Forum » FFXI » Servers » Leviathan » Experimental new type of Sky Gods only LS
Experimental new type of Sky Gods only LS
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
Game: FFXI
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-01-15 08:00:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I was in a similar shell in the autumn of this year.

To be able to lot an item you needed to meet 2 criteria:
1) You had attended the previous run (which was normally farming)
2) You had place the item on your priority list (posted on a website before the run)

Whoever placed the item highest on the list (1-3) got to lot, with anyone else who put the item at equal level.

Seals were kept by the organisers, money drops were sold to buy new pops.

The system was very effective when we had 10-15 good people turning up for every run (ran twice a week), as it was a group of friends that were used to playing together and it worked well.

The group grew into Friends of Friends as we wanted to do Kirin. At this point there was some friction, where the some 'founding' members thought it was unfair that their previous efforts were not accounted for and that the new members could lot against them.

Around the same time, some people who only wanted 1-2 items, basically finished with sky, they didn't need any more so attendance from some people started to drop and we had trouble killing bosses. At which point the organisers got bored of dealing with mini drama and low numbers so called it a day.

If you are looking to do something like this there are 2 things I can suggest:
1) have a fixed rooster of people, and fix this early otherwise you will get into the new vs old member argument
2) Set a fixed length of time, our original plan was to do it for 2-4 months, basically keep going until everyone had what they wanted. But this caused trouble as those that had already finished didn't want to hang around "forever" waiting for the rest to get there drops, so if you have a fixed finish date then you can manage this a lot easier.

If people don't complete the gear they want within the fixed time then I would open the rooster and start again for another fixed period.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-01-15 14:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The fixed roster is my main focus right now. Seeing how a majority of the people involved are people I've known on the game for awhile.
But one of my main goals is to eliminate the farming runs all together. Gonna see how this first run goes tonight. Most of people showing up are just bored and want something to do while others have the means to get triggers and just want one thing and/or collect seals. Just going to play it by year for now, work out the kinks, etc.

I want to stay away from lotting money items for LS, instead let people who didn't get any gear/abj get a chance to get something. While also encouraging people to farm on their own, solo, duo, small groups, farm gil to buy, w/e method they can. Just to keep people from being bored all the time. Farm between runs=something to do, Only fight gods for actual ls events = fun.
 Leviathan.Antonioklaus
By Leviathan.Antonioklaus 2010-01-15 23:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Only fight gods for actual ls events = fun.
Farming with friends is good fun ;p. 3.5 minutes to kill a god doesn't leave much about fun.

My personal favorite is 6 man xp pt at ulli. tank, 2 dd, whm or rdm, blm and a brd. Old school fun. I miss those days.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-01-16 18:39:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Antonioklaus said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Only fight gods for actual ls events = fun.
Farming with friends is good fun ;p. 3.5 minutes to kill a god doesn't leave much about fun.

My personal favorite is 6 man xp pt at ulli. tank, 2 dd, whm or rdm, blm and a brd. Old school fun. I miss those days.

I remember like a 3-4 hour farming run for dio. Every time a raxa would drop we'd act like it was better than dio, lol!
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-01-16 18:52:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Well our first run went better than I thought it would. Not only did people show up, but we even had a TH4 Thf w/ a Mandau :D

Suzy went ok, and we destroyed Seiryu. But then we didn't have the right jobs and tried to Leeroy a Byakko and lost at 18% lol.

But anyway got some feedback and tweaked the system some. So there's some rules now, but the main principle is still there for now. We're still looking for some BLMs if anyone is interested. Got a few new people to sky too.

ChaosXTheory LS

I'll have the screen shots of the kills up soon and schedule and such. Doing a Genbu Sunday: 1:00pm PST / 4:00pm EST / 9:00pm GMT (people didn't like the 24hr time lol). I write the whole thing in notepad so it takes me a little time to get everything up.

Unrelated note: Finally beat Promyvion - Vahzl today!
 Leviathan.Novax
user: Novax
By Leviathan.Novax 2010-01-17 10:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Grats on your new shell hope it goes well, and you can do anything in sky w/ 15!
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-01-17 20:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Novax said:
Grats on your new shell hope it goes well, and you can do anything in sky w/ 15!
Thanks xD