users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » Batallia Downs (S) ANNM
Batallia Downs (S) ANNM
 Hades.Raytheshadow
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
By Hades.Raytheshadow 2009-12-19 21:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wanted to note for people that when Temp. Items are available from campaign in BD (s), (And if you're San D'Orian) if a campaign is on during your ANNM run, you may participate and buy Body/Mana Boost (+50% HP/MP), use them, get evaluated, and keep the effects during the ANNM fight

Although the boosts don't last too too long, it's a nice plus for about 10mins.

In addition, can I ask what successes people have had and what their setups/advice is? Currently like 1/4 on successes >.-
 Shiva.Daimos
Server: Shiva
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2009-12-19 22:15:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Me and a few friends have done this one many times, only lost once. Setup that we find works best is pld/rdm to hold the tigers, pld/nin to hold the Smilidon, rdm/whm to cure and paralyna the pld/nin at the end of each Roar Cycle( the 10 consecutive roars that para) make sure to keep ample distance between the tiger group and the smilidon group, otherwise everyone will be paralyzed and most likely will wipe.

Have 2 dd's ( we used sam/nin to tank and drg/whm for extra healing and paralynas) to pick off one tiger at a time until they're all dead.

Then kill the smilidon. pld/rdm will most likely need to invincible at some point, and since the tigers are beasts, Koenig Shield is NOT recommended(although doable) so the tigers attack at the same time.

This is just the group we had used with the minimum amount of people, so drops are split less, but a bard never hurt if you need one.

Hope this helps ^^
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-19 22:26:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Generally what I did was 1 pld/nin. 1 blm/rdm. 1 rdm though brd probably work just as well. Then 2-3 DDs.

Basically the pld pops and grabs boss, blm does ES sleepga.

DDs pull tigers one at a time and kill. Making sure fighting isn't close enough for boss to AOE anyone but pld and tigers to AOE the pld.

Rdm cure them a little but really 1 at a time doesn't need much while watching the pld/nin more or less solo the boss which he can do pretty easily with limited tp feeding and intimidating. Mostly there buffing and paralyna after roar cycle.

About 30 sec in the blm overwrites sleepga with sleepga2. And from there on in keeps up stoneskin blink phalanx and mostly keeps a close on sleeping tigers when they about to wake. If you keep your distance you can easily get a sleepga off on them before they get thru stoneskin even with 5 on you. Don't need to but occasionally nukes speed things up a bit since they take magic dmg pretty good but most DDs without food or buffs... well will do what DDs without food or buffs will do lol.

Then when all tigers down DDs join pld. A good pld with joytoy and atonement can easily have it down to 50-75% by then and just murder it.

No 2hrs meds or even yellow hps usually. And lots of crap drops
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2009-12-19 22:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

We didn't know any BLMs when we used to spam it ; ;
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-19 22:28:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Daimos said:
We didn't know any BLMs when we used to spam it ; ;
rdm/blm could work just as well really. Probably better with the extra enfeebling skill and fast cast. Brd... I have no idea
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2009-12-19 22:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sadly doesn't matter now, trying to get my friends to do any ANNM anymore is like pulling teeth from a chicken :(
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-19 22:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol I hear you. We broke mostly cause peeps kept flaking or showing up with no allied notes so had to farm some on the gather together time.