Link | Quote | Reply

Dramatic post title?
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Nomad
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-12-12 08:39:22
Link | Quote | Reply

it kinda sorta is dieing for sure... been thru 13 LS's in 2 months and am getting tired of trying... most everyone in all my LS's are all like man I solo'd this or I solo'd that or wtf evar I solo'd that and you didn't and im all elitst!

It's seriously like wtf who cares.... So you solo'd something... who you gonna tell? there's a whole *** 498 people online..... out of those 300 are afk...
[+]
Server: Kujata
By Kujata.Thevenominside 2009-12-12 10:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I got banned recently for a miss~understanding, but SE didnt even want to listen, once they ban you its final.

SE just honestly dont give a ***about the people who pays them, clearly. "The customer is always right!" with SE? Not a chance in hell.

I paid for all the Games mulitple times over 4 years, and the mini expansions, to have all my hard work gone, with a click of a finger, Yeh... its only a game but these people dont realise obviously.

Anyways... this sort of thing is adding to the decrease in players, because of that move, banning me... all that effort down the toilet, 4 years of work gone, and i wont be playing ever again, for the simple fact that i dont have it in me to re-do everything again.

So... 1 decent player down, and no more getting my hard earned cash.

After i mulled over my ban i actually realised how good for me it was, i just got a new job, and i can do other things, so its really good, and honestly i dont miss the game, because like you said, its a dead game.

Its crap... people are selfish, you cant get stuff done unless you have a legion of friends or people willing to help.

SE can *** themselves, im gonna play a game where a company actually cares about the customer, back to WoW it is then.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2009-12-12 10:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

People are far more selfish than they used to be.

And elitist.

In fact the majority of people on AH are elitist tbh.

I kind of like games when you just start, You don't get mocked or ridiculed for trying a new strategy out.
[+]
 Asura.Hit
Server: Asura
user: FFXIHit
By Asura.Hit 2009-12-12 11:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

And elitist.

I kind of like games when you just start, You don't get mocked or ridiculed for trying a new strategy out.

Okay yes.. A lot of players ingame are elitist, and from what I've seen a few on AH are as well, but its really up to the current players what the social climate is like. For instance, currently on my server the ppl in question act they way they do because their friends allow it. It's been a long standing opinion of mine that in this game establishment is not a license for disrespect, and friends don't let friends act like ***.

Ninja Edit: as far as the AH elitists, most I've met are accomplished players who're really nice, and will be willing to give advice if you don't act like an ***.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2009-12-12 11:31:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hit said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

And elitist.

Okay yes.. A lot of players ingame are elitist, and from what I've seen a few on AH are as well, but its really up to the current players what the social climate is like. For instance, currently on my server the ppl in question act they way they do because their friends allow it. It's been a long standing opinion of mine that in this game establishment is not a license for disrespect, and friends don't let friends act like ***.

Ninja Edit: as far as the AH elitists, most I've met are accomplished players who're really nice, and will be willing to give advice if you don't act like an ***.

Well not trying to single out certain people, but Vegetto acts elitist (I won't let any mnks i don't know party with me) is an assey thing to say, and i've seen many people on AH say similar things.

My linkshell is full of lovely non-elitist players, but the princess bards and just general *** hats really get me down.
 Asura.Hit
user: FFXIHit
By Asura.Hit 2009-12-12 11:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I know what you're saying man, but honestly I think Vege's eccentricity comes from his love of monk. Likely he doesn't want to party with a lazy or poorly geared monk, and I'm sorry but you don't need the best gear to be a great monk, but it does require you to farm/camp certain items. As far as my ls goes, everybody knows to treat ppl how they'd want to be treated and that comes from solid recruiting. (Thank you Zeroz, Vikaa, Luku & co.)
The biggest problem I've seen on Asura is when players reach a certain landmark i.e. get equipment they wanted or reach a certain level, other players are seemingly unable to type "congrats" or "good job" so its always been my intention to host a supportive/helpful environment in my ls where players can level 1-75 and get help when they need it.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Callicantzaros
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Callicantzaros 2009-12-12 12:05:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I am going to step in and say just a few things and be on My way once again to browse around the forums.

1. FFXI is not dead. This can Be proven By logging into the game and still being able to play. This is unless you been banned or don't have the game to play.

2. There is help out there you just have to put the time and effort into things to make sure you prepped got what you need out of the way so you can just get in and get out with out having to worry about running all over the place.

3. We are all guilty in one way or another for not helping someone. I see shouts all day long for things and most often I am unable to help. cause A.) don't have that mission B.) work is to busy to actually devote the time to helping. But If I am able to help out and have a job that is useful to the task at hand I am more then willing to help if able. Which is funny cause I was told COR was useless in a Nyzul Isle floor 100 by someone the other day. which may very well be the case. but the 5 other times I have done it has seem to go smother or faster

4. There are a lot of people out there that are selfish you just have to deal with it like everyone else. Its a part of life both on a game and in life. If someone is not willing to return the favor after you spent what ever it is doing helping them then you know then next time they send you a tell to ignore them or say you have other things to do.

with all this being said and yes sorry for the long post and half of which has either been said or useless rambling. I wish You a good day.
[+]
Server: Kujata
By Kujata.Thevenominside 2009-12-12 13:26:18
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI guide to end Headaches:

Tired of ***? Cant get a party? Feel like your wasting your time?

Play a properlly supported MMO like wow and avoid the aggro, simple stuff.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ranu
Server: Bismarck
user: Ranu
By Bismarck.Ranu 2009-12-15 20:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Thevenominside said:

LMFAO, it wouldn't be WoW you'd go to, if you don't wanna put up with ***. Much less play it if you don't wanna waste your time, lol.

Matter of fact, every single online game, be it RPG's, FPS's, Simulators etc., all have their fair share of ***, there are no exceptions. Much less, the elitist asswipes there are on every online game.

Hell, I remember pre-online gaming, and it still is with those games that aren't 100% online capable. If you walked into any gaming store back then and still today, you'll get the elitist ***, and most of em work for the gaming store.

But to be honest and fair, FFXI has been the game that has had thee fewest asswipes on it that I've played to date.

I'd suggest playing any of the FPS games, hit up that FPS's clan scene, then come back and try and say that FFXI has that many *** in it. >.>

But, WoW being freer of *** then FFXI, LMAO kid, lmao.
 Gilgamesh.Areaden
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Areaden
By Gilgamesh.Areaden 2009-12-15 20:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

first off Itt! you douche, and other non douche people on gilga, you guys are server transfers and dont know many people, so when you shout its like helping a total stranger. 2nd, its not that we are "selfish" its that in the past the unselfish have been burned by the people they have helped. I got well over 150 ppl sky in like a week, i was running 30+ people a day from zm1-12 for 8-15 hours per day. Why did i do it? i wanted ***from sky and people needed it. lol this was before ToAU and right after CoP. I did this also for a new ls that was started. Then it broke due to people leaving to other ls's now that they had sky ls. I did a 25 hat ohat run in a day too. And i could NEVER get help for anything i needed. Soooo me and a few other likeminded and like goaled people just fromed a group of 3-4 and did everything together. I hate how you people think that others owe you something or the game is dieing becacse you dont have someone to help you when you need help. News reports in April of this year have FFXI with 2 million active charters and 500,000 active players. After almost 7 years they had hit a new high. The numbers are there, SE's sales are up, and the game is still VERY profitable...

HERE IS THE BEST ADVISE I HAVE FOR YOU "OMFGBBQIMOHOMOS" WHO THINK THE GAME ID DIEING.... STFU OR LEARN JAPANESE.
 Phoenix.Lazuras
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Lazuras 2009-12-15 21:19:58
Link | Quote | Reply

OMFG, the game is dying?!?

How come no one told me?
 Shiva.Emobi
user: Emobi
By Shiva.Emobi 2009-12-16 16:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Ittoryu said:
I think that most of the people that created such a friendly environment in FFXI have quit the game, leaving only mostly selfish people left.

1) get new friends.
2) failing that, jump servers, and get new friends.
3) join a non-endgame linkshell (THAT'S where all of the fun people are)
4) do your own thing. small hobbies on the game like chocobo raising, ballista, and events are a great way to meet people who are into FFXI for the fun, not the competition.

Good luck!

★emobi

edit: try to avoid unpleasant people like several of those on this thread... they are sad, miserable losers with nothing to live for, so they obsess over and create drama.
[+]
 Shiva.Nightraid
By Shiva.Nightraid 2009-12-16 16:36:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I love you Emo. <3
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2009-12-16 16:37:37
Link | Quote | Reply

After i mulled over my ban i actually realised how good for me it was, i just got a new job, and i can do other things, so its really good, and honestly i dont miss the game, because like you said, its a dead game.

Its crap... people are selfish, you cant get stuff done unless you have a legion of friends or people willing to help.

SE can *** themselves, im gonna play a game where a company actually cares about the customer, back to WoW it is then.

You're so right dude, you can tell how you've totally kicked ffxi to the curb and moved on with your life by the way you keep hanging around and posting on the forums of a game you don't play anymore.

Grats, man
[+]
 Shiva.Emobi
user: Emobi
By Shiva.Emobi 2009-12-16 16:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

omg LOL Sevourn! Hit that nail on the head! I think his bitterness is the funniest part... it's a game... did it REALLY get that far under his skin..... ♪ issuuuuuuuues ♪

and |☆∀☆)ノ Nightraid!
 Shiva.Dharkhon
By Shiva.Dharkhon 2009-12-16 17:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I will agree that the game is declining, as when I first started 2 1/2 years ago, peak population on Shiva was 2K+ and now its barely breaking 1K, but dying? Hardly.
 Odin.Kalico
Server: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2009-12-16 17:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I got banned recently for a miss~understanding, but SE didnt even want to listen, once they ban you its final. SE just honestly dont give a ***about the people who pays them, clearly. "The customer is always right!" with SE? Not a chance in hell. I paid for all the Games mulitple times over 4 years, and the mini expansions, to have all my hard work gone, with a click of a finger, Yeh... its only a game but these people dont realise obviously. Anyways... this sort of thing is adding to the decrease in players, because of that move, banning me... all that effort down the toilet, 4 years of work gone, and i wont be playing ever again, for the simple fact that i dont have it in me to re-do everything again. So... 1 decent player down, and no more getting my hard earned cash. After i mulled over my ban i actually realised how good for me it was, i just got a new job, and i can do other things, so its really good, and honestly i dont miss the game, because like you said, its a dead game. Its crap... people are selfish, you cant get stuff done unless you have a legion of friends or people willing to help. SE can *** themselves, im gonna play a game where a company actually cares about the customer, back to WoW it is then.

Lmao @ banned for misunderstanding, sure bro what did they band you for?
stop bitching make a new character or just STFU
This time don't do anything stupid to get you banned.
If you want to do stupid ***to get banned just make sure
you do it on seperate account with diff CC on a bs character lol.
Maybe its so many less players because a lot were botting scamming ect..
and got cought and banned. what you really mean is "dam its so hard to scam and cheat now". :0 hey didn't you used to buy gold :0 lol
 Fairy.Usua
Server: Fairy
user: Usua
By Fairy.Usua 2009-12-17 05:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Maimed said:
I miss tele-bots in whitegate. I don't care if you don't believe in supporting RMTs, they were damn reliable when you needed a tele. Can't get a tele to save your life nowadays without practically offering 10k for 45 seconds worth of work. I suppose it's a hell of a way to fund a relic... makin like 800k/hr holding people by the balls just for a tele.
lol I've seen a few of the tele-bots maned recently. Used to get good 1 gil warps but got caught at it one day when the owner was there :p
 Fairy.Usua
Server: Fairy
user: Usua
By Fairy.Usua 2009-12-17 05:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI guide to end Headaches:

No one likes Weiner On Weiner except whinny little *** who can't do anything that takes a little bit of skill, but that defines you perfectly, doesn't it?
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2009-12-17 06:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Dharkhon said:
I will agree that the game is declining, as when I first started 2 1/2 years ago, peak population on Shiva was 2K and now its barely breaking 1K, but dying? Hardly.

Lol what Shiva server are you on? At time if typing, there are 1988 players on, and it's non peak time.
 Shiva.Nightraid
By Shiva.Nightraid 2009-12-17 07:27:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Moopy Moop!
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-12-17 07:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

if the population is declining, there can be two causes...

1). *** are multiplying due to rapid female race decline

2). people are leaving

FFXI's population is declining...
 Ifrit.Edric
Server: Ifrit
user: Edric
By Ifrit.Edric 2009-12-19 23:11:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Lulz Kungfuhustle, you always have a way with words. The unabundance of female flesh is indeed the killing stroke to our fair land of Vana'diel.

Uh, all kidding aside.. No FFXI is not dying, it's merely going through another change. It's always been changing. Changing for the better, who is to say? Right now, the economy is still screwed up, and our server is as always full of elitist *** (well for the better part, I suppose, still plenty of awesome people hanging around). FFXI will never die until SE unplugs the servers, and that's a cold hard fact. No matter how many egotistical ***, elitist know-it-alls who only live and die by their LS, or whiny nubfags our world contains, there will always be an equally massive number of good hearted people, of all nationalities, ready to lend a helping hand, or a word of advice, and occasionally an R3 when we go and do something stupid. Sometimes it's hard to be the guy to lend a hand if someone needs a Promy-Vazhl or something, because alot of us have a busy work week, or what have you. Either way, if any of you have extra time on your hands, I encourage you to lend your sword, a word of advice, or a listening ear to someone who may be in need. Sometimes taking five minutes out of your time to offer someone a useful tip can save that person hours of trial and error. Sometimes charging into battle at the behest of a new found friend can be a rewarding experience.

Just my two cents, it won't buy you a bag of chips, but may make someone's day.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
Server: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2009-12-20 00:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

1718 online right now, Saturday 10pm PST, 2pm Sunday Tokyo, if I did the math correctly. JP still play a lot, but it'd be nice if they merged servers. SE would save money on less servers they'd have to maintain, but since FFXIV is going to use the same server names, I bet they'll keep the same servers on FFXI, and not merge them.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-12-20 00:53:41
Link | Quote | Reply

1926 on right now 1:53 AM EST/ 2:53PM JP

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Patriclis
user: Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2009-12-20 01:02:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Merging servers won't help anyone. Going to have twice as many of everything seeking (meaning twice as many dragoon burn PTs using up all the lesser colibri where other less popular parties will have to move to lower camps and gain less exp), More people camping HNMs meaning more competition, and drama, and just more crowding in general.
 Bahamut.Rydiya
Server: Bahamut
user: Rydiya
By Bahamut.Rydiya 2009-12-20 01:05:11
Link | Quote | Reply

OP said:
Whatever OP said
Your face is pretty much dead.
[+]