First Page 2 3
 Bahamut.Satanas
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2010-04-14 15:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello :), I am asking for help/suggestions on my guillotine set

I have 0 merits on scythe, having my other combat merits on GA GK and Polearm.
Also my Moogle hat has augment of STR+4 WS acc+15 / WS dmg+2% and AGI+4
Also i'm not sure whether to get Chaos gauntlets +1 or Chaos sollerets +1 first, or if i should get them at all? Any help/suggestions is appreciated.
By volkom 2010-04-14 15:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks pretty solid imo. in terms of upgrading drk AF. You don't really need the hands cuz you got hecatomb. maybe the feet cuz of the str+5 mnd+5 ws mods. or upgrade the helm for 7str :D
 Bahamut.Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2010-04-14 15:17:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks :), i wasnt sure of the +5 MND on feet was better than the 1 more str hecatomb leggings has, also if the +3str on burgeonet+1 is better than the ws acc and 2% ws dmg on moogle hat
By volkom 2010-04-14 15:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

well for me. I want hecatomb/chaos gloves +1. I don't like wsing using alky cuz of the -dex when i'm using scythe. but on the most part i use greatsword so....str str str xD
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-04-14 15:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

MKD hat beats AF+1, though AF+1 would be better for acc capped SE Guillo. I'd actually recommend getting the HQ hands anyway as they have a bit more accuracy than Hecatomb Mittens.

Perdu Sickle, WS gorget, maybe Bomb Core if you need it.
 Valefor.Argettio
Server: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-04-14 15:29:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Right,

It all comes down to where you use your DRK and what you eat, but you are probably low on accuracy. You hat's 15 acc makes up for your 0 scythe merits, but

You are certainly capped on G.colibri without food, so more accuracy would be a good idea.

So:
Chiv -> PCC or Gorget
Bomb core -> Bomblet
Heca -> AF+1 hands

That's should be enough to get you close to 400ish pre food (which is always a good number to aim for).

But it all comes down to what you do. If you only do limbus/city dynamis then your build is probably about right.
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-04-14 15:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Argettio said:
Right,

It all comes down to where you use your DRK and what you eat, but you are probably low on accuracy. You hat's 15 acc makes up for your 0 scythe merits, but

You are certainly capped on G.colibri without food, so more accuracy would be a good idea.

So:
Chiv -> PCC or Gorget
Bomb core -> Bomblet
Heca -> AF 1 hands

That's should be enough to get you close to 400ish pre food (which is always a good number to aim for).

But it all comes down to what you do. If you only do limbus/city dynamis then your build is probably about right.
*Disclaimer* I am not in any way shape or form someone to consult on gear. That being said:

What about Potent belt over warwolf?
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-04-14 15:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I have everything but HQ Black(Ares Legs atm) And the Rose Strap. Does this seem legit? (No Scythe merits at the moment just rocking Pizza)
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-04-14 15:46:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said:
 Valefor.Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-04-14 15:48:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dameshi said:
What about Potent belt over warwolf?

Yeah good swap, and virtuoso belt is also good option
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-04-14 15:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

One question I had though how do Ares compare to NQ Black Cuisses. A friend of mine was telling me Ares Legs aren't the best for DRK due to secondary mods for common WS being negative. (MND-3/INT-3) Any oppinions or math on that?
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-04-14 16:07:01
Link | Quote | Reply

If I had Ares legs and NQ Black I would be using Ares and not worring about the mnd-3/int-3.

Wait..does the attk+14 do more since Guil doesn't crit? Sacraficing 2 Str for 14 attk..hmm
By volkom 2010-04-14 16:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

attack is huge modifier for multihit weaponskills i thought?
 Valefor.Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-04-14 18:01:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ares Vs Black was brought up on BG today actually.

Ares wins if:

Your attack is capped, or your attack is over 700.

For any situation where you attack is lower than 700 and uncapped Black wins. When attack caps depends on the mobs defence, but for most mobs its around 700-800 attack (depending massively on debuffs etc).

So as quick rule of thumb you can assume attack caps around 700 and therefore; <700 attack = Black, >700 = Ares.

And for a normal ish DRK 700 attack = Chaos + Meat + Minuet or last resort.
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-04-14 18:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting..

Thanks Argettio

Hey can I ask a drk related questoin quick..

Until I get my Homam Pants which should I use to TP in Aurum, Askar, Black or umm...Adaman lol. Or are they all about the same?
 Asura.Andradi
user: Andradi
By Asura.Andradi 2010-04-14 20:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Interesting..

Thanks Argettio

Hey can I ask a drk related questoin quick..

Until I get my Homam Pants which should I use to TP in Aurum, Askar, Black or umm...Adaman lol. Or are they all about the same?

Askar is the most solid option there, more acc than others which might allow you to swap acc for haste (blitz ring?) in other slots (or simply get closer to cap). Also, none of that +damage stuff I still have to put up with. :<
 Valefor.Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-04-15 02:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Interesting.. Thanks Argettio Hey can I ask a drk related questoin quick.. Until I get my Homam Pants which should I use to TP in Aurum, Askar, Black or umm...Adaman lol. Or are they all about the same?

Andradi pretty much nailed it. Askar are a good option as are Aurum. I would use whatever you have as this should only be a ‘stop-gap’ item while you work on getting Homam

I would use the accuracy from the legs and then switch other stuff around (blitz as Andradi mentioned) or just to make up for the general lack in acc (depends on the rest of your gear).

Some DRK choose to TP in Black, but I never liked that idea (unless you are using dreadspikes offensively) as it just puts more stain on the healers for relatively little improvement in damage. And in all honesty a pre-homam DRK needs the accuracy.
By Sierran 2010-04-15 06:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my current guilly set

Ruby ring augment +4 att

I would suggest AF+1 hands. Keep the heca feet.

I would try playing with combos like using PCC instead of chiv chain if you missing a hit. (Sea gorget is prefered)

If you get a fire bomlet instead of the bore core then you could swap out your current head piece with af+1 for that extra STR.
 Bahamut.Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2010-04-15 13:20:14
Link | Quote | Reply

nice set, but even switching to bomblet over bomb core and MKD hat for chaos burgeonet+1 wouldnt give me the acc i need to land "most" of my hits. Unless diabolic eye is up. But is the 4str and 2% ws dmg on MKD hat weaker than 7str on burgeonet?
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-04-15 13:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe Fowling Earring over Ethereal Earring if you need more acc.
/tosses 2 gil in
 Bahamut.Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2010-04-15 13:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking this, but not sure how it works.
 Hades.Excelior
Server: Hades
user: Excelior
By Hades.Excelior 2010-04-15 13:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had it since it was released. I play drk every day and I haven't seen it proc outside of limbus/dynamis. Very disapointing imo. Still the 7 attack makes it better than other earrings. Assault/abyssal still wins though. Also the TP you conserve is pretty much never enough to shave a hit off your TP build. So you pretty much get zero benefit from it.
 Bahamut.Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2010-04-15 14:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Excelior said:

I've had it since it was released. I play drk every day and I haven't seen it proc outside of limbus/dynamis. Very disapointing imo. Still the 7 attack makes it better than other earrings. Assault/abyssal still wins though. Also the TP you conserve is pretty much never enough to shave a hit off your TP build. So you pretty much get zero benefit from it.

; ;, Are you serious? I thought it proclaimed every ws.....
That is very disappointing. But the extra 2att is better than the ethereal i have on. I just dropped abyssal to do DM for Bushi, but i feel like picking up Abyssal again lol. Not sure what to do now ; ;. I play all my 3 jobs equally being DD only lol (WAR DRK SAM).
 Valefor.Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-04-15 14:25:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Excelior said:

Only if you need the accuracy, if your capped, its extra attack.

Although I would use abyssal for TP, as the 4 acc might free up another slot for more haste or something.

Edit, sucks about the conserve tp tho
By Sierran 2010-04-15 16:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

If your acc is not doing too great then af+1 hands, PCC and postent belt, if you can afford it fire bomlet.

keep the head piece your using.

I fully merited Diabolic Eye and it was well worth it.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Server: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-04-15 16:42:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty nice set man, may I recommend changing to bomb core for a fire bomblet and the amemet+1 for a forages though :), an I prefer alky bracelets over hecatomb if you have enough acc elsewhere :D
 Asura.Atua
user: Atua
By Asura.Atua 2010-04-15 17:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I use...

I like using gorgets for ws as they increase damage for first hit and add 10 acc for each additional hit, so it's better then using a PCC for WS. Snow for Guil/Cross, Light for Inserg.

If you plan on sticking with Mol set, you don't have to worry about souleatter when WSing, but if you switch to perdu or ToM scythe, you could use AF+1 Head for Souleatter effect.
 Bismarck.Touvan
Server: Bismarck
user: Touvan
By Bismarck.Touvan 2010-04-29 07:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

My drk is only 70 atm, but what would be a good pair of hands to use in place of heca/af+1 for Guillotine til I get them?
 Bismarck.Juris
user: KatOtaku
By Bismarck.Juris 2010-04-29 07:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Black gloves! Good balance of STR and ATT. Remember, ACC>ATT>STR in Guillotine.

/wave bro.
 Bismarck.Touvan
user: Touvan
By Bismarck.Touvan 2010-04-29 07:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome thanks Kat.
First Page 2 3