First Page 2 3
 Fairy.Blackmist
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2010-02-26 23:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

ok. Before anyone starts saying how easy he is, and or how Sky is over rated =P

I'm Just wondering what the "best" way to go about solo'n this NM as RDM (preferably)

I.E Gear - Swaps - Spells - SJ - food

Atm my RDM is decent for a solo Melee build (I know lol rdm melee)

anyway, im wondering what the most ashured way to do this is, I Could Research it on wiki, witch i'm going to, but i would also like some imput from ya'll

at the moment, I think i'm More or less going to Kyte Nuke him, I don't have enough DMG Reduction *Recently got the jelly ring*

i have 1/8 enfeeb merits, 2/8 Elemental. 4/4 Eva, 4/8 Mp, "um" Ice Potency 1/1 and paralyze II 1/1 4/8 (almost 5/8) Sword

*I Rarely merit*

I Have all the RDM spells (Cept a few lvl 15 Bar spells.)

I Figure, if i RDM/Nin, Shadows will save me, but i think Gen has a Aoe, but it would help with a small INT Boost for my DOT and Grav (Dot, being Bio II, and poison II)

If i RDM/BLM, that will give more MP & INT. and give me Rasp and Burn, "If i remember my blm spells Correctly"

If I RDM/BLU, that will also give some more MP, INT,VIT, and Def boost, *P4, Cocoon, gives about 550 def, + Taco and im close to 770*

any other info thats needed, just ask,

Gear Wise. I have Full AF 1. Relic body and hands, Enfeeb Tourq. and a HQ Ice staff... >.> only gear of importance i can think of atm.

Thanks in advance!
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-02-26 23:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Cast Bio III, run to the other side of the platform, and afk for about 5 minutes >.> Lather, rinse, repeat. Other than nuking, there's not much else RDM can do besides Bio and poison II.
[+]
 Valefor.Sketchkat
Server: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2010-02-26 23:25:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't take any special precautions...just rdm/nin, barwater, kite him around the large bushes with bio, Thunder III when he stopped to cast flood, move far away from waterga III, and slowly wait for him to die. That's it. Oh, and bring lots of antidotes.
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2010-02-26 23:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok. Well, Would Silence help at all?

guess i need to Merit Bio III

thx
 Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-02-26 23:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally haven't tried but I'd be surprised if you could stick Silence on Genbu with that gear. No offense. Lol.
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2010-02-26 23:44:44
Link | Quote | Reply

No offence Taken

but ive Surprised my self some times

i know i dont have the best gear but i can make due =]

now its only a matter of Farming the pop items, lol

*as to the antidoes, Ya think Stoneskin & regen would effectively counter poison III? I mean, if i stay outa his range w Grav dot & random nukes i should be safe
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2010-02-26 23:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

You want to save as much MP as possible, hence the antidotes.
 Sylph.Oddin
Server: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-26 23:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

SS + Regen aren't going to be good enough for poisonga III. You're better off having antidotes. Also, you have to get in range of it to cast spells and mobs' casting range are much larger than ours. You WILL get hit by poisonga. A lot. Also, are you solo farming the pop items for it?
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2010-02-26 23:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

True. but even if im aloted enough time for 2~3 Ticks on MP regen, with my Dark staff, Vermy, Other belt i forget the name of, and refresh, I shoulnd't have to much trouble w Mp *Hopeing that Grav. sticks for a "long time" and im able to stay away from the ***. =P Atleast I can make Antidoes, I think.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-02-26 23:52:14
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can solo Zip, should have no problem with Genbub.
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2010-02-26 23:53:15
Link | Quote | Reply

*pfft* Knowing Fairy. Yea. Ill be solo'n the Pop items

Most likely I'll go on My Nin (Imo, It's much better geared. Mainly for Eva Tanking)

But if i ever manage to get my so-called Friends to help, then thats an other Story,

*look'n on Wiki Atm to re-check what drops the items been for ever. I Really hope its not MG or Fause *If I remeber my Sky NM's correctly
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2010-02-26 23:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Well Ill need ALOT more RDM merits befor I Really think about Solo'n much in sky.

I Was still hopeing to go 5/5 Paralize II slow II Ice / Earth Potency

but, if im going to need Bio III that kills my orginal plan lol
 Siren.Terpsichore
user: Stewie
By Siren.Terpsichore 2010-02-26 23:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bio II, run. You could kill Genbu at 41 RDM.
[+]
 Sylph.Oddin
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-26 23:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Olla + Zipcna drop the two pop items. You will not solo Olla and Zip is a hard solo.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-02-26 23:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Convert Recast >> Earth Potency for soloing except maybe Suzaku.

EDIT: The Ollas are soloable; it's just a huge pain in the ***, takes ages and is dangerous.
 Phoenix.Airbag
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-02-26 23:57:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Blackmist said:
Well Ill need ALOT more RDM merits befor I Really think about Solo'n much in sky. I Was still hopeing to go 5/5 Paralize II slow II Ice / Earth Potency but, if im going to need Bio III that kills my orginal plan lol

you dont need bio3 you just need a lot more patience without it
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2010-02-27 00:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

not like i have anything better to do

As to not being able to solo the Nm's You might be right, but you never know I Might get lucky..

*Where the *** is Cura when you need her -- (Asumeing since she was always Server jumping, some one Might know here as well lol) *

I can still Try none the less :D
 Bismarck.Aryden
Server: Bismarck
user: Aryden
By Bismarck.Aryden 2010-02-27 00:07:16
Link | Quote | Reply

be prepared to spend a few hours on it. Nin/Rdm took me 4 hours 19 mins. i had to take a poo about 40 mins into the fight, so... it was a LONG miserable ordeal. And i got a seal, shell, wind and oxblood for my troubles.
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2010-02-27 00:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Well Thanks for the Advice ^_^ ill check back in the mornning, and I guess Try to Merit RDM some time this weekend. *If i find my self able to get a Merit pt... Lol Average 75 LFP on Fairy 9-15 *
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-27 00:09:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I would almost consider not subbing nin for this. It's not like you should get hit with any melee attacks and flood is easy to avoid. Or you could just eat it with a decent water resist set and barwater. Help him run out of mp faster
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2010-02-27 00:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Aryden said:
be prepared to spend a few hours on it. Nin/Rdm took me 4 hours 19 mins. i had to take a poo about 40 mins into the fight, so... it was a LONG miserable ordeal. And i got a seal, shell, wind and oxblood for my troubles.
I ... Bet... Well Um!! ill make shure to take care of any Major Bodly functions...

... Atleast im not fighting Maat. EVERY Maat fight ive had... Even if i had recently gone to the Bathroom or not >.>.. I still find my self haveing to Piss as soon as i enter the BCNM :D
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2010-02-27 00:10:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
I would almost consider not subbing nin for this. It's not like you should get hit with any melee attacks and flood is easy to avoid. Or you could just eat it with a decent water resist set and barwater. Help him run out of mp faster
I was Actualy thinking /BLM for more INT and more luck with DOT. and or /WHM for more MND and Poisna :D Ight Night Gui'z und Galz
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-27 00:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I was thinking /sch for well poisona lower casting cost and more elemental skill for those occasional nukes, maybe even some aspir and draining. Sure you wont get much but its a long fight and getting genboob to run out of mp faster is kinda nice. Fight gets really simple when all it does is stumble after you and cast drown.

Otherwise normally I think it takes like like 3-4 hours for it to get that low on mp. Or so I've heard
[+]
 Shiva.Andytheraven
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Andytheraven 2010-02-27 00:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Blackmist said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
I was Actualy thinking /BLM for more INT and more luck with DOT. and or /WHM for more MND and Poisna :D Ight Night Gui'z und Galz

you will be getting hit when passing him up to run to other side, also having /nin with help recast buffs and/or cast on him while he dose flood. as for /blm bio is something that just doesnt miss, and you not going to get poison on him much if ever it being a water spell which genbu is strong against. I would suggest nothing other than /nin to solo genbu. by the way dont need gravity genbu already moves slow enough to outrun without movement speed, which is why any job with some sort of rng atk can solo him
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2010-02-27 00:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

sam/nin can officially solo him :D
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-02-27 03:03:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Blackmist said:

I have 1/8 enfeeb merits, 2/8 Elemental. 4/4 Eva, 4/8 Mp, "um" Ice Potency 1/1 and paralyze II 1/1 4/8 (almost 5/8) Sword

You gonna need more than this if u wanna land gravity on him, not that u really need it, he moves slow anyway

And u dont need /nin really just keep barwater up and if u did happen to get hit by flood blink will take it
 Sylph.Hitetsu
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-02-27 03:09:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said:
You gonna need more than this if u wanna land gravity on him, not that u really need it, he moves slow anyway

And u dont need /nin really just keep barwater up and if u did happen to get hit by flood blink might take it

Fixed that for you.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-02-27 03:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't blink 100% for spells but very unreliable for melee hits?
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-02-27 03:30:12
Link | Quote | Reply

For spells yes, if he gets close enough for genbu to physically hit him he aint running fast enough
 Sylph.Hitetsu
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-02-27 03:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not 100% for spells, I've been hit with lots of Spells while I have blink up.

And no, I'm not on about -ga's.
[+]
First Page 2 3