Forum » FFXI » NMs » Tethra
Tethra
 Valefor.Melari
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Melari
By Valefor.Melari 2010-03-18 17:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I know that Tethra levels up when you use Job Abilities on it, but does it level up if you use a Bloodpact on it? I'd really like to know because I really want the Bloodbead Gorget for my PLD and so I'm trying to find a good way to kill it. Any advice would be appreciated.^^
[+]
 Siren.Talonn
Server: Siren
By Siren.Talonn 2010-03-18 23:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Best way I have done it is.

PLD/nin draw attention best they can standing on outter rim on pop zone near the indent in the wall (you'll see it when your there)
WHM/nin supports PLD
RDM/nin supports tank PT
Brd/nin supports tank PT + sleep bombs

RNG/nin x3+ deal normal arrow damage, no WS to Tethra. Save TP and burn through the bombs.
COR/nin supports RNG PT - not needed, but helps

You can do it with 2 RNGs but the more RNGs the faster things go. Pull the bombs out of the room first and kill them, then start on Tethra. COR or BRD can sleep them as they repop and have the RNGs WS them. 1 Sidewinder should knock it dead on in the 15-30 range depending on the RNG... /nin is important because every action done to the mob will result in a counterattack on Instant cast Stone IV.
Of course a TH4 is useful for TH, but thats about it ^^
 Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2010-03-18 23:23:20
Link | Quote | Reply

BPs will level it up.
 Remora.Eriuddo
user: Eriuddo
By Remora.Eriuddo 2010-03-19 08:57:24
Link | Quote | Reply

MNK MNK BRD COR WHM RDM for tethra

1-3 people to deal with adds depending on job/skill, and a TH4

or, y'know, don't waste your time since no decent pld would use it anyway
[+]
 Leviathan.Tamian
Server: Leviathan
user: Jumatelo
By Leviathan.Tamian 2010-03-19 09:17:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Eriuddo said:
or, y'know, don't waste your time since no decent pld would use it anyway

This.....

I wouldn't change my Parade Gorget for this piece...
 Leviathan.Syla
Server: Leviathan
user: Syla
By Leviathan.Syla 2010-03-19 10:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

No one said to scrap your parade gorget for this piece. It's nice to have both. For fights like in sky when everyone starts w/ 300 tp it's nice for the PLD to have an HP build to lay down a nice spirits within then switch to his regular tanking gear. Besides, it's the best HP piece a DRK can wear for a SE+BW zerg.
 Midgardsormr.Brayen
Server: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Brayen 2010-03-19 11:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Talonn
any action does not cause a insta stone 4, only spells are countered with insta stone 4. don't see a need for sub nin for everyone cept melee like normal as Grim Halo sucks along with being able to eat a single target spell is good. Basically, mages shouldn't need /nin in my opinion. If you can get enough rng to zerg it around 45% it would be best as manafont is awful when combined with these fomors lame hate mechanics.
As for BP i do think they will not only level it up as someone said, but from what i hear pet drawing hate causes the NM to go for the master instead.
 Valefor.Melari
Server: Valefor
user: Melari
By Valefor.Melari 2010-03-19 15:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Thankyou for advice, I'll ask my LS sometime if we can kill it^^
 Remora.Eriuddo
user: Eriuddo
By Remora.Eriuddo 2010-03-19 18:32:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Syla said:
No one said to scrap your parade gorget for this piece. It's nice to have both. For fights like in sky when everyone starts w/ 300 tp it's nice for the PLD to have an HP build to lay down a nice spirits within then switch to his regular tanking gear. Besides, it's the best HP piece a DRK can wear for a SE BW zerg.
People still use PLDs in sky? Or bother saving TP for that matter?

It's for DRK, wasn't denying that.. but it's a complete waste to give it to a PLD.