Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-01-27 23:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm about to fight Maat soon at 66. And I think I will follow this strat:
Quote:
A lot of Dark Knights have had much luck using a seperate strategy against Maat where like normal you sleep yourself to 100 TP. Use a Blink Band walk up to Maat, the next part requires some quick timing but is fairly easy. Use Last Resort & Souleater. Carbonara is an excellent food choice here, the HP bonus is great for Souleater while still getting a hefty attack bonus. Face away from Maat and pull out your weapon. Turn Guillotine, Icarus Wing, Guillotine. If you have good equipment he should go down on the second Guillotine and you should still be alive. However it is still advisable to carry a great many hi-potions. Maat will usually use Blood Weapon between your first and second weapon skill. If he doesn't go down with the second weapon skill, you could very well be sunk at low health and him with blood weapon active you have to down potions before you can run away which will allow him time to regain some health

With the use of blinkband and stoneskin neck. And plan to macro in Mst.Cst. Bracelets and try to sleep him if he dont go down after 2 ws's so i can recover and hopefully his blood weapon will wear off by the time he wakes up.

This is the gear i plan using. And would like some input from ppl who has beaten DRK Maat @ 66 before.

Bahamut.Dracondria
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2010-01-28 00:04:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Follow that strategy and stun him when he uses 2 hour and then smack him with another Guillotine. If he doesn't go down just melee him a bit until he does. You can pop 2 hour if you want and keep him stunned with weapon bash too, helps quite a bit.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-01-28 00:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

hehe ok, gonna try for this then. working on the last super slow 2k exp in campaign, then its time to get the test. iirc I used to get about a milling DRK tests while farming demorn horns.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2010-01-28 01:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously DRK66 Maat was too weak. Like that strat says, Sleep 100% TP, Soul Eater, Last Resort, Blood Weapon, engage, Guillotine, TP Wing, Guillotine. Done. If you like open with Drain II, but you honestly won't need it. Bring a Vile Elixir (~15k on my server) just in case.

I wouldn't worry about carbonara. Grab accuracy food. I just used Sole Sushi. Good luck on one of the easiest Maat fights!
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-01-28 08:25:01
Link | Quote | Reply

This fight officially suck. I've lost 3 times in a row now following this strat, thinking i was just unlucky the first...and the second time.

My ws's are doing ~1k each and he still dont go down, start stunning me with stun and maat bash, even using vile and vile +1 didnt help. His bloodweapon is killing me, hitting me for roughly 250 per hit. I've tried to both sleeping him and binding him with enfeeb skill @ 225 but he resists. 2nd fight i absorb-tp on him for a whopping 7 tp. I have no idea how to make this work.

And no, I did not SMN burn DRK lol, and yes my scythe skill is capped. Just wanna get this out of the world so i can sell of all DRK gear, and then never have to touch the job again. actually would be tempting to go and de lv DRK to lv 4 (or is it up to lv 5 where you dont lose exp from dying?) once I've beaten maat with it D:
 Siren.Evilunknown
Server: Siren
user: EvilLarrE
By Siren.Evilunknown 2010-01-28 08:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't use souleater:

Sleep to 100 TP
engage ( turned away from maat )
Absorb-Vit
WeaponSkill
Stun
Absorb-TP
Smack till you get 100 TP ( be prepared to Weapon Bash when he 2 hour )
Weaponskill
Wing
Weaponskill
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-01-28 08:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Evilunknown said:
I didn't use souleater:

Sleep to 100 TP
engage ( turned away from maat )
Absorb-Vit
WeaponSkill
Stun
Absorb-TP
Smack till you get 100 TP ( be prepared to Weapon Bash when he 2 hour )
Weaponskill
Wing
Weaponskill

Did you use last resort and/or blood weapon?
 Leviathan.Leonstrife
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Leonstrife 2010-01-28 10:57:34
Link | Quote | Reply

You dont really need to boost your att or acc for this fight since maat is basically you but good with h2h. you can actually cover bases pretty decently using defense gear and a tav taco since your JA's increase your damage ouput fairly high and so do your job traits. you can start with sleeping to 100 tp go in and absorb vit or str your call (if your feeling cocky try getting off both) then Bio II. weapon skill then use your Icarus wing. now stun and use absorb TP if his blood weapon hasnt gone off yet. if it has switch from absorb TP to running away. some int gear on hand will help to bind him or sleep him whichever is in favor at the time but if you think you cant land it cuz your skill is too low or you dont have any magic acc gear on hand don't bother. use drains and elixirs when necessary throughout the fight. usually under 800 with drains and 600 with elixars. after his blood weapon is when i would use souleater and last resort to fix any damage or to finish the fight.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-01-28 11:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Gear and play fully offensively. It's DRK vs DRK. The winner is who kills first. Blink Band, Carbonara, open with Drain2. SE LR Guillo. Weapon Bash => Blood Weapon => Vile +1. (Stun) Icarus Wing (Stun) Guillo.

Should be dead or damn close to ;x might be harsh at 66.

May want to stick a Stun in where I bracketted. Maat Bash is extremely harsh; if you have Darksteel Gear lying around for other jobs, might be an idea to carry it with you just in case.
 Leviathan.Leonstrife
By Leviathan.Leonstrife 2010-01-28 11:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

well if its who kills who first wouldn't that mean that the guy with the same abilities but better defense wins?
 Carbuncle.Blizzit
user: Blizzit
By Carbuncle.Blizzit 2010-01-28 11:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply

If this a multiple job to 75 I did maat at 75 and beat him without pulling my weapon out

walk in get next to maat cast dread spikes absorb vit maat.
stun maat then drain 2
drain maat
around this time maat will 2hr
bind maat next
reaply dread spikes
let maat hit you some more
drain 2
drain fight over and never drew your weapon.
 Leviathan.Leonstrife
By Leviathan.Leonstrife 2010-01-28 11:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

hes at 66.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-01-28 11:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Leonstrife said:
well if its who kills who first wouldn't that mean that the guy with the same abilities but better defense wins?

He doesn't have Souleater :p it is your trump card!
 Leviathan.Leonstrife
By Leviathan.Leonstrife 2010-01-28 12:14:32
Link | Quote | Reply

so the guy with better defense and abilities wins then? If he cant use your most damaging move all the more reason to increase your defense. I never noticed him not using souleater though the fight was 2 years ago...
 Hades.Kylos
Server: Hades
user: Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2010-01-28 12:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok ok my DRK has been my main for over 5 years and i went 1/1 on Maat and helped many DRKs with this strategy to kill Maat, more often then not they go 1/1 too.

Here is the items you need:
Blink Band
Opo opo necklaces
Sleeping Potions (i used 7 to get 170 tp, anymore then that may make u run out of time)
Sole Sushi +1
Persikos au lait (HP Regen, 4HP per tick)
Icarus Wing
Potions (I bought lots of these, didnt end up using any, but its good to have some in case it goes nasty)

Ok here is my fight, and exactly what i did:-

1)I made a full macro bar just for this fight alone, so i didnt need to be rushing to abilites or items when i really needed them,

2)I entered the fight, with no gears on (not sure if that helps, some people say it does, some say it does not)

3)I equipped Blink Band and Opo necklace, then started to use my Sleeping potions to get TP

4)When finished, i used my Blink Band, then equipped all of my gears.

5)Next i used my Sole Sushi +1, and my Persikos Au Lait

6) I ran up to the arena, and targeted Maat, and /kneel in respect to the old man :)

7) I drew my weapon, but turned around, Maat wont attack you until you hit him first, then i used this macro...

8) Last Resort > Souleater > Blood Weapon

9) Engaged Maat, Immediately using Guillotine! Taking off over 1.2K damage.

10) My Icarus wing macro didnt work for some reason, so i scrambled into items Very quickly to pull this off, i believe i hit him 2 times with regular attacks while i was doing this

11) TP again! Guillotine!!! For if i remember right, around 800-900 damage.

12) Hes now less then half the HP left, if i had pulled off Wing quicker, he could have died now, i know i needed to defend myself, and quickly, i took off Souleater, and used Drain II

13) WIN! Maat lost to my drain II, and during this fight, he only managed to hit me ONCE!

14) The fight consisted of 2 Guillotines, 2 regular attacks, and 1 Drain II, he hit me once, i finished with about 650 hp which i only got down too because of Souleater.

15) Celebrate your win! Hes easy, be fast and deadly and show the old man how DRK is played! :D

Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-01-28 12:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

The winner is the one who does this:

SS was taken July 3, 2007 <_< memories... note my strat there is different than the one I proposed. I tried to Sleep II him to begin with so I could get a load of Absorbs going but it failed, so I just went straight into Plan B: annihilation. Got Bio 2'd and still raped him. I didn't use my Stuns either which would've improved things, not to mention now DRK has 2handed buff/better gear/Drain2.
By Korebin 2010-01-28 12:33:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel your pain man! It took me 3 trys at lvl 66 to give up and try again at 70! At 70 fight was way easier, walked in sleep to 100%tp > drainII > S.E. L.R Guill > 6 hi pots> Icr. wing> guill fight over. Used Bison Steak as food for Def and Str. None of the lvl 66 stratigies worked for me, cuz i couldnt get my hands on a K club. (Go figure:>)And from your post i dont think your wanting to lvl Drk anymore lol! There might be an easier way to beat him at 66 but i couldnt find it. Good luck
 Hades.Phe
user: Phe
By Hades.Phe 2010-01-28 12:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

2hr/SE>Bio2>ws>ws>stun/bash>drain2>win

Thats pretty much it, just gotta stay calm, and don't use meds that take forever to use. If u can't get drain2 off, use the other stun/bash u didn't use and get some distance, and let bio eat him or try to get a drain off. Thats my greasy opinion. 1/1 :p
 Hades.Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2010-01-28 12:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Also i never recommend anyone try to do Maat at 66, you might as well get to at least 69 so you can get Hauberk and other gears, personally i got to 70 and capped my scythe, if you want to make sure you go 1/1, do that and show him how its done :)
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-01-28 12:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Raenryong: HAX! Both my guillotine's took off 1k+ from him and he still didnt die D:

@ Kylos: I really really dont like playing DRK at all, but, i only have DRK and SMN left for my hat. So I dont feel to level it 3-4 more levels if i dont absolutely have to. and im too late to go 1/1, im already 0/3 ; ;

Guess im gonna blame it on luck and that i was extremely tired after spending 4-5 hours in campaign to get the last few k exp to 66, then another hour to get test, and than redo it all 2 more times.

Gonna try again tomorrow and hope for better luck.
 Hades.Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2010-01-28 12:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Well u got the strats :) its up to you, if your already 0/3 you should just level it a bit more, then try again, thats what i would do anyways, cant hurt really, i mean you already levelled up the majority of the games jobs to high level i dont think its going to hurt :P
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2010-01-28 13:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Easy DRK 66 win in 4 simple steps.

1) Borrow an M.Kris.
2) HP/Haste build.
3) Engage Maat.
4) Souleater/Bloodweapon.

Done! That's how my best friend had to do it, couldnt' get it done any other way since he had the same bad luck :X
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-01-28 13:12:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
@ Raenryong: HAX! Both my guillotine's took off 1k from him and he still didnt die D:

Did you add my normal hits in there too? ;x That is the entire damage portion of my log though. I think his HP varies a little bit though, I have no idea.

EDIT: 2642 damage dealt in that screenshot.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-01-29 05:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
@ Raenryong: HAX! Both my guillotine's took off 1k from him and he still didnt die D:

Did you add my normal hits in there too? ;x That is the entire damage portion of my log though. I think his HP varies a little bit though, I have no idea.

EDIT: 2642 damage dealt in that screenshot.

This fight is driving me *** crazy....

4th loss now, and this time i did 2933 dmg to him, and he had like 10% hp left and still didnt give up. wtf?
 Siren.Chrichri
user: Chrichri
By Siren.Chrichri 2010-01-29 07:25:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm 0/3 on this *** too. All I need is drk and rdm for cap and I went 1/1 on all the others :( Just farmed up another test about an hour ago but I'm sleepy and I'm about to go to bed. Gonna try again when I wake up.

I'm thinking about buying a MKris but I don't know how effective it'll be at 66 without haste gear.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-01-29 07:27:28
Link | Quote | Reply

hehe well gl to you as well then. I got 20 min til my 2hr is back up, waiting outside BC atm :(
 Siren.Chrichri
user: Chrichri
By Siren.Chrichri 2010-01-29 07:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

GL, let us know how it goes.
 Odin.Mantikor
Server: Odin
user: Mantikor
By Odin.Mantikor 2010-01-29 07:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have M.kris and drk 66 was definetly the hardest fight for me, assuming nin will be doable.

I went 1/4, tried all-out and defensive strategies. In the end I was so desperate to invest in a vile elixir +1 which brought me the win. Maybe Taru have more problems then other races, but a good buddy I know who's hume had same struggle and levelled drk to 68 for cap.

What I did was entering, getting blink, stoneskin, sleeping maat, absorb anything I could, pull with bio ii, already engaged. Guillotine, Drain II. then he used Blood weapon, which you should try not to get hit by, I used stun, while was stunned a (useless) absorb-tp followed by drain. At this point I had 100 tp ready and 2nd Guillotine dropped. Then I was deep red and gulped the vile elixir +1, followed by icarus wing and guillotine #3. 1 hit later he gave up.

If you plan on sleeping him, like me, dont enter on darksday, i had 2 times resist on sleep, one time as blm 75 with max enfeebling merits and good gear. Sounds weird, but so it is. any other day I could sleep him without probs, so as drk 66.

On another note: vile elixir +1 isn't guarantee to win, like other maat fights it's luck based, especially maat's bash can be a real bummer. Good luck, so many caps coming in, I think Maat has a 3 pixies full employed sewing.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-01-29 07:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been using both Vile and Vile +1 in all 4 fights on DRK maat and still got owned.

sidenote, DRK with Mkris, what ws would you use? Wasp Sting?

Anyway, my timers are up. time to go again, 5th time now D:
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-01-29 08:05:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Woot! Finally on 5th try, oddly enough i did less dmg this time than any of the other times. weird, maybe he felt sorry for me, lol

SMN next now :D
First Page 2 3