First Page 2 3 4 5
 Hades.Kylos
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2009-12-14 18:34:29
Link | Quote | Reply

NM Hunting Rare/EX List & THF Solo Guide

Hello there fellow adventurers, this is a post totally dedicated to the Notorius Monsters in FFXI

The List below does not include any NM that are too difficult for a THF to solo, useless NM that do not drop anything, or NM that drop the new Aptant items.

Will also not include any NM that are fought in Missions/Quests, or NM fought in battle arenas like BCNM ENM ISNM or any other endgame areas like Assault, Campaign, Dynamis, Salvage etc.

The only NM that are included, in this list below, are NM that you can go out and find, on your own, and kill them, there are no NM in the list below which drops regular gears (except for the NM Zordonite who drops 2 Rare/ex and 2 regular gears).

It only shows NM, that drop Rare/EX gears and Items associated with getting Rare/EX gears and are intended for a THF, to go out and collect them for their jobs, or simply as trophies they can admire in their Storage. :)

The list i made below, the information i found came mostly from ffxicyclopedia.org so a lot of the thanks are to the people who gather the information there, please be nice as not all the information found may not be 100% reliable, please don't be negative if i got something wrong, just let me know, and ill make changes,

Thank you :)

For those less experienced players who do not know the lingo and abbreviations, i will explain here:

NM = Notorious Monster
Lvl = Level of the monster
<pos> = A command used in game to find your current Position,
Placeholder(PH) = A monster you need to kill, or in some cases, leave alone, to spawn the NM you are hunting.
Claiming = To attack a monster and make it yours to fight
Outclaim = To beat another player to the NM, by quickly using your abilities to make the monster attack you

It may be best at this point to see my other post, to read the basics of soloing THF, and my explanation on the list, as its very similar to this one, please click here >>> http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/?topic_id=6537

There is one difference on this list, it has NMs that have a different spawn type:

Placeholder Time Spawn - This means a regular monster or NM is the placeholder, but certain requirements are needed.
Usually you need to make sure that the placeholder is not attacked, aggroed, or killed, for a certain length of time, when the NM is ready the placeholder will despawn and almost immediately be replaced by the NM.

Also, unlike my first list, in the extra notes, you will see that each Rare/ex gear has details about it, this includes the Level, the slot it is used, and which Jobs can use it.
If you see these may be useful for you, you can type the name of the gear into the Item Search bar, and see what the stats are, easy stuff :)

New to Thief?

To make things a little easier for those new to THF, below is a small list of Rare/EX gear you could get for the job, on your own, some more useful then others.
I will not include Gear like Trotter Boots, Swift Belt, Sirocco Kukri and others similar because the NM are not included in the list below.

Gear, Slot and Level - NM - Details - Link

Bounding Boots (Feet Level 7) - Leaping Lizzy - Very nice, personally i went 1/14, it has a low drop rate, but will be your best in this slot until Level 73.
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Bounding_Boots

Rogetsurin (Ranged Level 15) - Bendegeit Vran, Haty - I like this for the lower levels in EXP parties, it saves you buying bolts for a crossbow, useful for other jobs too, i would definitely not say this is recommended, just nice to have.
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Rogetsurin

Empress Hairpin (Head Level 24) - Valkurm Emperor - Personally went 1/11 on this, but helped a number of LS members go 1/1 with TH4, drop rate seems ok, this is worth the effort to get, and will last you a long time, just like Bounding Boots i recommend this.
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Empress_Hairpin

Peacock Amulet (Neck Level 33) - Argus - I went 1/5 on this, but it drove me completely insane to camp it, the spawn conditions are ridiculous, the drop rate is not great, even with TH4, for the less patient or unlucky people out there, i would recommend to save for the Peacock Charm, unless you really want this trophy like i did, then keep trying for it, this is a luxury piece of gear, not recommended but very nice to have.
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Peacock_Amulet

Hornetsneedle (Dagger Level 48) - Death from Above - I used this dagger, its really nice for your TP, not every THF chooses to get this but i would recommend it, as its good until about level 70+ when the damage is most likely to hit for 0's which will stop the TP build, the fight is pretty easy too, whether you get this is your own personal preference.
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Hornetneedle

Ok thats the end of that list, hope that helped someone :)

You may download the NM list, like the other one, do with it as you wish, just please give me some credit if you wish to pass it on.

http://kylos.webs.com/photos/FFxi/NM%20Rareex.docx (Updated on 28/12/09)

Below is my second list of NM, which i took a lot of time over, all the information may not be 100% correct and is not complete, if you have any information please contact me or leave a message, any tips and praise would be appreciated, thankyou! :)

Rare/EX NM List

Please, if you have ever seen these NM and fought them, and have any details, reply here so i can discuss it with you, and add it to the table, i cant update it without the help of you players! Thankyou

NM which need more Information:-

Name - Zone - Details Needed

Unut - Boyahda Tree - Soloable??

Myradrosh - East Ronfaure (S) - Spawn time needed

Stubborn Dredvodd - Phanauet Channel - Spawn time needed

Picolaton - Western Altepa Desert - Soloable? Level and spawn time to be confirmed

Voluptuous Vilma - Yuhtunga Jungle - Seen this ever?? Let me know if you have! Level and spawn time needed

To be updated at later time!
[+]
 Hades.Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2009-12-14 18:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok phew, i believe im finally done, it has taken me about a week of making my way through all the information, and working it into tables, then managing to present them in a clear way to you all.

Like i said before, you can reply here if you wish to update me on any NM, or to correct a mistake, ill keep the information and change it when possible, hope these 2 lists help some people, i know i learned a lot, and im going to start using them both, this THF has some hunting to do ;)

(End Key)
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-12-14 22:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Stickied :)
 Hades.Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2009-12-14 23:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yay *claps*
 Hades.Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2009-12-16 01:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Another idea of mine, maybe i can make a thread about mission/quest NMs and what players need to beat them, it would be good for example, someone whos never done Aht Urhgan missions, to see just how easy the fights can be done, except the alexander fight.

Another example would be that someone wants to start getting their quests done, so they will see what they need to beat in order to do so, ill only start work on it in my own time if i see interest for it :)
 Hades.Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2009-12-26 07:52:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Updates to both tables are coming real soon, ill be looking round for more information on those NM that do not have enough information, and ill be stating which NM to look out for, which you can then reply back to on here to help the lists.

Also i hope everyone had a good Xmas :)
 Hades.Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2009-12-26 09:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Please, if you have ever seen these NM and fought them, and have any details, reply here so i can discuss it with you, and add it to the table, i cant update it without the help of you players! Thankyou

NM which need more Information:-

Name - Zone - Details Needed

Unut - Boyahda Tree - Soloable??

Myradrosh - East Ronfaure (S) - Spawn time needed

Stubborn Dredvodd - Phanauet Channel - Spawn time needed

Picolaton - Western Altepa Desert - Soloable?? Level and spawn time to be confirmed

Voluptuous Vilma - Yuhtunga Jungle - Seen this ever?? Let me know if you have! Level and spawn time needed

To be updated at later time!
 Seraph.Jacon
Server: Seraph
user: lvicious
By Seraph.Jacon 2009-12-26 11:16:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I'd check the testimonials on ffxiclopedia for most of those. Always good info supplied.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Talk:Bloodthirster_Madkix#Testimonials

fought him and basically agree with all that is said on the NM and the testimonials. /dnc or /nin with npc healer = too easy of a fight.

Drop rate for axe was horrible for me even with thf. Gobs in the back room where he spawns are nothing to worry about. Need snk to get there though through crabs and raptors.
[+]
 Cerberus.Geldric
Server: Cerberus
user: Geldricv2
By Cerberus.Geldric 2009-12-26 11:22:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Vilma doesn't exist.
[+]
 Hades.Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2009-12-26 15:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Jacon, i can change the details :) And ill remove Vilma from the list, when FFxiclopedia and the other websites proves it does not exist
 Hades.Hiryo
user: Hiryo
By Hades.Hiryo 2009-12-26 15:52:24
Link | Quote | Reply

LoO does NOT rage.

Black and white coney are the same NM, so use the same moves.

Pretty sure Biast doesn't have movement speed +12% either.

Also Lumbering Lambert a PH?

Belladonna has added effect of Endrain on attacks.
 Hades.Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2009-12-26 16:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

FFxiclopedia states that: LoO rages after 20 minutes

Black and White coney has different moves, and they are not the same NM, although they are spawned the same, its done at different moon phases

Biast will stay with you, according to a source, if your using movement+ gear, claims to be roughly 12%

Bloodtear Baldurf says that Lumbering Lambert is the PH

Added Endrain effect on attacks to the fight details, thanks.

If you can prove that FFxiclopedia is wrong on what it says, then i will change :)
 Hades.Hiryo
By Hades.Hiryo 2009-12-26 16:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Wiki isn't always right you know.

Kk, i'll go ask Dead to verify, but LoO doesn't rage.
 Hades.Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2009-12-26 16:13:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Links to sources claiming Voluptuous Vilma does exist, with pictures:

FFxiclopedia page
http://209.85.135.132/search?q=cache:UbjpIQH9mCwJ:wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Voluptuous_Vilma+ffxi+voluptuous+vilma&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

Japanese page
http://www5.plala.or.jp/SQR/ff11/monster/nm/ElshimoLowlands.html#VoluptuousVilma

Image showing the .DAT files of the area
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/bmc45069/V.Vilmaexists.jpg
 Hades.Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2009-12-26 16:14:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I know wiki is not always right, it says above, in this thread and my other, that not every single piece of information may be correct, so if anyone can give me some proof on something to prove that its wrong, i will gladly change it, i never said Wiki is 100% correct
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-26 16:15:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Hiryo said:
Blasphemy
 Hades.Hiryo
By Hades.Hiryo 2009-12-26 16:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol well i have Duo'd LoO enough to know that it does not rage after 20 minutes, that enough proof?
Or do you need actualy SS's.
 Hades.Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2009-12-26 16:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I do not know from personal experience that LoO does not rage, it might have been able to at one point, but then it may have been changed in an update, and Wiki has not changed it, can anyone else confirm this to be true?
 Hades.Hiryo
By Hades.Hiryo 2009-12-26 16:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

It used to rage when it dropped KC.
After it changed to Oclub, it stopped raging.
[+]
 Hades.Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2009-12-26 16:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok hiryo, i asked some people too who also fought the NM, and they said it does not rage, i will change the information the next time i update the tables, thankyou :)
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-26 16:25:12
Link | Quote | Reply

SE themselves announced LoO rages. http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/2005_-_(08/1/2005)_Update_Details And all the other non HNM ones are 20min
 Hades.Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2009-12-26 16:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Anymore information that may be incorrect in this table will be gladly accepted, and will be updated at a later date
 Hades.Hiryo
By Hades.Hiryo 2009-12-26 16:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
SE themselves announced LoO rages. http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/2005_-_(08/1/2005)_Update_Details And all the other non HNM ones are 20min

It used to. It does not anymore.
 Hades.Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2009-12-26 16:27:39
Link | Quote | Reply

That was during the time that LoO dropped the kraken club, since then they changed the NM to drop only the rare/ex version, and therefore in testimonials its now soloable by some jobs, if the NM did rage after 20 minutes, i imagine it would be very difficult to solo
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-26 16:27:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh never fought it but they never said they removed it like they normally would. And you would think something that has been around this long and simple like that would've been fixed on wiki. Have you timed and watched its actions carefully?
 Hades.Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2009-12-26 16:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

In my time looking through Wiki, it does have a lot of information which should have been added, and certain NMs are not even placed in the NM section, it needs a good sorting through to be honest, to check for all those little mistakes.

Still i got my information from there because at least 90% of it is correct, and is a lot better organised then other websites
 Hades.Hiryo
By Hades.Hiryo 2009-12-26 16:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Meh never fought it but they never said they removed it like they normally would. And you would think something that has been around this long and simple like that would've been fixed on wiki
Hades.Hiryo said:
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-26 16:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't quote yourself!!! More importantly the vast majority of wiki's wrongness is either stuff that is new and unproven or just hard to prove. This NMs supposedly not raged for how long and no one has updated it?
 Hades.Hiryo
By Hades.Hiryo 2009-12-26 16:34:57
Link | Quote | Reply

It hasn't raged since it stopped dropping KC i believe lol, and that was ages ago..

Hades.Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2009-12-26 16:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Its very possible, but a number of players who i know has fought it, and it has not raged on them, so its more likely its not been changed, then for all those players to be lieing
First Page 2 3 4 5