Player warning: Dahui -- The sequel
 Asura.Daleterrence
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-05-04 23:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

*Wheels his stand into the thread*

Get your popcorn, get your popcorn here!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Kyhira
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Kyhira 2010-05-05 01:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny.

Someone makes a random thread with no proof what so ever saying

"ohai FBI wants this guy because he threw away virtual items"

And you believe it.

Edit: btw, I heard FBI is also investigating the bottings in ffxi. True story.
 Ifrit.Phlow
Server: Ifrit
user: Phlow
By Ifrit.Phlow 2010-05-05 02:16:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
This guy is comedy legend.

He even post family guy video

So original lolololol

umad?
 Sylph.Oddin
Server: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-05-05 07:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2010-05-05 07:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Kyhira said:
Funny.

Someone makes a random thread with no proof what so ever saying

"ohai FBI wants this guy because he threw away virtual items"

And you believe it.

Edit: btw, I heard FBI is also investigating the bottings in ffxi. True story.

Read the other threads, it has little do with throwing away virtual items and more to do with thousands of dollars scammed and falsifying notaries.
[+]
 Odin.Kalico
Server: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-05-05 07:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lmao people are so gullible i'm not buying the FBI ***that guy is spewing. Funny ***is he is posting about contacting the FEDS about scammers and foul play on the biggest RMT SCAMMING site(egs)... If the Feds actually get involved EGS is going down way b4 this player..and an admitted botter started this thread lmao(irony). So for a quick wrap up, a botter started a thread about a scammer who is ripping off cheaters,botters and scammers on the biggest rmt site(egs)and is trying to get the feds involved so they all can go down Lmao this is the dumbest thread i've seen yet.
[+]
 Ifrit.Phlow
By Ifrit.Phlow 2010-05-05 09:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kalico said:
If the Feds actually get involved EGS is going down way b4 this player..and an admitted botter started this thread lmao(irony).

Why? Didn't know it was against the law to buy virtual goods. I guess the iTunes is next~!
[+]
 Odin.Kalico
Server: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-05-05 11:50:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Phlow said:
Odin.Kalico said:
If the Feds actually get involved EGS is going down way b4 this player..and an admitted botter started this thread lmao(irony).
Why? Didn't know it was against the law to buy virtual goods. I guess the iTunes is next~!

Well thats a no brainer...obviously because SE is not getting a cut of the money being made from the virtual items and stolen accounts being sold through Egs site. Where as on the other hand the artists are getting a cut of the money being made off their music being sold on itunes....duh..8D
[+]
 Ifrit.Phlow
By Ifrit.Phlow 2010-05-06 14:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kalico said:
Ifrit.Phlow said:
Odin.Kalico said:

Well thats a no brainer...obviously because SE is not getting a cut of the money being made from the virtual items and stolen accounts being sold through Egs site. Where as on the other hand the artists are getting a cut of the money being made off their music being sold on itunes....duh..8D

Yes they are. They're getting $14.95 + $1 per mule per month. Hurr durr. That's their cut, that has always been their cut, and that will remain their cut unless they change their EULA.

Essentially it boils down to this: They are providing a virtual good/service (i.e. access to your character). They retain the right to revoke your privileges to said virtual good if you have broken their EULA. One of the misuses here is RMT, or real money trade. So, legally, all they can do to someone is discontinue business with this individual.

Virtual goods and services are bought and sold all the time, from anti-virus keys to stupid pet avatars. The resale of these items or services is entirely legitimate and unregulated by law.

I'm no real proponent of egs and lawl at the type of people that constantly get kicked off / buy a new account, but suggesting federal legal action can be taken against an entity for breaking a service contract that literally states "if this is broken, we will discontinue service" is kinda hard to grasp.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-05-08 13:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

After a while on FFXI forums, i'm genuinely, truly confused at the sheer number people who can't differentiate between the law and the Terms Of Service from a company