Forum » FFXI » NMs » Killer Jonny
Killer Jonny
 Cerberus.Geldric
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Geldricv2
By Cerberus.Geldric 2009-12-21 22:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't see any relevance as per the butthurt form?
 Fairy.Vytiss
Server: Fairy
user: Vytiss
By Fairy.Vytiss 2009-12-22 14:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

solo'd this to 43%, solo, as DRK/NIN with yagudo drinks and BioII and keeping the hill near spawn at the bottom of cliff between me and it (paths funny around the northside, giving you a good lead even w/o movement speed)
... rarely needed the drinks since you can rest some mp back when it unclaims and starts walking off.
JUST REMEMBER TO KEEP BIO ON IT! (or it will regen 10%/tick.
Only reason for fail was because another group kept trying to claim it when it would deaggro and some hastey moves on my part to out-reclaim it. Ended up getting a handful of friends to help me finish it off, and then deaggro'd at 1% allowing other group to get killshot. Asshats. But what can you do?

i didn't even need the drop, have no jobs that can use it. Was mainly just curious if i COULD do it, and now I know i can... so enjoy the info :)
p.s. just do your best to avoid adds, although easily sleepable and dealt with when KJ deaggros (WITH BIO UP)
 Remora.Beltenebros
Server: Remora
By Remora.Beltenebros 2009-12-22 15:00:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I too wish to solo this, solo, to 43% :P
 Remora.Thiefninja
user: Gawdless
By Remora.Thiefninja 2009-12-22 15:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

solod this 8 times as rdm/nin. any job can solo this with a dot/kite method. the only problem i ran into is the two gobs that hang around the rock i kited around. but you can lost hate on them fast and since jonny deaggs fast(most times) its simple. took me a lil over 30mins soloing because my thunder3 would sometimes be gimped as crap, 500s sometimes and then 20,135,268,500+... but when i fought him on windsday i never got resisted on thunder 3. wierd but maybe he weaker on that day, and thats the day i got drop lol. anyways rdm/nin solo is easy.
 Phoenix.Albatross
Server: Phoenix
user: Albatross
By Phoenix.Albatross 2009-12-22 16:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

This NM is pretty easy to solo as RDM/NIN with crimson legs. All you gotta do is pull it over to the rock at the very bottom of H-8 and kite it around that with poison/bio, he also deaggros very quickly this way so you can toss a couple nukes at it when it does. Bring a stack of echo drops just in case you get silenced.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2009-12-22 16:46:21
Link | Quote | Reply

This thing is RDM/NIN soloable, but incredibly risky. Literally 1 hit can end it.

The best option is an Evasion built thief tanking. Summoner, Bard, Red mage. Try to max evasion, when you cap the NM's miss rate, you can focus on other things.

Killer Jonny is just too tricky to try and low man. It wouldn't be that big of a deal, but for some reason, (At least on Odin) tons of WAR's ***their pants over the fendoir since I guess it's like "OMG DONT NEEDZ 2 GET JOYUSE NOWZ LOL" which is about as smart as sticking a hot curling iron up your ***.
 Remora.Thiefninja
By Remora.Thiefninja 2009-12-22 16:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I only tried poison 5 times with full enfeeble merits but gear wasn't great cause i forgot it in mog lol but anyways he reisted it all 5 times. I think he is immune. which would make sense. since he causes poison... Idk maybe my rdm is just fale.(btw i know how to spell fail)

oh and i only got hit with silence once since i was normally too far away to get hit. but yeah i would say bring 6 drops. (thunder3 is very nice in dropping his *** faster)
 Remora.Thiefninja
By Remora.Thiefninja 2009-12-22 16:53:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
This thing is RDM/NIN soloable, but incredibly risky. Literally 1 hit can end it.

honestly with movement speed+ and the fact he deaggs fast it isnt hard. yes 1 hit can ruin it but you should really never get hit. second of all with pro/shell4 his poison only procced once out of 6 hits. if you really want to put up barwater and poison i doubt it would hit you. keeping up SS will let you survive since poison wears after a few tics, (i dropped to 38 as mithra rdm and full hp merits, but SS wasn't on) and if you have rr up.. its cake. but yeah if you have *** on your server who will steal it when it goes unclaimed best bet would be not to solo...2rdm/nin would be able to hold him forever.

and i never let him go unclaimed when i saw he lost hate i would cast blind or para to get him back.

oh and if you have RR...you should be able to solo even if ***goes wrong the first time.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1175 days between previous and next post]
By chrysalis1015 2013-03-11 13:19:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Soloed this Today 2 times on BST I killed at 8am last time and before the 6hr mark i logged in to find out someone else had alrdy killed it meaning that the 8mour minimum pop is *** so now i have no axe and no idea when it was killed thank you FF11 wiki for being wrong again!
 Quetzalcoatl.Scruffyballs
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Scruffyballs 2013-03-11 13:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

1. Good job at a 3 year bump
2. That axe is trash.