning I had access to every character on the account, then in the evening they're gone again.

It's always been this way, they artificially make accounts active when they should not be. So if you do anything in the account page it goes back to it's proper state of not being active.

Happened to me numerous times.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2024-05-10 06:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

ilugmat said: »
So if you do anything in the account page it goes back to it's proper state of not being active.

Did not do anything in the account page. Account was already inactive, then free login started, then suddenly went away again.
By ilugmat 2024-05-10 06:15:41
Link | Quote | Reply

No crysta automatically cancels the character, which overwrites the artificial changes they made to the whole account to make them active. If you know free time is coming up you gotta top up crysta if a character is active and will run out during the campaign.
By Seun 2024-05-10 06:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

People get mixed thinking it's on during the event time and turned off at the end. All inactive accounts are granted their free login period once, at the beginning of the event. Any characters already active are still subject to their regular service dates.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-05-10 06:16:32
Link | Quote | Reply

No crysta automatically cancels the character, which overwrites the artificial changes they made to the whole account to make them active. If you know free time is coming up you gotta top up crysta if a character is active and will run out during the campaign.

Seun said: »
People get mixed thinking it's on during the event time and turned off at the end. All inactive accounts are granted their free login period once, at the beginning of the event. Any characters already active are still subject to their regular service dates.
He pretty clearly said his character ran out, then it activated for campaign, then it deactivated again. Since crysta bills all at once, it couldn't have tried to bill crysta.

Quote:
3. Character status under the inactive character options must be set to "Cancelled" status as of
Tuesday, May 7, 2024, at 11:59 p.m. (PDT).

Presumably something in their system is sloppy (maybe it activates all accounts on one pass then takes away the ones that were cancelled after may 7 in a second pass?), we know that for some reason they cannot just activate all at once.

But, it's not like they're going to reactivate it for you for free, and you were paying prior to that anyway, so maybe not worth overthinking it.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2024-05-10 06:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
He pretty clearly said his character ran out, then it activated for campaign, then it deactivated again. Since crysta bills all at once, it couldn't have tried to bill crysta.

Exactly this. You're right in that it's not worth overthinking it, but still annoying that it happened at all.
VIP
By Lili 2024-05-10 08:14:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Exactly this. You're right in that it's not worth overthinking it, but still annoying that it happened at all.

I feel you on the annoyance. Whatever mechanism they have in place for freelogin is clearly wonky (and has been forever), as it often activates and deactivates characters much earlier/much later than normal. A couple of years ago a friend managed to keep a character logged in for five days after freelogin ended. He was worried he'd get booted if he zoned at all lol. In the end he got DC'd by his ISP and couldn't log back in after.

So yeah. Wonky.

Now, on another subject entirely....

DID THEY JUST ANNOUNCE RACE CHANGES IN THE FRESHLY PICKED!?!?!?!?
By waffle 2024-05-10 08:25:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Scanning through quickly
Guest was Emiri Katou of course.
They announced ambuscades all the way through Oct.
Master trial is Chaos and Bahamust. Great Katana lightsaber.
Lots of information on vanabout changes which seem to be extensive.
Title hunters will want to get into the top 10 on the new vanabout rankings.
New odyssey campaign for meeting vanabout goals. Also unlocking Cornelia for 2 months.
Items that are same account deliverable will get a new icon.
AA equipment.
RoE objectives for Sortie.
Dynamis Divergence entry time adjustment.
Gamepad configuration stuff.
Race change.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-10 08:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Tonberries May
Sahagins June
Qiqirn July
Meeble August
Qutrub September
Dullahan/Pony October
The Master Trial
Vanabout is going to be GROSS. Fishing. Doing the "lost chocobo" quest. Doing "special battlefields"
Not enough time to look at the rest till later (and waffle posted most of it anyway)
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-10 08:40:41
Link | Quote | Reply

waffle said: »
Scanning through quickly
Guest was Emiri Katou of course.
They announced ambuscades all the way through Oct.
Master trial is Chaos and Bahamust. Great Katana lightsaber.
Lots of information on vanabout changes which seem to be extensive.
Title hunters will want to get into the top 10 on the new vanabout rankings.
New odyssey campaign for meeting vanabout goals. Also unlocking Cornelia for 2 months.
Items that are same account deliverable will get a new icon.
AA equipment.
RoE objectives for Sortie.
Dynamis Divergence entry time adjustment.
Gamepad configuration stuff.
Race change.

Holy ***this is (potentially) awesome! Ody campaign, Dynamis timer changes, and Sortie RoE are all exciting, I'm interested to hear about the details. Also interested to see what the changes/requirements are for Vana'Bout, and the rewards for if we complete it.

I doubt I'll do any race changes, except maybe some mule potentially, but not a big deal. Cornelia is always welcome, she's amazing.

I really should get around to doing some Master Trials...
[+]
By ilugmat 2024-05-10 08:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Race change is a big deal, that would require a lot of backend work and some website coding too. Could that be a translation error?
[+]
By Seun 2024-05-10 09:20:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Seun said: »

This wasn't directed. Just a general comment about this event causing confusion. Now we have a new way to miss out on the free login?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-10 09:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Going through all the effort of timing the lapsing of your subscription fee to correlate with free login just to save four bucks is hilarious.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-05-10 09:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Race change is a big deal, that would require a lot of backend work and some website coding too. Could that be a translation error?
Yeah. As cool as that sounds, I'm not holding my breath. I find it suspicious that after two decades with proper development teams they didn't do it, yet suddenly now that their annual budget is a thank-you card they're finally making it happen lol
First Page 2 3 ... 429 430 431 ... 433 434 435