Chonchon Drop Rate Change?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » Chonchon drop rate change?
Chonchon drop rate change?
First Page 2
 Midgardsormr.Tutone
Server: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: TuTone
By Midgardsormr.Tutone 2009-12-29 15:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Folks,
The first few days of November patch it seemed I would get a drop every other claim, sometimes 2 in a row. After this recent update, I decided to update my pc version and post my character up at the camp all Saturday, while I played modern warfare. I woke up around 6 to find Chonchon just standing right in front of me, killed it, and continue to get every claim without losing it once (didnt really have competition) and didnt recieve a drop until the ninth straight kill.....

I wouldnt normally ask, especially if I was going to sale it, but this was for a friend whose ninja just hit 37, so back to the question did they lower this mofo's drop rate?

If so, let the prices climb back up
[+]
 Ragnarok.Inga
Server: Ragnarok
user: Inga
By Ragnarok.Inga 2009-12-29 15:20:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I think someone is just upset that their only method of farming is falling in price rapidly.
[+]
 Unicorn.Rufio
Server: Unicorn
user: Nesaki
By Unicorn.Rufio 2009-12-29 15:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Inga said:
I think someone is just upset that their only method of farming is falling in price rapidly.
^
[+]
 Carbuncle.Krionin
Server: Carbuncle
user: Krionin1
By Carbuncle.Krionin 2009-12-29 16:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

tbh i think you just a streak of bad luck...
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Tutone
Server: Midgardsormr
user: TuTone
By Midgardsormr.Tutone 2009-12-29 16:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Inga said:

Glad you think that this my only method of farming (really good one, right up there with richard pryor), no one really get upset at video games, but since you did share that your head is stuck up some trolls ***, tell vigor and stanflame I said Hi.

Damn Folks, you could of just answered the question, guess I'll go back to smoking a blunt and playing modern warfare

thanks Krionin, no change then
[+]
 Phoenix.Joz
Server: Phoenix
user: joz
By Phoenix.Joz 2009-12-29 16:46:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe my friend went 1/12, maybe more.. But I think he has bad luck too!
[+]
 Sylph.Sindri
Server: Sylph
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2009-12-29 17:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Impossible, no maintenance has been done to that zone, get over it you have bad luck, it was shiny and new at first but people are realising that the belt isn't any good. It won't climb if its a 1% drop rate, let it go.
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2009-12-29 17:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you seriously just say the belt isn't any good?
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-12-29 17:58:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Sindri said:
it was shiny and new at first but people are realising that the belt isn't any good.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-12-29 17:59:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Tutone said:
Ragnarok.Inga said:

Glad you think that this my only method of farming (really good one, right up there with richard pryor), no one really get upset at video games, but since you did share that your head is stuck up some trolls ***, tell vigor and stanflame I said Hi.

Damn Folks, you could of just answered the question, guess I'll go back to smoking a blunt and playing modern warfare

Lol. Way to prove Inga right. =P
[+]
 Hades.Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2009-12-29 18:07:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Sylph.Sindri said:
it was shiny and new at first but people are realising that the belt isn't any good.

LOL!
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-12-29 18:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Sylph.Sindri said:
Got to love avatars.
[+]
 Fairy.Brenda
Server: Fairy
user: Jornna
By Fairy.Brenda 2009-12-29 18:35:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, with Swift belt around, no, its not that great.
[+]
 Hades.Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2009-12-29 18:39:41
Link | Quote | Reply

But not everyone has Sacrarium access or has bad luck with drop rates.
[+]
 Fairy.Brenda
user: Jornna
By Fairy.Brenda 2009-12-29 18:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Its something to use till you can get swift, but, swift is still better and really, not that hard to get.
[+]
 Hades.Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2009-12-29 19:08:43
Link | Quote | Reply

No one's arguing that Swift isn't better because it is, but saying that Headlong is useless is kinda lol. As I said before, not everyone has Swift or better.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dracondria
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2009-12-29 19:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Headlong is also usable earlier.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Inga
Server: Ragnarok
user: Inga
By Ragnarok.Inga 2009-12-29 19:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dracondria said:
Headlong is also usable earlier.

they went the first 43 levels without haste on their waist, I think 6 more levels wont kill them.

Hades.Stefanos said:

lol wut? who the hell doesn't have access to Sacrarium in this day in age? its not like CoP is hard, and shitty drop rates it may be, but you can at least hit get TH2 on that ***, and if you are not bringing TH2 with you when you do that, then you are sorta asking for it to not drop, its not like what they could have spent on this belt (230k at the time?) they could have bought 2-3 codex's with that and had 2-3 chances to get the belt over holding onto this piece of crap belt.

[+]
 Hades.Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2009-12-29 19:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Inga said:
Hades.Stefanos said:

lol wut? who the hell doesn't have access to Sacrarium in this day in age? its not like CoP is hard, and shitty drop rates it may be, but you can at least hit get TH2 on that ***, and if you are not bringing TH2 with you when you do that, then you are sorta asking for it to not drop, its not like what they could have spent on this belt (230k at the time?) they could have bought 2-3 codex's with that and had 2-3 chances to get the belt over holding onto this piece of crap belt.

Yes, that's why I still see people shouting for help on CoP missions and hear of friends helping out others who had not finished the story because of broken statics. And not everyone has a TH2 on call or have one that's willing to go be a TH *** for that belt. I personally had a hard time finding help to go for that fight so I went with another BST and had to duo it, went 1/11. In before 'lol you should get more friends, etc.'
[+]
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2009-12-29 20:29:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Back to the original post, yes me and some other campers have found that the drop rate seemed to change after the Nov update. I don't think its that drastic.
With TH3 i was getting 60% drop rate, with streaks of 1/6, after update it dropped to about 30% or less for me.
 Sylph.Sindri
Server: Sylph
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2009-12-29 21:15:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Haste 3 isn't that much in the levels you can't use swift, because you can't stack it with anything else (WTurban, Dusk, Homam, Blitz(chances are you don't have at this level), Nashira, Raparee, Etc; Etc;) get a different belt, one with accuracy, or somethng.
[+]
 Fairy.Azulmagia
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-12-29 22:17:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I killed the first Chonchon on Fairy and didn't get drop. If only I knew what it did drop, I would've stuck around and made serious monies :<

Anyway, given the sheer volume still for sale on Fairy's AH, I don't really think much of a change has been made.
[+]
 Fairy.Darkei
user: Darkei
By Fairy.Darkei 2009-12-30 15:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Brenda said:
Its something to use till you can get swift, but, swift is still better and really, not that hard to get.

0/10 T^T
[+]
 Siren.Murdock
Server: Siren
user: Murdock
By Siren.Murdock 2009-12-30 15:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I like how no matter what happens, when something doesn't go the way someone wants it, they all come to the same conclusion..."SE must of made a hidden/ninja adjustment/fix/change during the last update."

suck it the *** up. you had some bad luck deal with it. Just because you didn't get the same results every single time doesn't mean SE went in a ninja fixed something with out the community knowing about it. If was something that needed fixing SE would have addressed it in the update notes or in maintenance notes. If it wasn't addressed someone would have found out by now, especially with how much that NM is camped.

Has SE ninja'd fixed things in the past? yes they have. Would SE have had a good reason to do it this time? Not likely. Is someone butt hurt that they sat there and killed the same NM 9 times till he got the drop? Sounds like it to me.

Don't fix ***if it ain't broke. Happy camping.

[+]
 Asura.Darkultima
Server: Asura
By Asura.Darkultima 2009-12-30 15:57:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Imma 7/18 on Chonchon personally ^^
 Bahamut.Stanflame
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-12-30 16:27:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Tutone said:
Ragnarok.Inga said:

I am no troll do not mention me.... maybe inga is stuck up your ***?
[+]
 Pandemonium.Rathz
Server: Pandemonium
user: Rathz
By Pandemonium.Rathz 2009-12-30 16:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

He's stuck up mine ;)
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-12-30 16:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

; ;
[+]
 Valefor.Ghuda
Server: Valefor
user: Ghuda
By Valefor.Ghuda 2009-12-30 16:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Rufio said:
Ragnarok.Inga said:
^

I agree
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-12-30 17:33:21
Link | Quote | Reply

lol
[+]
First Page 2