Forum » FFXI » General » New Server
New Server
 Odin.Marigrim
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Mmaarrii
By Odin.Marigrim 2008-12-10 18:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Well after reading such colorful commentary I guess I will toss my opinion in the pot of new servers. Yes I have now "test-drove" every single availible server in my transfer list and have developed a lot of personal opinions reguarding each; which I will not be listing here. Servers don't influence "nice","mean","greedy" or as I like to call the "God" complex. It's people, the individual on the server. So I had to poke around and get the %'s. Every server has those personalities so it's luck of the draw where the type of people you want to play with are located. I was torn for a time on which server I should choose. A blind recomendation would be either Shiva, or Ragnarok. They both seemed to me to be "warmer" to new people overall (now ofcourse there are "*** hats" on both as it was mentioned earlier) Shiva seemed to be smaller than ragnarok but quiet and peaceful. Now keep in mind this is from personal view not fact but I chose those servers. To be honest it was the posters to my thread that had the most influence, Anye played a large part in my opinion of Ragnarok - She was very kind to me on her posts and showed more concern for me personally than for making her server look better: Meaning for someone like that to be happy in their server more or less lends to the fact that server would have the greater balance of what I was looking for over what I was avoiding. I of course visited Ragnarok and found it to be much of what I expected - it's smaller than odin by far ~ but active enough, the people I met were more or less very kind and many more remembered reading my posts and wished me tidings of better health. I was looking for a place to be a wall flower while dealing with RL health issues, Ragnarok isn't really a place for wall flowers but I found it to be an all around "good" server. Shiva I found to be small and very friendly - Though it seemed there were quite a few more god complex types there than I would have expected. (This isn't so much a bad thing, they do tend to get things done and will lend their assistance to LS's and etc if it is of benefit to themselves which all in all is good even though in their opinion everyone is riding on the coat tails of their personal success; still people succeed with their help and the zeal of their personal strive for all around ffxi godhood) Those are my findings, there are many good servers but those two stood out the most as far as places I personally could find myself comfortable. I suggest visiting for yourself, You may find you share my views, you may find you do not.
Either way I wish you all the best on your search. As for anyone else posting an opinion, give some information, 15 seconds of attention for saying something random and unhelpful does no one any good at all. Try giving a true insight to your server, bad/good w/e I only hoped my slight insights helped some for the 10k posts you will get from people who are trying to say "this is my name I had nothing to say somebody check me!" Sorry I can't replace the insight of those 10k people who are going to do that

Mari~

P.S. 10k is a sarcastic exageration to point out the large volume of BS give me some attention posts to many of these forums.
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2008-12-10 20:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Somehow, I feel that Marigrim is attacking my views of what my server is like.

You are right about a few points in my posts though, but you fail to see that I was giving a true insight to my server, from my point of view. I also did say there are a few good people, but its rare to have somebody out of the blue just help anyone for the fun of it. Only time you actually have help is if it benifits you also, which I'm sure all servers have. But I'm also sure that people would help others just because, and help others more often than my server.

Just admit it, if you have actually came to Asura, and compared it to other servers, you would agree with me.
 Odin.Marigrim
Server: Odin
user: Mmaarrii
By Odin.Marigrim 2008-12-10 21:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
Just admit it, if you have actually came to Asura, and compared it to other servers, you would agree with me.

I did and you're right.

You're wrong however I attacked your views.

I don't attack anyone.

~ Mari
 Ifrit.Jamesglogan
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Jamesglogan 2008-12-15 10:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I apperiate the help a lot. What I think I should clearly clarify is my issue of Time zones. Butt head's in short of a looser term are going to be everwhere. I am not escaping people of the server I am escaping or trying to move to a Time zone senstive. Everyone on Ifrit is on EST. The entire server including the Japnesse work off this time zone and it drives me nuts. I have 2 little girls and a wife and I dont play while the girls are awake. I get on 8pm PST and everyone is already 1/2 done with missions or dyna, limbus, sky w/e. So if you can give me your view's out there of activities and times that people are running them I would greatly apperaite the insight.

Thank you so far to Marigrim for the full insight on the servers you have seen, and others that have answered the post.
 Asura.Moraine
user: moraine
By Asura.Moraine 2008-12-15 12:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Toabea said:
lol, Asura isn't the only server that has that issue.

But we have 24/7, at least for now that is.
 Asura.Jesyvut
user: Jesyvut
By Asura.Jesyvut 2008-12-15 14:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
Don't come to Asura

Everyone is either in the following:

A) ***
B) Bigger ***
C) RMT ***
D) Gilbuyer ***
E) Endgame ***
F) LS: 24/7 *** (yes, they get their own section of Assholery)
G) me
H) Newbies
I) Japanese
K) American (which differs from *** because they actually are nice)
L) European (same as above)
M) ex-RMT ***

If anyone does not fit in one of the above, then you are either lying or confused. or African, take you pick.

Totally forgot VIP... Isn't everyone in there RMT or associated with helping DH make money to buy a new Porsche? They get their own section too :)
[+]
 Bahamut.Pjohn
Server: Bahamut
user: Pjohn
By Bahamut.Pjohn 2008-12-15 15:00:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi there

If you are looking for a skilled and friendly LS
filled with events. Then maybe you should come try us here @ bahamut. We do sky, sea, limbus, and dynamis. Other things also like R pumps, KS 99, and o yea Soboro runs every few months.
If you are lacking sky or sea (sea mostly everyone has sky) we reguraly help our newer members obtain these.

we do events 5 days a week based on a 6PST 9EST start time. on the 2 days off people do nysle isle and salvage.

if you are intrested feel free to send a PM

GL

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Remora.Devek
Server: Remora
user: devek
By Remora.Devek 2008-12-17 00:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I heard Alexander has some of the most skilled linkshells in the game, you could try that out.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.