Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Trial Scythe
Trial Scythe
 Hades.Excelior
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Excelior
By Hades.Excelior 2010-04-09 14:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone parsed the OAT scythe from trials or any of the others? Curious if it beats perdu/tredecim.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-04-09 15:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I can almost guarantee it will beat any other currently available scythe at the moment. Even the 105 DMG scythe.

I don't play anymore, otherwise I would already have that OAT one.
By volkom 2010-04-09 17:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got 93 DMG albion last night. thing's a beast
 Midgardsormr.Gias
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Gias
By Midgardsormr.Gias 2010-04-09 17:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said:
Just got 93 DMG albion last night. thing's a beast

Can't get 6hit with that delay though =/

Hades.Excelior said:
Has anyone parsed the OAT scythe from trials or any of the others? Curious if it beats perdu/tredecim.

Yes, as long as you can engage/melee whatever you are fighting.... the OAT weapon will beat all the other currently available options. It's supposed to have a 40% proc rate.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-04-09 17:56:59
Link | Quote | Reply

OAT weapons are beasts for Burn, however on HNM's or other difficult enemies where the Damage rating of the weapon can have a large factor in Damage-MobTP gain, the OAT's suffer quite profoundly. It depends totally on the target however. It's a reason I chose to Pursue the Severance(fire) instead of Ultimatum better to have both than yell loud enough to try and cancel out the other one's merits, but I wasn't in the mood to camp the NM's through the Ultimatum/Vengeance path twice.

Also, if you can obtain a high Double attack rating (Such as through corsair) then the Vengeance becomes somewhat of a moot point, but those instances are few and far between.
[+]