AH On WoW - Maybe SE Should Implement Something Like That?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » AH on WoW - Maybe SE should implement something like that?
AH on WoW - Maybe SE should implement something like that?
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2008-11-27 21:11:02
Link | Quote | Reply

On WoW (I'm not a big fan of WoW) when you search for items on the AH you get to see each item individually, the person who is selling it, and get to buy the one you want. If SE did something like that for the AH on FFXI that might stop the RMT from trying to control the prices of popular high priced items. You can tell who a lot of RMT are just by their sales history (Buying everything out, selling to each other at low prices, then making sure the only ones up for sale at any given time are their own at the high prices they want). If you could see who you were buying something from, you could avoid buying from RMTs.
 Asura.Stolas
Server: Asura
user:
By Asura.Stolas 2008-11-27 21:20:37
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Bad idea. One of the main reasons I like FFXI over WoW is the annonymity. Not to mention, alot of people legitimately make money off the auction house. Put it to where you could see prices, and you'd see things constantly being undercutted beyond the point of recovering, which would hurt the economy more. Also realise that WoW is not like FFXI in the fact that a person can spend maybe a hour and make 100g, which in turn can buy alot. In FFXI, you have to farm and then sell on the AH, so FFXI is a ton more dependant on our AH than WoW is on theirs.
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2008-11-28 00:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I can kinda see where Bojack is coming from, but not everyone thinks the same way, sadly.... I would do the same, but other people might just opt to buy from undercutting RMT, seeing as it would be cheaper and more beneficial to them.