Experimental new type of Sky Gods only LS
First Page 2
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-01-13 13:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I just recently came up with this idea for a new type of Sky LS.
I was getting sick of farming all the time, racking up points just to have LS after LS break. So here's a new idea for an LS I want to try. I already have pop items for Suzy and Seiryu lined up. So let's see how this goes.
More info: ChaosXTheory
If you're interested; sent me a tell in game, PM me on here, or even email on the website. I'll get back to you and toss you a pearl.
 Valefor.Mithano
Server: Valefor
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2010-01-13 13:37:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I would highly suggest you have someone rich do a sell/split with the money items when they drop, rather than letting them get lotted, it's one less thing to worry about. Good luck and I hope you get many Haidates!
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-01-13 13:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

No doubt, already got a handful of people interested one of which has oodles of gil.
 Odin.Kalico
Server: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-01-13 14:13:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I say its a cool idea but your runs are based on who has a pop item which won't work unless your members are all rich. This could also lead to you doing the same God every run (because the rich person or persons buying the pop might just want to do suzy for ex and just buys suzy pops. In this case most won't show up for long. Most Free lot Ls fail because reuglars get pissed when non commited members come and get to free lot over them who has put time and effort in. If your going to do a free lot Sky i'd strongly suggest having leaders lot all gil items and use that to but triggers so you have control on what gods are being done and not the person who has the most money in the ls. If your doing 4 runs a month maybe have just 1 run sponserable.
[+]
By Ashitaka 2010-01-13 14:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kalico said:
I say its a cool idea but your runs are based on who has a pop item which won't work unless your members are all rich. This could also lead to you doing the same God every run (because the rich person or persons buying the pop might just want to do suzy for ex and just buys suzy pops. In this case most won't show up for long. Most Free lot Ls fail because reuglars get pissed when non commited members come and get to free lot over them who has put time and effort in. If your going to do a free lot Sky i'd strongly suggest having leaders lot all gil items and use that to but triggers so you have control on what gods are being done and not the person who has the most money in the ls. If your doing 4 runs a month maybe have just 1 run sponserable.

Try and low-man with some peeps who just want gear and use money drops for more triggers. Cycles through god gear very fast... only negative is of course no kirin until you form into a bigger ls. Worked for me pretty well.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-01-13 14:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kalico said:
My whole goal though is to have the regulars/committed members as well as people who only show up a few times to all bring triggers at one point. If a majority of the people who come bring triggers I see no big problem.

Edit: We have control over what gods we do, because a few us are just out to collect seals. There's some triggers I can farm w/ a friend and some I bought. I'd rather fight 6 gods in one day than farm dio for 4hrs+. I want action! :P

Ashitaka said:
Try and low-man with some peeps who just want gear and use money drops for more triggers. Cycles through god gear very fast... only negative is of course no kirin until you form into a bigger ls. Worked for me pretty well.
Yeah that's why right now I'm just focusing on the four other gods. We have a few shells on our server that will kill kirin for you for free, except their price is any wlegs. So the only problem then is no wlegs for our group until we get bigger. And even then, those who collect all 4 seals can work out their own deals with whomever.
By Ashitaka 2010-01-13 14:51:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Odin.Kalico said:
My whole goal though is to have the regulars/committed members as well as people who only show up a few times to all bring triggers at one point. If a majority of the people who come bring triggers I see no big problem.

Ashitaka said:
Yeah that's why right now I'm just focusing on the four other gods. We have a few shells on our server that will kill kirin for you for free, except their price is any wlegs. So the only problem then is no wlegs for our group until we get bigger. And even then, those who collect all 4 seals can work out their own deals with whomever.

I know, I'm still on Leviathan. And I have blood cuisses already, only piece I need is whands. I got All my sky gear in about 3 months.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-01-13 14:55:33
Link | Quote | Reply

You're automatically excluding those without the jobs or friends to kill certain trigger NMs, though that's not necessarily a bad thing in and of itself. Provided your idea actually hits off you'll likely end up with a fairly well-connected shell that works within itself to get pop items and has very little of the apathy and "only show up on gods runs" mentality that can plague shells. Best of all, it almost automatically attracts those with desirable jobs rather than the interchangeable DD-only players. It's a nice idea, hope it works out for you.
Odin.Kalico said:
This could also lead to you doing the same God every run
This isn't necessarily a bad thing either. It shows which gods are actually drawing interest within the shell and allows you to clear out gear quickly with less stuff going FFA or potentially even hitting the floor. If you have a surplus of one or two seals, those can be sold off to buy other seals; you're still popping Kirin at about the same rate. This obviously implies at least a few members of the shell are actively planning how they make use of the shell, but I think Chaosx at the very least already has a decent handle on how to keep this running.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-01-13 14:55:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome whands is Seiryu I think offhand or Suzy. Those are the first two gods we're doing. They're my triggers and all I want are the seals. So that's a good example of why I think this might work. You show up, help us kill and get a chance to lot whands if they drop cause I don't want em.
By Ashitaka 2010-01-13 14:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Seiryu
By Ashitaka 2010-01-13 14:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

And I'll start when my wife decides she wants to get her sky gear.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-01-13 15:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

lol xD
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-01-13 19:32:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Update: Up to 15 members at the moment!
Would like to have some more to be on the safe side.
Namely some BLMs and WHMs and another RNG
Planning first run on 01/15/2010 @ 14:00 PST / 17:00 EST / 22:00 GMT
Send me a message if you can't make this or let Crazycrunk know.
Sets so far: Suzaku & Seiryu
Send me a message or let Crazycrunk know if you have more pop sets.

By more whms and blms I mean we have 2 of each already, but 1-2 more of each can't hurt in case someone can't make it or w/e.

Plenty of RDMs though!
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-01-14 12:46:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump
And make that 20ppl now w/ a Byakko as well for tomorrow.
Just need a back up RNG lol.
 Odin.Rues
user: Rues
By Odin.Rues 2010-01-14 13:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

We did sky this way for quite awhile and it was alot of fun. The only hitch we ran into was not having enough people some of the time.

We'd do Genbu alot since we only need 4-5 people to do it in a reasonable amount of time. Once we all got A.Hands though we stopped doing it lol. We also did a lot of Suzaku since we could do it with 7-8.

We did a Seiryu with 8 people once but it was harder than Suzaku with all the paralyzes so we waited for more people after that first one.

Byakko was the hardest for us to do. We usually only had one tank and with Byakko's TP moves and triple attack, just can't keep shadows with no one to share hate with.

But I do have to say, It was the most fun I had in sky in a long time. We bought most of our pop items. Some of them would come from members going in their free time and farming for Despot/Diorite/etc. Occasionally, nobody would be in sky so we'd go kill MG since she was just standing there waiting for us lol.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-01-14 13:26:49
Link | Quote | Reply

No doubt that's why I got someone with capped throwing and I have extra people in case there are no shows.
 Alexander.Elkhorn
Server: Alexander
user: Elkhorn
By Alexander.Elkhorn 2010-01-14 14:24:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You can kill most of the Gods with as low as 6 people. and *** you can solo genbu and seiryu if you have red mage Leveled.. I like youre Idea but unless youre Linkshell buys gil to afford pop items all the time or you do nothing but farm gil. 24/7 and stalk the AH it wont work. I seen many Linkshells try this stratagy for almost 5 years now. it you can pull it off well then kudos to you, but i can tell you now you have a 95% failure rate as it sits right now. sorry
[+]
 Odin.Rues
user: Rues
By Odin.Rues 2010-01-14 14:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

We never had a problem with gil to buy pops. That being said, we did sell all of our seals.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-01-14 14:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I like your idea but unless your linkshell buys gil to afford pop items all the time or you do nothing but farm gil 24/7 and stalk the AH it wont work.
Fixed for readability and lolwut? Protip: you can sell drops to fund more pops. If you have to buy gil to fund a lolsky shell you suck and probably can't even kill the lesser gods to begin with.
[+]
 Titan.Jawwz
Server: Titan
user: Jawwz
By Titan.Jawwz 2010-01-14 14:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You make soloing seiryu sound so easy. lol
By Ashitaka 2010-01-14 14:39:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Jawwz said:
You make soloing seiryu sound so easy. lol

Can solo him with ANY JOB
 Titan.Jawwz
By Titan.Jawwz 2010-01-14 14:41:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Enlighten me please. I'd honestly like to try.
By Ashitaka 2010-01-14 14:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

See with pld, you nuke with BANISH and then flash.. with pup you howling fists.. and... and... the only job that can't solo is a well geared/well merited/well skilled rdm... yeaaaaah
 Titan.Jawwz
By Titan.Jawwz 2010-01-14 14:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

lol. God I suck at sarcasm. I thought you were serious.
By Ashitaka 2010-01-14 14:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Jawwz said:
lol. God I suck at sarcasm. I thought you were serious.

Nah, I've only ever duo'd him with sam and rdm
 Bahamut.Pjohn
Server: Bahamut
user: Pjohn
By Bahamut.Pjohn 2010-01-14 16:15:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said:

Plenty of RDMs though!

Then you are all set you need nothing else. A PT of 6 RDMs can kill all 4 of the gods may take a few more for Kirin. :)
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-01-14 18:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

So far the only triggers I've actually bought are Autumnstone cause I hate farming.
 Leviathan.Antonioklaus
By Leviathan.Antonioklaus 2010-01-14 22:50:48
Link | Quote | Reply

btw, Seiryu doesn't drop Angel Skin anymore. They removed it when they removed them from the Manta in Cape Terrigan.

Just saying that since it's your example on your site.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-01-15 06:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Antonioklaus said:
btw, Seiryu doesn't drop Angel Skin anymore. They removed it when they removed them from the Manta in Cape Terrigan.

Just saying that since it's your example on your site.
I thought that was odd that it's not on the listing of drops on the gardens page but on the seiryu page. Someone should fix that.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-01-15 06:02:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
So far the only triggers I've actually bought are Autumnstone cause I hate farming.

Farming dio I mean btw.
First Page 2