Killer Jonny
First Page 2
 Asura.Kidrolla
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kidrolla
By Asura.Kidrolla 2009-11-17 21:39:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Did this NM a few mins ago and this thing is a pain, went with 2 bst,5 smn,1 thf,1 sch.Was going good at first and it started spaming silence and it does lose hate fast, started bouncing around and once it hit you for about 600 and would have poison on you for 160 a tick.But after many deaths and pets we downed it and had thf hit at the end and got the drop Woot!!! advice go with least 12 or more for this.

Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-17 21:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Can a SMN solo it you think?
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-17 21:42:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
Idk 600 a hit+ 160tic poison...sounds icky
[+]
 Asura.Kidrolla
By Asura.Kidrolla 2009-11-17 21:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I would not try to solo this, but you would be the man if you did.Me and a freind meekrab went new nm killing and ran into this guy,tried to duo it and after it killed 8 raptors in 2 mins we ran out of pets and hits us one time and watch the hp go bye bye.After that i went and got more people and came back to kill it.Also wouldnt try to zerg it.Seems pets is the way to go,but in time will tell.
 Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-11-17 22:11:14
Link | Quote | Reply

This guy was icky. Tried it with THF SMN SMN, with the THF kiting it, the only problem was whenever we tried to BP the hate went on us. It was much better after the SMNs changed to /NIN, but the poison is pretty much insta death if you miss shadows. You're good at SMN soloing so.... if you want to spend a really long time, you can probably kill it. D: Just be really careful about getting hate from any actions including utsu/BPs/etc :s

We dragged it from it's spot down to a rock and kited around the rock. More or less aggro free if you're super careful. @_@;
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-17 22:22:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Normal movement speed? Sounds like a job for rng kiting!
 Fairy.Azulmagia
Server: Fairy
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-11-17 22:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't mind that Axe for a my future Primal Rend build but bleh, I already have Martial and Temperance. Dunno if it's worth trying.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-17 23:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Azulmagia said:
I wouldn't mind that Axe for a my future Primal Rend build but bleh, I already have Martial and Temperance. Dunno if it's worth trying.
Maybe. Magical ws are calculated weird. Obviously this it offhand and I'm guess your idea is mainhand temperance... but really mainhanding temp you lose 6% dmg at 100 tp from ftp assuming 0 fint(fINT = 8 + ΔINT/2 sorta functions like fstr in normal ws but is added after ftp for some weird reason).

The weapon dmg wont do anything to affect dmg. Obviously you lower your dot a little but your ws will be only be about 6% less dmg if fint 0 less if its positive more if its negative, but 2 double attack weapons will do more ws.
 Fairy.Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-11-17 23:17:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
The weapon dmg wont do anything to affect dmg. Obviously you lower your dot a little but your ws will be only be about 6% less dmg if fint 0 less if its positive more if its negative, but 2 double attack weapons will do more ws.

Yeah, WS damage won't be hurt, but... attacking with a nab-DMG weapon against high level mobs, well, just doesn't do much. For 1H weapons, each point of DMG is incredibly crucial. Going from 46 DMG to 11 DMG is a difference of 35 DMG: that's a lot.

Also, while I may WS more often, Martial Axe would give more powerful WSs simply from the fact that I would WS with 200% minimum.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-17 23:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I would solo it now....

...but BLM buffer is nill, got to work on that lol
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-17 23:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah your dot and ws dmg will go down. But really martial aint adding that much to your dmg. Like I said 6% if you have the mobs int is 16 more than your or a little more if otherwise. But really if you gear up the mob shouldn't have that much more than you especially since it improves your dmg I mean sure chr is about 2.4 times more helpful (at 100% tp more at higher amounts) but can balance a little. Chances are though your ws dmg will go down by less than 6%. While you will get tp approximately 1.33 times faster. As far as dmg for offhand the drop in dmg hurts but less you'd immediately think though really to make up for it or come close this thing would really need to hit up to 3 or 4 times.

That being said you might want to try temp main and offhand this Trilling Dagger NOt sure if it will work but it does with plenty of other things
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-17 23:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

where is it again?
 Fairy.Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-11-17 23:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
That being said you might want to try temp main and offhand this Trilling Dagger NOt sure if it will work but it does with plenty of other things

Very creative suggestion. I'd definitely have to try that, but I'd need to start skilling dagger and I'm already trying to cap both axe and scythe per level. BST also has a shaky C+ in Dagger.
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-11-17 23:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
where is it again?
Cape Teriggan H-7
Almost got killed by it today <.>
 Asura.Kidrolla
By Asura.Kidrolla 2009-11-17 23:37:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Cape Teriggan and i found it at h-7
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-17 23:38:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Azulmagia said:
Dasva said:
Very creative suggestion. I'd definitely have to try that, but I'd need to start skilling dagger and I'm already trying to cap both axe and scythe per level. BST also has a shaky C in Dagger.
Lol really even if you miss most your dagger hits your temp axe will be doing most the dmg/tping anyways. Think of it as more of a super duper martial that you really should off hand. I can't find any numbers but I used to see post that said somehwere around 15-20% to light dmg
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-17 23:50:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy said:
Asura.Korpg said:
where is it again?
Cape Teriggan H-7 Almost got killed by it today <.>
Screw that, I can't solo it.

Too many aggro (both sound and sight, so its impossible for me to survive a kite) and I can't kill it by BPs...
 Fairy.Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-11-17 23:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Lol really even if you miss most your dagger hits your temp axe will be doing most the dmg/tping anyways. Think of it as more of a super duper martial that you really should off hand. I can't find any numbers but I used to see post that said somehwere around 15-20% to light dmg

True. I'm always a sucker for novelty anyway + low delay offhand is always attractive.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-18 00:05:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually low delay single hit weapons hurts your tp gain when your using a multihit weapon since all hits create the same tp amount based on average delay. Which is why this set is so crazy
 Fairy.Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-11-18 13:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Actually low delay single hit weapons hurts your tp gain when your using a multihit weapon since all hits create the same tp amount based on average delay. Which is why this set is so crazy

But you swing faster!

Actually, daggers with less than 200 delay are some of the most efficient TP-per-hit weapons in the game, so, I can't see it being too bad.

I suppose the whole average thing might screw with that, but... it's still something I'd like to try.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-18 13:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Azulmagia said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
But you swing faster! Actually, daggers with less than 200 delay are some of the most efficient TP-per-hit weapons in the game, so, I can't see it being too bad. I suppose the whole average thing might screw with that, but... it's still something I'd like to try.
Yeah its really the whole average thing. Hence why with that set I posted you can get lik 16 tp per hit on the kclub lol.

But really though thinking back on it you might be better off just 1 handing a temp axe. The dmg isn't that much lower the martial and wont matter on magic ws anyways. And you should hit slightly faster or about the same depending on if you got suppa or not since DW should be about canceled out by the fact that the only weapon your swinging has double attack. And definitely get more tp per hit since you wont lost anything to DW which will allow you to wear this Muse Tariqah or this Sentinel Shield
 Asura.Kidrolla
By Asura.Kidrolla 2009-11-20 16:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody else got to do this fight.Wanna see what other setups people use cause i got some friends wanting this.
 Cerberus.Arteus
Server: Cerberus
user: Arteus
By Cerberus.Arteus 2009-11-20 16:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

i can see a sex gag in here somewhere
[+]
 Cerberus.Quipto
Server: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2009-11-20 16:28:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
BST cant equip Trilling Dagger D:
 Ramuh.Sagittario
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-11-20 17:11:17
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-11-20 17:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Killed it as RDM + SMN un-partied. Could solo as either. Deaggroing it is a must. :x
 Asura.Kidrolla
By Asura.Kidrolla 2009-11-21 00:43:27
Link | Quote | Reply

thats sweet, a guy sent me tell, said him and a friend duo as bst and pup,down it in about 20 mins.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [31 days between previous and next post]
 Fairy.Usua
user: Usua
By Fairy.Usua 2009-12-21 22:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
A smn burn pt can take it easily from what I've heard.
 Fairy.Brenda
user: Jornna
By Fairy.Brenda 2009-12-21 22:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

First Page 2