Forum » FFXI » General » Genkai 1
Genkai 1
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2008-12-07 09:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

How long does it usually take to get the 3 items for the first Limit Break quest?

It has taken 3 days just to get the Ancient Papyrus and we are on our second day of trying to get the Exoray Mold now without a single drop in about 10 kills :(
 Odin.Gensouryuu
Server: Odin
By Odin.Gensouryuu 2008-12-07 10:27:14
Link | Quote | Reply

the papyrus is a really crappy drop rate, but should only take a few hrs at most. Exoray mold and the bomb are relatively easy drops. G1 shouldn't take more than a day.
 Valefor.Mithano
Server: Valefor
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2008-12-07 10:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

You're already well past the normal drop rate. After the drop rate change a few months ago for those items, I've typically seen people get the drops in 1-2 kills for all three items.
 Gilgamesh.Xarchangel
By Gilgamesh.Xarchangel 2008-12-07 10:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

i just did g1 this morning for a friend, took about 2 hours total. Not to bad, went as whm/nin and had no problem at all. If you still need help, send me a /t in game. I can help. ^^
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2008-12-07 11:00:58
Link | Quote | Reply

We seem to be having the worst luck with it then judging by what you have all said here,either that or we're a bit rubbish :-}. We will be back in Crawler's Nest again tonight,hopefully we'll get the drop this time. Thanks for the offer of help Xarchangel,we may well take you up on it ^^
 Gilgamesh.Xarchangel
By Gilgamesh.Xarchangel 2008-12-07 11:19:02
Link | Quote | Reply

yea, np i should be on later, if not i will keep up chat window and watch for a /t. should not be to bad.
 Alexander.Neph
Server: Alexander
user: Neph
By Alexander.Neph 2008-12-07 11:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

At least the bomb coal is a 100% drop. (^_~)b
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
Server: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2008-12-07 13:24:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I did my Genkai 1 in about 3 hours total with travel time included with a thf and nin and me as nin. This is too easy be posting on the forums.
 Odin.Marigrim
user: Mmaarrii
By Odin.Marigrim 2008-12-07 14:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Kaioshin said:
I did my Genkai 1 in about 3 hours total with travel time included with a thf and nin and me as nin. This is too easy be posting on the forums.

Please educate us on proper posting etiquette, so we do not waste your genius on such simple issues.

Btw the genkai thing I had a nightmare time with the mold too :/ keep at it though and good luck! :) ~Mari
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2008-12-07 14:32:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I apologise for wasting your time Kaioshin,you didn't have to read the question though,let alone waste even more of your valuable time replying.
 Seraph.Sheerluck
Server: Seraph
user:
By Seraph.Sheerluck 2008-12-07 14:40:41
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

When I originally did my G1, the Ancient Papyrus was definitely my bane. Took 2 LV75RDM's and 2 LV75THF's over 7 hours combined between the four of them to get the item to drop. As of the update however, I do the G1 for anyone /sh in Jeuno and it usually takes me going as RDM/THF about 10 minutes per site to get a drop. Most of the time used to get these drops are from traveling.
 Odin.Marigrim
user: Mmaarrii
By Odin.Marigrim 2008-12-07 14:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Shayala said:
I apologise for wasting your time Kaioshin,you didn't have to read the question though,let alone waste even more of your valuable time replying.

Please allow me to further add to her apology, I myself feel terrible that we as forum posters didn't realize this fact sooner, Shayala what were you thinking posting such a simple issue here!? Didn't you know this forum is only for REAL problems! He would have shared his genius with us had you now taken up the very page he was going to use to finally tell us all how to properly handle PW and AV! You ruined it for us it's not often such a genius is found amoungst us and further one that will share their infinate knowledge! Shame shame shame~....

<3 Shayala GL :D

P.S. lol I'll stop now XD
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2008-12-07 20:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Neph said:
At least the bomb coal is a 100% drop. (^_~)b

To be honest, I have helped out a lot of noobs in Asura and my brief stint on Garuda. I think I helped a total of 15 people with quests up to G3. Out of all those, there was 1 bomb I had to kill extra because the coal did not drop (it wasn't much problem, I was a SMN/WHM who loved to sic Garuda after the bombs after they used berserk, best 5k damage ever done.)

Just letting you guys know, bomb coal is NOT a 100% drop, but damn near it enough to be mistaken as 100% drop (more like 90-95% drop).

-Korpg
 Gilgamesh.Xarchangel
By Gilgamesh.Xarchangel 2008-12-07 22:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL - Marigrim ^^
 Alexander.Harryxi
Server: Alexander
user: HarryXI
By Alexander.Harryxi 2008-12-08 01:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

1st off: Make for certain you're fighting the right mobs. (Yes, I admit I'm speaking from experience.)

When looking for the bomb coal, you'll have to pass thru the banishing gates. Alternatively, you can send a party member thru the back door if they have Wings of the Goddess. From the back door head south until you're in the underground cave-like part and you'll see lotsa bombs.

Exoray pop on the lower xp floor (not the maze-like floor, the big open one) of Crawler's Nest. Obtaining the map takes a fair amount of questing. There are a few exotay sprinkled around the place, but there's a little cove of them at H/I-8 if memory serves me.

Now comes the fun:
I found the most efficient way for me to find the papyrus is to make sure that the gates are turned so that I can run a big square and kill the Lich. It's not an exact square, but you'll see the mobs in the four rooms with the summon's doors. (idk how else to explain). The rooms of which I'm speaking are located at: F-7 H-7 F-9 H-9.

I hope this helps. Send me a PM if ya need clarification of if ya have questions.

btw, grats on lv 50.
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2008-12-08 02:31:21
Link | Quote | Reply

We are definitely in the right area for the Exoray in Crawler's Nest,our main problem is controlling aggro from beetles and elementals,we've had to call for /help twice now when the elementals have attacked.lol
We wiped out again last night when my friend went AFK for 5 minutes, while he was gone a beetle spawned right next to us and attacked-we home-pointed and then logged out.
As there are only two of us in the party (WHM/BLM and PLD/WAR) we just don't have the damage output to finish the fights quickly. My friend insisted we could do it without a full party (or at least one more player) but has now changed his mind :)
I think we'll be trying again tonight so if anyone on Gilgamesh is in the nest at around 9pm GMT keep your eyes peeled for a couple of dead characters.lol
Thanks for the advice everyone and thanks Harryxi for the grats on lv 50 :)
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2008-12-08 03:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahh wish i could help you out =/ i love killing those mobs, was so hard to get help when i hit lvl 50 now i can beat them so easy with blm, dont think drop rate was too bad either bout 20mins for exoray mold. Anyways, good luck!!! dont give up!! game gets so much better after G3 its well worth but so many people ive known give up on G1-3 :(
 Fairy.Lethewaters
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Lethewaters 2008-12-08 04:42:40
Link | Quote | Reply

By worst to best drop rate:
Papyrus>Ash>Mold
I've done G1 quite abit. It's taken anywhere from 3-12 hours. The best thing I could probaly say is have some sort of TH with you. Preferrably a THF main who can solo/duo most of the mobs.
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2008-12-08 05:56:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Thankfully we have the Papyrus,killing all the undead mobs helped me to raise my healing skill too,it was really low for my level but now is only 10 below cap :)
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2008-12-08 06:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Shayala said:
Thankfully we have the Papyrus,killing all the undead mobs helped me to raise my healing skill too,it was really low for my level but now is only 10 below cap :)

Awsome =D skillups ftw! Have you tried besieged yet Shayala? dunno bout healing magic but its great for capping other magic skills.

Good luck with your G1 and AF
 Gilgamesh.Xarchangel
By Gilgamesh.Xarchangel 2008-12-08 07:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

If i am on, i will come rng/nin and tear through those mobs with ease. Just send me a /t tonight if you see me on.
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2008-12-08 09:51:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Xarchangel, will do.^^
This is one of the main things I like about this game,people are willing to help the noobs.lol