Bastok Let Get Control Over Sarutabaruta

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Midgardsormr » bastok let get control over sarutabaruta
bastok let get control over sarutabaruta
 Midgardsormr.Helbafx
Server: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: helbafx
By Midgardsormr.Helbafx 2010-02-14 14:03:43
Link | Quote | Reply

now that we got ronfaure i say we get sarutabaruta for all the bastok people who need it. who is with me?
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Hkr
user: HKR
By Midgardsormr.Hkr 2010-02-18 16:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently you don't realize what an investment it is in taking a starter area.

I was the one primarily responsible for the Ronfaure takeover (Before anyone says I wasn't the only one, yes I know you probably leveled there during the week, yes I know some of you probably traded in items too. But once you see my numbers you'll understand).

Using my woodworking 76 mule, I spent the early part of the week making bolts and trading them in until I started getting diminished returns. (Instead of getting greatly increased influence messages, I was now getting moderately influenced). I then switched up my game and spent the rest of the week camping the AH for items that were close to a ratio of 1:1 AH to NPC price. At the end I was even getting diminished returns on all armor and weapon types.

Here is the breakdown of what I spent:
Quote:
-300k spent on crafting supplies to craft acid bolts. About 2/3rds of each craft returned at least a +1 result.

-300k misc items across four characters. I could have AH'd them but it would have taken forever and this is a more worthy investment I think.

-700k trolling the AH. I went down the AH list and compared the AH price to the NPC Price on wiki. I bought any item that was close to a 1:1 AH to NPC ratio, though to be honest a lot of purchases were closer to 2:1. At this point I was too far invested to turn back and went all out.

So yes, while someone turning in even 100k in items probably did budge the bar a bit, I can safely say that 95% of the influence gained by bastok in ronfaure last week was because of me. I do want to do this with saruta sometime soon, but I can't afford to drop that much for something one of my two characters already has.
 Midgardsormr.Merton
user: Mert
By Midgardsormr.Merton 2010-02-22 01:12:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Somebody must understand, because we got it. Madness! Big thanks to everyone involved.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-02-22 02:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm From Caitsith, and I just want to say Congrats to you guys on Midgardsomr.

What it feels to have all the areas is really a nice feeling, and to the ppl that helped out, Way to go!! "

Some times it can feel like a burden to do this on your walletbook, but sometimes it can reap beneifts in some other ways.

I on the other hand wasn't in charge of our Bastok Take overs of W. Ranfaure or W. Sarautabaruta, but I want to say here that I want to thank the ppl who did, if it was people I didn't get along with or not, regardless, sometimes its nice to thank anyone who helped did this, regardless.

again, Congrats!!
[+]
 Caitsith.Zabimaru
Server: Caitsith
user: Zabimaru
By Caitsith.Zabimaru 2010-02-22 03:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

There's something about getting those OPs that really makes you feel good, like you accomplished something big. I was part of the Windurst team that took over Ronfaure and Gustaberg back to back last year on Caitsith and it's something I always remember when I'll look back on the game, not to mention that having those OPs have served me well.