Forum » FFXI » General » Gil Skiming
Gil Skiming
 Carbuncle.Tellahchan
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user:
By Carbuncle.Tellahchan 2008-11-01 23:13:06
| Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

I recently took up gardening again as an easy way to make a few gil, a few times a week.

I was saddened to note a player buying out the San D'Oria AH of Chocobo food items. These items were put up for about 80 gil less than an NPC would have given for a stack, pre AH tax.
So some guy is depriving Sandy of chocobo food for a measly ~80 gil per stack of food. Just so wrong...
I put a few stacks of what I'd managed to grow up for JUST SLIGHTLY more than NPC value in hopes that a few players can feed their chocobos for awhile...
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2008-11-02 21:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

This has been happening as long as I can remember, although it used to be crafting items from the guilds, and medicines from other NPCs. I don't think there's much to be done about it aside from the existing limit on how many items an NPC will sell in a given day, and I don't understand how putting items up that are more expensive than the NPC helps anyone in this situation.

- - -
edit: bah, I misread your post and got the situation backwards. I thought you meant buying out the NPCs and selling on AH. feel free to ignore me. >_<
 Carbuncle.Tellahchan
Server: Carbuncle
user:
By Carbuncle.Tellahchan 2008-11-02 22:29:11
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

So players who actually need the food for their chocobo will be able to buy it, becuase unless the guy is really bad at math, he isn't going to bid over the npc amount.
*goes to check on that*
Yeah more low priced stuff has gone up, and mine are the only ones left.
I did have one sale to a different person, so I'm happy.
I realize this is nothing major, it just irks me because I like chocobo raising and if I wasn't able to get the food I wanted for my choco I'd be annoyed.

Wow... I just checked this guy's buying history... this is all he does, buys underpriced items and NPCs them.... RMT~
http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=1203337
 Kujata.Galatea
Server: Kujata
user: Galatea
By Kujata.Galatea 2008-11-03 03:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yunana (Kujata) does this all day long to Jeuno/WG AH~
Server: Hades
By Hades.Babygrimreaper 2008-11-03 12:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Theres usualy one on every server, buys stuff of the AH and sells to a NPC for little profit.

To Fix this: Dont Sell Items so cheap!!! :)
 Odin.Evilchris
Server: Odin
By Odin.Evilchris 2008-11-03 15:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

On Odin, for a while there have been a few select people in Sandy attempting t buy out all the Chocobo items from the AH, then bazaaring them outside the stables at ridiculous prices.

One of them selling Single Vomp Carrots and Zegham Carrots at 30k a piece at one point (yes that's 30,000 Gil) And another for 10k a piece. These are only a few items overpriced on their bazaars. But typically when watching the AH i found that they were buying large quantities, usually as much as was on there and then trying to bazaar them at the huge prices. Screwing over anyone who wants to raise a Choco.

Luckily, being as popular as an item as it is, plenty of gardeners were putting them on the AH for others to buy, whilst the monopolisers were not aware, and kept the items available at regular prices during at least some of the hours per day. Now it seems ad gardening has become more popular these monopolisers have been unable to control the items as effectively as in the past.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [30 days between previous and next post]
 Alexander.Jammingjamie
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Jammingjamie 2008-12-03 23:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Tellahchan said:
Wow... I just checked this guy's buying history... this is all he does, buys underpriced items and NPCs them.... RMT~ http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=1203337

what makes him RMT? several of my friends do it too, i do it, a 100+3 cooker i know does it. it could be a AH bot, which once again how is that rmt? Its like calling the guy who stands in front of the pay warp taru selling silver's rmt.
 Alexander.Neph
Server: Alexander
user: Neph
By Alexander.Neph 2008-12-04 14:26:13
Link | Quote | Reply

You can just do Chocobo Racing and the Hot and Cold mini-game for chocobobucks which you can exchange for cheap/free food for your chocobo.

User submitted image
 Unicorn.Tavlov
Server: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2008-12-04 15:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

The best way to fix that is to stop buying NPC items from the AH.