TeamDaiRebellion Sky Ls.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Leviathan » TeamDaiRebellion sky ls.
TeamDaiRebellion sky ls.
First Page 2
 Leviathan.Leonstrife
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Leonstrife 2009-12-31 17:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

starting a sky linkshell on leviathan. run times are thurs through sunday 8-11pm EST. points system were you get 1 point for showing up and are capped at having 20 points at one time. ppl can share lots on the item so long as their within 1 point of the highest bidder. Since i get this question alot when ppl want to know about money drops... let X-1 be the minimum of lotting money drops where X is highest bidder. /tell me in game.

oh and reason why for the point system being like this is
A was gonna do 5 points a run with 100 cap but thats just asinine in my opinion since everyone does their lots in 5 point intervals anyway.

B 1 run missed shouldn't exclude you on things that are like once a month chances. god forbid RL makes you lose a chance at fake whatevers.

C point cap allows ppl to be unable to dominate with points. you know who you are Mr. kirin osode every single time.
[+]
 Leviathan.Antonioklaus
By Leviathan.Antonioklaus 2010-01-01 22:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Leonstrife said:
C point cap allows ppl to be unable to dominate with points. you know who you are Mr. kirin osode every single time.
Just something to think about.

Player A in your ls for a year. Stupid WLegs won't drop.
Player B in your ls for 2 weeks. Does all events Thurs-Sunday and gets 19 points.

Player A is capped at 20, Player B is at 19 and able to lot against A. W.Legs drop on Player B's 1st Kirin. Player B outlots A....

This is the unfortunate issue with point caps.
[+]
 Leviathan.Leonstrife
By Leviathan.Leonstrife 2010-01-04 11:50:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn 2 years... youd think he would be tired of SOMEONE in this shell by then on top of not getting that one very specific item one other person also wants. Tolerant SOB.
 Leviathan.Leonstrife
By Leviathan.Leonstrife 2010-01-06 10:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

KK new rule for bringing your own trigs. I've decided that if you bring us a trig that you get 2 points on top of your attendance points. cant go over the cap. was debating between this or letting people have free lot on whatever the trig helps pop but by that logic ppl can buy like a 20k genbu seal from some guy and run off with kirins osode into the sun set never to be seen again. Bloody fine sun set though glad he pointed that out too us.
 Leviathan.Leonstrife
By Leviathan.Leonstrife 2010-01-06 14:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

To keep things fair. both attendance points and trig points will cap separately. attendance now caps at 40 points and trigs cap at 20 points.
(10 straight weeks of perfect attedance)
(10 trigs)
This way ppl who are showing up all the time wont be overshadowed by the people who show up with a bunch of trigs they bought or just had lying around.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-01-07 06:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

KK new rule for bringing your own trigs. I've decided that if you bring us a trig that you get 2 points on top of your attendance points. cant go over the cap. was debating between this or letting people have free lot on whatever the trig helps pop but by that logic ppl can buy like a 20k genbu seal from some guy and run off with kirins osode into the sun set never to be seen again. Bloody fine sun set though glad he pointed that out too us.
You can't get all four seals without spending a decent amount of gil. Genbu seals are cheap but Suzy's and Seiryu's sure aren't.

Letting someone who brings their own triggers lot one item is definitely fair considering how much most triggers cost.
 Leviathan.Leonstrife
By Leviathan.Leonstrife 2010-01-07 17:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really since alot of the trigs and genbu himself can be solo'd. giving ppl with time on their hands an easy way to grab points outside of showing up. this in mind all people would have to do is grind their favorite gods trig guy and have instant lotting rights to the "one thing they want out of sky" and all it took was the same amount of effort as camping VE. maybe less.
 Leviathan.Antonioklaus
By Leviathan.Antonioklaus 2010-01-07 18:46:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
You can't get all four seals without spending a decent amount of gil. Genbu seals are cheap but Suzy's and Seiryu's sure aren't.

Letting someone who brings their own triggers lot one item is definitely fair considering how much most triggers cost.
You can pretty much buy a whole kirin set for 500k (we don't buy triggers so it could be less) or less. Which is a fairly good trade off since w.legs (if they drop) would easily sell for 3-5m. Shining cloth is 250k.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2010-01-07 19:06:51
Link | Quote | Reply

honestly point caps are ridiculous. it should be as any other form of work reward there is

you work, you earn currency, store it up, buy what you want

general rule of life
I believe if you put in the effort you earned what you want to do with your points what you want to do.

telling other people how to spend THEIR points/currency is simply communist D:
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2010-01-07 19:07:32
Link | Quote | Reply

only posted in this thread cause i am leader of DaiGurrenBrigade on quetz =p
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-01-08 06:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really since alot of the trigs and genbu himself can be solo'd. giving ppl with time on their hands an easy way to grab points outside of showing up. this in mind all people would have to do is grind their favorite gods trig guy and have instant lotting rights to the "one thing they want out of sky" and all it took was the same amount of effort as camping VE. maybe less.
Camping VE and soloing any NM is sky is definitely not the same, LOL! A RDM soloing Despot takes a good 20-30min, plus all the place holders they have to fight. VE can be taken down by any job, whereas in sky not even close.

Leviathan.Antonioklaus said:
You can pretty much buy a whole kirin set for 500k (we don't buy triggers so it could be less) or less. Which is a fairly good trade off since w.legs (if they drop) would easily sell for 3-5m. Shining cloth is 250k.
Genbu seal is usually around 35-50k, Byakko seal 75-100k. Suzy seals about the same as byakko. For some reason though I've never seen a Seryru seal for less than 400k. So Basically if you want to 'buy' Kirin triggers its usally around 185k-250k then buy half a trigger to seiryu, cause the gem is usually around 100kish, but the stone if you can even find it for sale is 300-400k. So either way at some point you're gonna have to earn, in a sense a whole pop set, usually involves getting people to take down MG. As I've only done this method twice, it's a pain. Then finding people to take down Seiryu.
 Leviathan.Leonstrife
By Leviathan.Leonstrife 2010-01-08 10:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said:
honestly point caps are ridiculous. it should be as any other form of work reward there is

you work, you earn currency, store it up, buy what you want

general rule of life
I believe if you put in the effort you earned what you want to do with your points what you want to do.

telling other people how to spend THEIR points/currency is simply communist D:
KK first off PURE capitalism is the worst possible idea ever. An entire thesis of this can be summarized as the plot to Bioshock. I could go to sky and and tell everyone that comes in in order "this is the hierarchy take it or gtfo!" or I could give everyone just as good as a shot at stuff as everyone else without entirely being a dictator.

And chaos you basically admitted that it takes at least 30 mins of someones time minimum to secure those lovable cat pants and 35-50k to secure a kirins osode by all technical means.

Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-01-08 16:41:19
Link | Quote | Reply

30 min for Gem of the West.
You still need the Aurumstone which is 400-500k to buy.
Don't know anyone that can solo Ulli. Even Wiki says it takes at least a BLM and NIN, or a RDM and SMN. And that calls very skilled ones. So 400-500k for a chance on something to drop, not worth it.

35-50k to secure a kirin's osode? How to you get that out of:

"Genbu seal is usually around 35-50k, Byakko seal 75-100k. Suzy seals about the same as byakko. For some reason though I've never seen a Seryru seal for less than 400k. So Basically if you want to 'buy' Kirin triggers its usally around 185k-250k then buy half a trigger to seiryu, cause the gem is usually around 100kish, but the stone if you can even find it for sale is 300-400k. So either way at some point you're gonna have to earn, in a sense a whole pop set, usually involves getting people to take down MG. As I've only done this method twice, it's a pain. Then finding people to take down Seiryu."

You have to read past the first sentence then add 35k-50k + 75k-100k (x2) which = 185k-250k, PLUS you're still a seal short. 300-400k more for the last seal if you're lucky enough to find it, which means yeah for 485k-650k you have 1 (one) chance at getting something to drop at minimum. Usually you have to earn that last seal and to do so the very least, take care of MG (again, cannot be solo'd) and Seiryu (cannot be solo'd).

I don't know about you, but 485k-650k for a chance for something to drop is not worth it. Totally not worth it for 2 pts.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-01-08 16:46:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I would love to watch you Leon solo any NM is sky. I would place money on Zip or Despot mopping the floor with you.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-01-08 17:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't need to be so hard on the guy. Just let him do his sky ls with his rules. If it sucks, the [good] people will leave, if its good, then people will stay and get what they want.

Btw nice Warrior's Lorica in that one merit party, Chaosx.
 Leviathan.Leonstrife
By Leviathan.Leonstrife 2010-01-08 18:19:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the defense, and anyway chaos your saying that they bring me ANY trig they get free lotting rights from the nm. Not both. they just hand me the easy one and wait for the group to do the hard nms and then they technically get free lotting rots according to your side of the argument. And we both know that's not fair so stop twisting the conditions for your side. point cap and the way to get points stay. end of story. at this point I'll probably consider bringing in a minimum point lot in the future but right now it seems fine.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-01-09 00:03:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hohenheim said:
Don't need to be so hard on the guy. Just let him do his sky ls with his rules. If it sucks, the [good] people will leave, if its good, then people will stay and get what they want.

Btw nice Warrior's Lorica in that one merit party, Chaosx.

What?! Wars are expected to voke for merit parties, I changed armor after I saw who was there! Besides your d/c made us /cry.

Thanks for the defense, and anyway chaos your saying that they bring me ANY trig they get free lotting rights from the nm. Not both. they just hand me the easy one and wait for the group to do the hard nms and then they technically get free lotting rots according to your side of the argument. And we both know that's not fair so stop twisting the conditions for your side. point cap and the way to get points stay. end of story. at this point I'll probably consider bringing in a minimum point lot in the future but right now it seems fine.

If they bring the trigs to pop an NM let them lot one item, not all or 2 of 3, but just one. If they only have 1/2 the trig that's totally a different story! But if they can pop the NM let them lot ONE item. That's all. That's my whole point. Not 1/2-1/4 trigger but if one person can pop one NM, then let that one person lot one item.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-01-09 00:08:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Um, sure, what? You were full timing the warriors lorica, at least wearing it more than you should have (which is 0%).

And I got tired of 12k/hr.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-01-09 00:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't be scared of my bulging chest either, you're allowed to touch it.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-01-09 00:09:53
Link | Quote | Reply

myself said:
Ask the other 5 people in the party. I changed my armor the minute I actually engaged. And by my records we were at 17.8k-18.4k / hr.
Sorry 4 ppl not including us:

Honokainutz
Jeminijem
Malthar
& #4 lol. Can't remember the name.

They all knew you forced d/c and even Malthar knew I had the highest WS at 1,666. So idk what drug you were on, but just because someone shows up wearing gear doesn't mean they don't change it once the party starts.

Wow! Pay attention to what's going around you.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-01-09 00:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I checked you while you were fighting the whole time, I believe I even have a screenshot, but it doesnt matter. I know what you were wearing.

And it sure as hell didnt start at 17k/hr. Even thats on the low side for xp.

Hm, guess I didn't take a screenshot. /shrug
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-01-09 00:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-01-09 00:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats not the exact reason I force d/c'd, but take it as what you want, b/c I don't need to defend my intentions on ffxiah, or argue with you.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-01-09 00:42:20
Link | Quote | Reply

3 against one the odds are against you!
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-01-09 00:46:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats not the exact reason I force d/c'd, but take it as what you want, b/c I don't need to defend my intentions on ffxiah, or argue with you.
That's fine but don't say ***that's not true when I have the people to back me up. oO I wear gear to a merit party then change it once I fight. Big deal!
 Leviathan.Antonioklaus
By Leviathan.Antonioklaus 2010-01-09 02:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Despot takes about 10 minutes to kill and it's a timed respawn so if you have the tod, you aren't wasting any time to pop him.

Ulli is soloable by rdm or blm.

Zip is soloable by rdm. Shoot I bet a drk can solo him in the way they solo Aquarius.

MG is killable by 3 ppl.

Faust is soloable by rdm.

Pots for Ro'M. water are soloable by just about any job. Olla might take 2.

SC is soloable by rdm and probably blm.

BB is trioable.

Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-01-09 02:56:42
Link | Quote | Reply

You forgot antonioklaus, few people are actually good at the game in comparison to the whole population.
 Leviathan.Antonioklaus
By Leviathan.Antonioklaus 2010-01-09 03:04:04
Link | Quote | Reply

You forgot antonioklaus, few people are actually good at the game in comparison to the whole population.
True...

btw, as for the gear stuff, I had some idiot get on me because I idle in an Aketon on thf. I use SC so when I disengage, it goes to Aketon. Tried telling me I was gimp. Also, said I was tping in Heca body. Use AE to keep dex gear on till the sa lands or I ws, then it switches back to Rap. Harness. lol. Noobs.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-01-09 07:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Despot takes about 10 minutes to kill and it's a timed respawn so if you have the tod, you aren't wasting any time to pop him.

Ulli is soloable by rdm or blm.

Zip is soloable by rdm. Shoot I bet a drk can solo him in the way they solo Aquarius.

MG is killable by 3 ppl.

Faust is soloable by rdm.

Pots for Ro'M. water are soloable by just about any job. Olla might take 2.

SC is soloable by rdm and probably blm.

BB is trioable.
While that is all true (Ulli too? That's a gotta be a pain to solo.) it's not like camping VE at all. Each one requires RDM or BLM to solo, and some skill.

btw, as for the gear stuff, I had some idiot get on me because I idle in an Aketon on thf. I use SC so when I disengage, it goes to Aketon. Tried telling me I was gimp. Also, said I was tping in Heca body. Use AE to keep dex gear on till the sa lands or I ws, then it switches back to Rap. Harness. lol. Noobs.
Lulz! Someone actually though I tp'd in Alky's bracelets one time. I was like would you rather have me run in dusk?

Honestly if you don't want to be in a merit party any more don't make ***up, and have just a little respect for the other 5 people in the party and say you're going go. People who force d/c should be beaten with a rotten fish.

Saying you have the screen shots to prove it, then not having them so you say that's not why you left, then me asking the other people in the party about you're accusations, totally debunking what you say, then my favorite after you have nothing left to stand on, "I don't need to defend my intentions on ffxiah, or argue with you." Then STFU and quit acting like a douche bag.
 Leviathan.Shurtugal
user: Shurtugal
By Leviathan.Shurtugal 2010-01-09 08:46:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lolpoint cap... Seriously, Anto has a great point.. I wouldn't want some new guy hopping in and getting w legs over me after 3 weeks when i've been there for a year. Some drops don't happen all that often.. I killed Kirin for like 5 months before I even seen w legs drop. Ur going to lose a lot of interest with that low of a cap on points. I would recommend making it 50 or something, so it would take ~7 weeks to cap out. It's really unfair to the ones who stick around for a long time to get out lotted by some new guy.

Of course, I do agree that some people will lot items over and over because they have the points to. But, thats why you make a rule that people can only take 1 of a certain item per X amount of time. So, Joe here cant lot a k osode every Kirin, but only once every few months.
First Page 2