Link | Quote | Reply

Poison Dust in Jugner.
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2008-12-09 05:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the caskets are a nice boost up, but doesn't replace the damage done to the camps, the camps shouldn't be a way of living but it is very helpfull for those little one players. theres tons of ways to make a living on the game, but if they turn them down one by one then too bad. and farming isn't too bad, it's relaxing if you turn on some music. I actually enjoy it

and the extra new gear that the casket brings is very good, specially the lower ones so it helps the starter players level up. i think its a genuious add.

but they need to add ways to make money, not easy i say but faster, we can't spend 10 hours making gil and 1 hour playing like I said, i don't think SE made FFXI for that pourpose.

and I'm happy for WOTG missions, can't wait for my mate to get back to the game so we can bang the missions. new furni! yay, I think SE should also name the new items brought to game, like linking us ;p make our lifes easier.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2008-12-09 06:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Uchisokonau said:
I actually found an ex/rare item in a Casket in W. Sara. It was a lvl 5 gun called Firefly for Thf/Nin/Rng/Cor with: 11 dmg, +1 Agi. and a delay of 600. This would make this gun the lowest lvl possible gun you could get in the game. Not bad add on either for only a lvl 5. To bad I've already lvl'd all 4 jobs it can be used for to at least 20 lol.

So the new rare/ex low level items they added can drop from these treasure caskets?! =o
 Seraph.Jessee
Server: Seraph
user: Jessee
By Seraph.Jessee 2008-12-09 08:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

My gf joined the game last night and was killing things as I was trying to give here a tutorial on the game. I left for a moment as she continued to fight and she told me she found a treasure chest ... I was like "wtf ... in Sara?" So I looked and it was actually a chest dropped off a mob some other character playing killed ... I told her not to click on it because it wasn't hers. Not sure if SE lets players click on other people's chests or not ... would kind of suck if someone else came up and yoinked your chest from you. Anyways, this random treasure chest thing is way cool. Wish I had it when I played for the first time 5 years ago. It should make things a little easier for her, especially since she doesn't have a subjob yet or anything. :)

For example a few fights earlier she picked up a temp potion, then she got a gob agro from behind her while fighting something else (this has probably happened to everyone, I hate it). Anyways, she kept fighting her current mob, killed it, used temp potion, turned around and kill gob. /cheer for temp potion and staying alive!
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2008-12-09 09:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I got a blue casket in Qufim,it spawned off /check Too Weak Acrophies,it had an Ether+3 in it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Scizor
Server: Ramuh
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2008-12-09 10:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone happen to have a list of all the items that were added during the update, or know of a site where i can view them?
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2008-12-09 10:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Scragg one of the admins made a forum showing them for this site. http://www.ffxiah.com/?new_items

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Scizor
Server: Ramuh
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2008-12-09 10:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

ahhhh super! thanks guys!
 Sylph.Uchisokonau
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Uchisokonau 2008-12-09 11:27:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bartimaeus said:
Anyone else the slightly ungimped level sync more? Eva, Enm, HPh and MPh. Not to mention the fact buffs don't wear when 'syncee' levels. Eh, I'm a whitemage exclusively so I'm probably the only one excited. XD

I'm lvling DNC atm so your not the only one to be excited. Going from 175 TP to 0 really sucks when you have to wait another mob to build up the TP needed to start your buffs/ routine again.
 Sylph.Uchisokonau
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Uchisokonau 2008-12-09 11:29:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Celestinia said:
Uchisokonau said:
I actually found an ex/rare item in a Casket in W. Sara. It was a lvl 5 gun called Firefly for Thf/Nin/Rng/Cor with: 11 dmg, +1 Agi. and a delay of 600. This would make this gun the lowest lvl possible gun you could get in the game. Not bad add on either for only a lvl 5. To bad I've already lvl'd all 4 jobs it can be used for to at least 20 lol.
So the new rare/ex low level items they added can drop from these treasure caskets?! =o

Some of the new ones yes. Most of the lvl 72 new items are crafted from Dark Ixion drops, but the lvl 5, 24, ex/rare drops all come from Caskets
 Alexander.Neph
Server: Alexander
user: Neph
By Alexander.Neph 2008-12-09 14:18:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's to hoping Ermine's Tail comes from a casket. :o
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2008-12-10 09:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Uchisokonau said:
Celestinia said:
Uchisokonau said:
Some of the new ones yes. Most of the lvl 72 new items are crafted from Dark Ixion drops, but the lvl 5, 24, ex/rare drops all come from Caskets

Hmm nice, will have to go casket hunting then...