First Page 2 3 4 5
 Shiva.Clowdd
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Clowdd 2009-12-10 17:55:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Dascorp said:
Fairy.Maimed said:
Funny how getting to Byakko almost always seems to be a clusterfuck of "zomg open yellow, now blue, go go go! ____ just got aggro" when it's simple.. keep silent oils on you, pop a new one away from weapons.. Yet I still see people die to this all the time. You can give someone an E.body and Ridll, but you'll never be able to rid them of their noob roots.
I got mpked by a rng with k-club going to kitty ; ; Guess he couldn't afford oils... So like I had snk up and used flee, the rng didnt have snk up and just used shadow bind on a weapon next to me and a bunch of other people trying to get to byakko. That weapon killed me, and of course the rng lived and didnt apologies or anything. I didnt realize WTF happened, cause I was face down before I knew it <.< Needless to say I wanted to hurt him bad, then I was bitched at and blamed for aggroing the weapon, even though /cough when I had snk up....

I'm confused. Maybe it's just me, but if some one else in your party aggros a mob while you have sneak up it wouldn't attack you. Unless you engaged or it used an AoE next to you. Your sneak should not have worn. Countless times I've seen this and never been aggroed. Unless you somehow put yourself on the hate list. Curing who was being attacked, attacking the mob or being in range of it's AoE.

So maybe your sneak WASN'T up or you did something to put yourself on the hate list. In that case. I would of blamed you both. Unless the mob had true sound, which it didn't you did something.
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-12-10 18:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Help is always there it's just how you approach it. I've seen many people scream/shout/cry about never getting things done and how nobody will help them, and often enough all it took was 5mins for me to find them help.

In fact I get angry about peoples lack of enthusiasm to get things done on their own, the amount of times I see this whole "Noone will help me with CoP or other mission". And everytime I tell them there is a shout in Whitegate for their said mission I always some *** reason as to why they can't do it, It's like they want you to take over their account and do it for them then give it back.

People always always moan about it and well... causes me to moan on here!
 Bahamut.Pjohn
Server: Bahamut
user: Pjohn
By Bahamut.Pjohn 2009-12-10 18:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The people shouting in white gate for help seem to be more likely to return the favor than some of the people I have been LSs with constantly begging for help.

/SHRUG
 Alexander.Nepharite
Server: Alexander
user: nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2009-12-10 18:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Clowdd said:
Fenrir.Dascorp said:
Fairy.Maimed said:
Funny how getting to Byakko almost always seems to be a clusterfuck of "zomg open yellow, now blue, go go go! ____ just got aggro" when it's simple.. keep silent oils on you, pop a new one away from weapons.. Yet I still see people die to this all the time. You can give someone an E.body and Ridll, but you'll never be able to rid them of their noob roots.
I got mpked by a rng with k-club going to kitty ; ; Guess he couldn't afford oils... So like I had snk up and used flee, the rng didnt have snk up and just used shadow bind on a weapon next to me and a bunch of other people trying to get to byakko. That weapon killed me, and of course the rng lived and didnt apologies or anything. I didnt realize WTF happened, cause I was face down before I knew it <.< Needless to say I wanted to hurt him bad, then I was bitched at and blamed for aggroing the weapon, even though /cough when I had snk up....

I'm confused. Maybe it's just me, but if some one else in your party aggros a mob while you have sneak up it wouldn't attack you. Unless you engaged or it used an AoE next to you. Your sneak should not have worn. Countless times I've seen this and never been aggroed. Unless you somehow put yourself on the hate list. Curing who was being attacked, attacking the mob or being in range of it's AoE.

So maybe your sneak WASN'T up or you did something to put yourself on the hate list. In that case. I would of blamed you both. Unless the mob had true sound, which it didn't you did something.

If a mob is bound, it will attack ANYONE in your party, doesn't matter if they have hate or not.

This used to be the preferred method of killing RMT till they patched it to not kill anyone walking by, it only effects those in your party/alliance now.
 Bahamut.Pjohn
user: Pjohn
By Bahamut.Pjohn 2009-12-10 18:20:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea when you bind a mob it will hit the closest thing to it that is involved in the same PT or alliance.
 Alexander.Nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2009-12-10 18:22:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry I forgot to add "closest" to it.(thanks pjohn) I really thought the bind thing was common knowledge. Guess if your not a job capable of binding something, it could be easily overlooked.
 Fairy.Maimed
Server: Fairy
user: Maimed
By Fairy.Maimed 2009-12-10 18:26:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
Fairy.Maimed said:
holding people by the balls just for a tele.
Wow. lol. This type of attitude is exactly why I don't help random shouters. People think everyone else owes them something.

Believe me I don't think all WHMs are obligated to teleport anyone (in fact none are). I just find it funny people would /shout and bash the RMT telebots in whitegate, complaining that they couldn't have a fair chance at making money teleporting people themselves. Once the bots disappeared, all those talking about providing this service in exchange for gil magically disappeared.

They had to *** up a perfectly good thing. I'm not owed anything by anyone but if you're going to complain about RMTs doing teleports and then not be willing to do it yourself, don't ruin it for the rest of us.

--

Edit: And I've met WHMs whom admit to not bothering to tele until people desperately shout for 5k+ per tele.

Not everyone is like this, but the person who is willing to do it for a reasonable price is far and few in between to say the RMT telebots should never come back. Love 'em or hate 'em, they were damn reliable and didn't gouge people for the service they provided.
[+]
 Unicorn.Frisk
Server: Unicorn
user: Frisk
By Unicorn.Frisk 2009-12-10 18:37:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Ittoryu said:
I think that most of the people that created such a friendly environment in FFXI have quit the game, leaving only mostly selfish people left. I remember a few years back when all you had to do was shout for help and get help almost immediately. Nowadays you won't get help unless people need it as well. What are your thoughts?

I pretty much wont help anyone that shouts asking for help unless I'm extremely bored or that a friend of mine can vouch for
but i'll spend hours on end helping friends or LS mates, so does that make me selfish that I don't help 100% of the player base?

I don't know about your server, but half the people that shout ***in whitegate here are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE as hell an make me not want to help them
[+]
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-12-10 19:06:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Maimed said:
They had to *** up a perfectly good thing. I'm not owed anything by anyone but if you're going to complain about RMTs doing teleports and then not be willing to do it yourself, don't ruin it for the rest of us.

Not sure how it is on your server, but on my server, it's not viable to tele-***. Hardly anyone shouts for teleports anymore, thanks to all the other ways you can get around just as fast, or even faster.

And define "reasonable" price. 5k is pocket change, and if you're unwilling to part with that for a service with no price cap, then maybe you should teleport yourself.
[+]
 Seraph.Icefoxx
Server: Seraph
user: Icefoxx
By Seraph.Icefoxx 2009-12-10 19:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Ittoryu said:
I think that most of the people that created such a friendly environment in FFXI have quit the game, leaving only mostly selfish people left. I remember a few years back when all you had to do was shout for help and get help almost immediately. Nowadays you won't get help unless people need it as well. What are your thoughts?

Yeah, I understand what you mean. While you should try shouting anyways, I can understand how frustrating it is. I'm the type of person that helps out everyone if I have the time and of course my job is worth it in the set up plan. But I know what you mean about most of the good people leaving. That happened to me as well. Most of my old friends since game start left the game awhile ago, and now the newer people well... they can be nice and I'm not saying EVERYONE is like this but some of the newer people don't really know what they're doing because they got power leveled or something XD

Your best bet is to find an LS or make one for yourself. Yes, reputation does go a long way on this game... Getting someone to help in shouts is hard sometimes. Only want Gil or some kind of reward unless they need whatever themselves. Again, it's okay to be frustrated, but please continue to try to get assistance. If shouting does not work, then like I said find a shell or make one. That's your best bet. Sorry I'm not on your server, otherwise I would help out when I could. Best of luck to you!
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-12-10 20:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Maimed said:

in a brutally honest way, this makes sense. People complain that botters are teleporting people, yet those same people (especially those with WHM leveled) don't do it themselves.

Yeah, RMT do suck, they suck enough *** to make a gay man in a million-man orgy jealous...(thats it about them)

As for people who will only help if its beneficial for everyone, WELCOME TO THE BARTER SYSTEM, you scratch my back, I scratch yours. If you already have the item in question but still would like to help, then good for you.
[+]
 Fenrir.Dascorp
Server: Fenrir
user: dascorp
By Fenrir.Dascorp 2009-12-10 20:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Nepharite said:
Sorry I forgot to add "closest" to it.(thanks pjohn) I really thought the bind thing was common knowledge. Guess if your not a job capable of binding something, it could be easily overlooked.
Shiva.Clowdd said:
Fenrir.Dascorp said:
Fairy.Maimed said:

lol the moron rng was in the alliance, hence why it agroed me, and I said i used flee. I dont see I can cure someone if I can use flee, people need to read before they reply... I said I was next to it when he binned it, what dont you understand? Weapons use AoE if you didnt know...

I didnt say he was in the alliance with me or not, you all just assumed that he wasnt and thanks for rate downs <.<
 Alexander.Nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2009-12-10 20:42:02
Link | Quote | Reply

ummm... Dascorp I was backing up your story, I did happen to read everything. I was stating that bind did cause it to hit you. Not that you willingly ran into something like that.

I was just stating what bind does, because Clowdd did not know this information. (which might not be any fault of his own, because he may not be familiar with bind)

I'm just trying to provide information. I apologize that I wrote it in such a way that you have taken it wrong.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-12-10 20:55:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Dascorp
Server: Fenrir
user: dascorp
By Fenrir.Dascorp 2009-12-10 21:30:57
Link | Quote | Reply

ummm... Dascorp I was backing up your story, I did happen to read everything. I was stating that bind did cause it to hit you. Not that you willingly ran into something like that.

I was just stating what bind does, because Clowdd did not know this information. (which might not be any fault of his own, because he may not be familiar with bind)

I'm just trying to provide information. I apologize that I wrote it in such a way that you have taken it wrong.

That wasn't toward you, it was towards Clowdd. If you dont know about something dont comment on it and make a wrong one at that. As you read he was talking about me having hate and curing people and not having sneak up. If I said I used flee, that clearly means that I was not on a mage job.

to clarify

I didnt agro the mob, I clearly said that the ranger shadow binded the mob that he aggroed because he didnt have sneak up. The ranger had no concern that there people next to the mob he shadow binded. He put his sneak up after shadow bind and bounced like nothing happened. When the mob was attacking me...

Not the first time a ranger had done that to me. This is another reason that I hate rangers. The other one is sure ask me to come sam/thf, but the ranger/s wont wait till the people that are /thf to align and plant hate on the tanks, make the mob go run and lose my tp, cuase they like to weapons skill before the pld/nin have the time to voke/flash on gods/jailers. Then they wonder why the die.

The ranger is not so bright if he doesnt know how shadow bind work before getting that job to 75...
 Asura.Hit
Server: Asura
user: FFXIHit
By Asura.Hit 2009-12-10 21:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Ittoryu said:

Personally I doubt that FFXI is in danger of dying as a game. EverQuest launched March, 1999, and still boasts a dedicated community of fans. (and also launched a sequel in 2004 that enjoys similar success, EQII)

That being said I do understand what you mean in regards to the social climate of the game. The game is 5 years old now (ps2 release) and you're of course going to have the clash of the those who have finished most of what there is to do (haves) and those just starting out (have nots); My advice would be, get out there and meet ppl you enjoy playing with and start a static for the events you want done.

Keep in mind it's a game not just a grind. Don't cheat yourself out of the the experience. All in all when you're done playing its not the OMGWTFTHATSAWESOME gear you're gonna remember, it's the ppl who helped you along the way.
[+]
 Fairy.Phatdade
Server: Fairy
user: phatdade
By Fairy.Phatdade 2009-12-10 21:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

You should join a server with a fruity name like... oh say.. Fairy, and then join a pink linkshell.

Most a-holes are too macho to step to that.
[+]
 Shiva.Clowdd
By Shiva.Clowdd 2009-12-10 22:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Dascorp said:
ummm... Dascorp I was backing up your story, I did happen to read everything. I was stating that bind did cause it to hit you. Not that you willingly ran into something like that. I was just stating what bind does, because Clowdd did not know this information. (which might not be any fault of his own, because he may not be familiar with bind) I'm just trying to provide information. I apologize that I wrote it in such a way that you have taken it wrong.
That wasn't toward you, it was towards Clowdd. If you dont know about something dont comment on it and make a wrong one at that. As you read he was talking about me having hate and curing people and not having sneak up. If I said I used flee, that clearly means that I was not on a mage job. to clarify I didnt agro the mob, I clearly said that the ranger shadow binded the mob that he aggroed because he didnt have sneak up. The ranger had no concern that there people next to the mob he shadow binded. He put his sneak up after shadow bind and bounced like nothing happened. When the mob was attacking me... Not the first time a ranger had done that to me. This is another reason that I hate rangers. The other one is sure ask me to come sam/thf, but the ranger/s wont wait till the people that are /thf to align and plant hate on the tanks, make the mob go run and lose my tp, cuase they like to weapons skill before the pld/nin have the time to voke/flash on gods/jailers. Then they wonder why the die. The ranger is not so bright if he doesnt know how shadow bind work before getting that job to 75...

First off I never said that YOU cured, I mainly stated ways of getting on hate list. Secondly I'm not a rng and stated that maybe your sneak was down. But not once did I say you cured. It's an honest mistake that I don't know much as rng considering I'm not one and I don't have moronic RNG's in Sky who "MPK" me nor any LS mates dumb enough not to come unprepared and if they did I ALWAYS keep silent pots and Prisms on me to avoid those problems. And as far as I know aside from the bind problem which I didn't know. You don't aggro from mobs you haven't in any way provoked in any way. Curing(not saying you -.-), or not having snk or inv up when the team mate is aggroed while is same party or alliance. Get your ***straight please.

kthxbai

**NINJA EDIT**

Oh I was wrong about AoE. This is from wiki:

If you are hit by an AoE effect that was not targeting you, Sneak status will remain.

And someone should edit Wiki on sneak since it doesn't state that if an enemy is shadow bound, it will aggro a pt/alliance member who does have sneak on.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-12-11 00:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Clowdd said:
Fenrir.Dascorp said:
you're all ***
You *** take this game too seriously...
You *** need to chill the *** out before you lose your virginity through self destruction.

fixed

Its just blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahjblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahbklahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah....

That's about it.
[+]
 Shiva.Nightraid
By Shiva.Nightraid 2009-12-11 01:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I've always wondered why people get so defensive/butthurt and do everything they can to prove them otherwise, when someone mentions "dead game"

FFXI isnt dead and idk if its dying but the Population has definitely gotten smaller on my server at least.

There used to be nearly 4k players on at all times just 2 years ago and now theres only give or take 1k during NA times, 3k during JP time.

Maybe the financial crisis is to blame, people losing jobs/losing money etc etc.
idk lol
 Bahamut.Paulus
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2009-12-11 02:09:37
Link | Quote | Reply

While our server was open I helped out on countless coffer key quests, genkai, ZM missions and cop missions. Most of those people with very little exception even play anymore. If they had fun perhaps you couldn't call it wasted time. The game is just too hard core for the casual player.
 Bahamut.Oblivion
user: remnant
By Bahamut.Oblivion 2009-12-11 02:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I actively avoid signing on, the carrot on a stick crap gets old after you've done it countless times before.

If FFXIV is more of the same stuff, I can't foresee myself throwing away more time on that game, either.
 Phoenix.Lazuras
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Lazuras 2009-12-11 04:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Maimed said:
offering 10k for 45 seconds worth of work
Geezus cryst, sign me up for that gravy train. Mmmm, k's.
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2009-12-11 04:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Golden time to play atm.
 Cerberus.Kenobi
Server: Cerberus
user: Kenobi
By Cerberus.Kenobi 2009-12-11 07:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

People don't try to help themselves, almost all the shouts (especially for CoP) are of people expecting you to tell them exactly what to do step by step and don't even appreciate your time/effort/gil you spend trying to help them. Prime example is buying med items or whatever for a fight that you dont even need and then the person that needed it doesnt have any meds at all because they couldnt take 10mins to look up what it was all about before. If you want help show it by being prepared and try to get it done with the least amount of people possible. The less you depend on others the better off you are.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Despain
Server: Pandemonium
user: Parhelia
By Pandemonium.Despain 2009-12-11 08:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Ittoryu said:

I don't know about you, but between the 2 servers I've played in, its always been like this.

The only 2 reasons I'll ever help anyone is if a. I'm bored, b. I need it as well.
 Caitsith.Alriath
Server: Caitsith
user: Alriath
By Caitsith.Alriath 2009-12-11 09:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kenobi said:
People don't try to help themselves, almost all the shouts (especially for CoP) are of people expecting you to tell them exactly what to do step by step and don't even appreciate your time/effort/gil you spend trying to help them. Prime example is buying med items or whatever for a fight that you dont even need and then the person that needed it doesnt have any meds at all because they couldnt take 10mins to look up what it was all about before. If you want help show it by being prepared and try to get it done with the least amount of people possible. The less you depend on others the better off you are.

This so *** much...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-12-11 12:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Make lots of friends. There ya go... You help them, then they'll help you.

And I personally like having a lot of ls's..
 Titan.Xantavia
Server: Titan
user: xantavia
By Titan.Xantavia 2009-12-11 22:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I think another important question is "do you help others that /shout for things". I know I do if I have nothing better going on at the time. I've done G1/2 several times for people based on shouts or /seacoms. I actually shouted that I was going to kill the G2 mobs for the miraculous dale quest in case anybody needed it. I actually got a /tell asking if I could help do an AU mission (13 maybe? the fomor in the graveyard fight). I was a 60ish bst at the time and more than willing to give it a shot (lost the first attempt because the guy needed help didn't understand the "do NOTHING" to avoid getting hate on mob. Died on a pet swap)

I guess that's the player I am. I will almost always go out and do something to break the xp grinding. Try new/different stuff is alot of fun IMO.

Strangely enough, I always feel bad asking for help. I don't want to interupt others from doing their thing to help me out.
 Asura.Hit
Server: Asura
user: FFXIHit
By Asura.Hit 2009-12-11 22:57:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Paulus said:
While our server was open I helped out on countless coffer key quests, genkai, ZM missions and cop missions. Most of those people with very little exception even play anymore. If they had fun perhaps you couldn't call it wasted time. The game is just too hard core for the casual player.

This.. all of this.