Forum » FFXI » General » Character Restore
Character Restore
 Fairy.Squitterus
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user:
By Fairy.Squitterus 2008-01-23 11:55:05
| Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

I spoke with a rep from SE on Monday 1/14/08 about getting my character restored. I was informed that the whole restore process took anywhere from 2 to 7 days. I waited the 7 days, called SE again, and was told that it's still being processed however "It could be another week".
I have spoken with several people on the Fairy server who had restores done for them in the past, and all of them so far have stated to me that their character was returned in the 2 to 7 day timeframe. So I'm a little preturbed that mine is taking longer. >.<

Has anyone else had an experience similar to this, and what was the end result? If you don't mind my asking.
 Gilgamesh.Jonls
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Jonis
By Gilgamesh.Jonls 2008-01-25 00:29:10
Link | Quote | Reply

my brother just got his restored... took one day. I don't know how the circumstances are for your acct are, but he messed up the restore and they had to finish it for him.
 Fairy.Maars
user: prisonsex
By Fairy.Maars 2008-01-25 09:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I requested a restore the same day as you. They said it usually takes about 7 Business days, more or less.

They also told me that they would send me a Play Online email when completed.

Still no word. I'm going to call them back next week.

I'll post here when I find out the outcome; and would appreciate it if you could do the same.
 Fairy.Squitterus
user:
By Fairy.Squitterus 2008-01-26 13:18:21
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

I never got an e-mail like they said would be sent, however my character was restored late Thursday. >.< I don't know what the delay was honestly, when I talked with them through the POL Chat I was told it had to do with the Return to Vanadiel campaign. But I did get my character back 1/24/08 with nothing missing.
 Fairy.Maars
By Fairy.Maars 2008-01-29 17:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Squit, I appreciate it. I called again today and they said the account restore was still in progress, and might be completed tonight or tomorrow, and definitely before next Monday (3 weeks after the request was made).

They told me the restore's were done in Japan/Japan time zone.
 Fairy.Maars
By Fairy.Maars 2008-01-30 17:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Account restored and I even got an email :D
 Gilgamesh.Genzaik
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Genzaik
By Gilgamesh.Genzaik 2008-02-05 08:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

My little story:

08/01/08 : I called Playonline to restore a character. "SEL Agent A" answered. I gave all the informations needed, etc. and I just had to wait for the e-mail.
01/02/08 : Still no e-mail. I saw this topic so I called again playonline. "SEL Agent B" answered. He told me that the email had been sent to my hotmail email (enregistred on playonline when I registered), not on the pol email. And my character had been restaured for 2 weeks.
So I launched playonline and reactived a content ID (12.95$ /goodbye).... nothing Oo (nothing on my email too)
04/02/08 : Called again. "SEL Agent A" answered.... error: my character has not been restaured ~~'

Thx bye <<

(sorry for all the mistakes =D french here xD)
 Fairy.Raikan
user: Squitt
By Fairy.Raikan 2008-02-10 22:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya, Square Enix seems to take their time with character restorations. >.<
 Fairy.Drinar
user: Drinar
By Fairy.Drinar 2008-02-21 13:24:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, from what Ive been told, SE doesn't actually handle the whole return to vana thing. Some other company is outsourced to do it. That could explain why they didn't really have any answers for you.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2008-02-21 16:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

FF customer service is actually entirely outsourced from what I understand.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [154 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Celene
Server: Asura
user: Celene
By Asura.Celene 2008-07-25 03:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I had tried to get a character restored a few months back.
It took a good two weeks before I got a email in POL saying that they were unable to restore.
I don't see why it takes such a long time to do something as such.