users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Djinn Camps
Djinn Camps
 Fairy.Joachim
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
By Fairy.Joachim 2010-02-24 08:42:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Curious about the new Djinn camps people have been using. I understand the Djinn gets 100TP from casting an ele spell that is the same as the current day (ie Earthdays -> Stone). Does this work for Nin spells as well? Guides I've seen recommend subbing rdm or sch, but just wondering if anyone has tried using /nin.
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-02-24 08:44:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Joachim said:
Curious about the new Djinn camps people have been using. I understand the Djinn gets 100TP from casting an ele spell that is the same as the current day (ie Earthdays -> Stone). Does this work for Nin spells as well? Guides I've seen recommend subbing rdm or sch, but just wondering if anyone has tried using /nin.
I'm not sure if nin works or not, but 45 second recast is what kills the idea of using nin spells. You need to spam the correct element spell in order to get the djinn to self-destruct.

Light's day works best with dia :D
 Fairy.Joachim
By Fairy.Joachim 2010-02-24 08:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dameshi said:
I'm not sure if nin works or not, but 45 second recast is what kills the idea of using nin spells. You need to spam the correct element spell in order to get the djinn to self-destruct. Light's day works best with dia :D

Ah, never really used the ele wheel on nin, glad I asked before buying all the tools, 45 sec recast is way too long. Thanks.
 Garuda.Darkfurycult
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Darkfurycult 2010-02-24 09:35:26
Link | Quote | Reply

i used djinn camp in east ron s on my bst 45-49
nice camp for a bst pt of 4-6 ppl /bst also works if you have bst high enough lvl having bst sub a mage job for ele nuke works also
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-02-24 09:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You can do it with smn too, but it's much more difficult. BST is the way to go. Multiple BSTs make it better.
 Fairy.Joachim
By Fairy.Joachim 2010-02-24 10:19:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea the Djinn camps sounds like really nice exp, my bst is 67 atm. Just don't have rdm or sch subs leveled, could try blm.. but no healing is risky and likely just force more resting, slowing things down.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [55 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Simplywill
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Simplywill 2010-04-20 13:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Elemental Ninjutsu will work. But as a BST/NIN, you'll have access to tier 1 ninjutsu only. These have a very, very long recast time and pull a great deal more enmity then some spells (dia, stone being my favorite days to do this.) Even duo'ing these with another BST/NIN, you'll struggle to trigger Nocturnal Combustion consistently.

Also this would leave you with no way to trigger lights and darks day, though proper planning would make this a nonissue.
 Asura.Carnivor
user: Carnivor
By Asura.Carnivor 2010-05-12 07:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

ive leveled tons of levels on djinns. been hands down the best exp ive had on bst.

we did duo/trio in ronfaure if you dont have sch, sub blm, didnt have a problem with that at all. rdm lacked some spells to make it good at that level (blizzard and thunder).

i started the vunkerl amp at 64 subbing rdm, did this solo or duo. there is a spot where you can kite the djinn easily during pet swaps if you fail to trigger nocturnal combustion. Right back at the entrance at the passage there is a wall with crabs and pugs surounding. i even kited an ele until it lost aggro around that thing. NPC pathing makes it travel a greater circle around it, so it wont catch up with you. just be aware of when it turns around going the other direction.

on average i got combustion every 1-3 tp move in vunkerl.
 Sylph.Rawkhawk
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Rawkhawk 2010-05-12 07:47:36
Link | Quote | Reply

(Joachim reborn after Fairy merged with Slyph)

So /blm works well then? I have BLM leveled, just lack of healing magic made me worried about doing it. I might have to give these a shot, campaign battles on BST are getting expensive.
 Asura.Carnivor
user: Carnivor
By Asura.Carnivor 2010-05-12 08:32:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Rawkhawk said:
(Joachim reborn after Fairy merged with Slyph)

So /blm works well then? I have BLM leveled, just lack of healing magic made me worried about doing it. I might have to give these a shot, campaign battles on BST are getting expensive.

i dont recomend soloing these djinns (ronfaure) with any sub. while you might get lucky, for a while, that luck tends to run out.

if you duo or trio, just make sure you have a /sch with you or otherwise some sort of regen.