How To Do You Feel Now?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » How to do you feel now?
How to do you feel now?
 Remora.Belius
Server: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-11-16 10:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you feel about the update, fellow BSTs?

I feel it more of an attempt of SE to encourage new people to level up BST in party situations and not really an make BST a useful tool in end-game scenarios.

Amigo's sic attacks are powerful, but are indeed let done by his low acc/atk vs mobs. It didn't really matter on the duration of how long you have access to amigo either, since they will most likely take hate and die after 1k needles. Which makes him balanced, but not for the cost of the pet etc.

The only noteworthy item for BSTs out there is that CHR+3 back piece which does not really make or break the job.

I feel like they should extend the charge system to cover all pets, vs simply jugs, as they are VERY weak compared to local pets of the same level, elsewhere and only being able to survive 1/8th of the attacks a similar pet would be able to take at that level.

If not apply it to all pets, with the same charge abilities, then at least make the jugs act the way a DRG would i.e. a BST/SAM could call an offensive pet with storetp abilities.

Alongside this, the sheer cost for the new weapon sets do not look very accessible at all considering the cost and would be obviously better to spend the money on other jobs.

There are various other ways to enhance BST without breaking the job and I feel SE has done the very bare minimum for the job.

How do you feel?
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-11-16 11:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

DRGs feel the same way, join their club.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-16 11:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Belius said:
How do you feel?
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-16 11:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

No but seriously, I don't see this helping BST in party situation. They'll always be a last resort DD option. Maybe for specific situations would BST with Amigo jug 1000 needle spam work... but it's never going to put BST on par with a WAR, SAM, MNK, DRG, <insert other DD job here>.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-11-16 11:47:30
Link | Quote | Reply

BST is destined to be a almost strictly solo job. That's not bad, since FoV is everywhere.
 Caitsith.Ilolatyou
Server: Caitsith
user: Bloodlust
By Caitsith.Ilolatyou 2009-11-16 11:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Belius said:
If not apply it to all pets, with the same charge abilities, then at least make the jugs act the way a DRG would i.e. a BST/SAM could call an offensive pet with storetp abilities.

To make you feel a little better, this is only the case for DRGs when using call wyvern with AF2 body equiped.
 Remora.Dubont
Server: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-11-16 12:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ilolatyou...Ilolatyouravatar
 Caitsith.Trident
Server: Caitsith
user: Blabond
By Caitsith.Trident 2009-11-29 11:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree the update didn't do too much to alter the job. Although, there's more of an elemental feel to the job with certain jug pets giving TP skills with certain elemental characteristics. This should ultimately give Beast the ability to pick jug pets that are strong against whatever you'll be hunting/farming/NM's/etc beyond the Beast Stength Charts - not just whatever is least expensive that will go to 75.

The good news is you can avoid the annoying random AoE's that occur with SIC and jug pets (if you're pet has any useful non-AOE TP Skill). I think jug pets gettint the Ready ability is ok, it would be nice to give it to all pets - not a requirement since Charmed MOB's are generally much stronger than jug pets.

What would have been nice to add it the BLU Burst and Chain Affinity ability to self skillchain with Jug pets (maybe at the same levels). Giving much better DD ability in a PT's when jug pets are typically used. Again, don't give it to charmed pets as I believe this would just be an unbelievable advantage over any job.
 Gilgamesh.Clinkclink
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Clinkclink 2009-11-29 11:39:25
Link | Quote | Reply

whether or not BST was intended to be more pt friendly, I am happy about the new update. It feels good to now solo NM's and use sic and "HOPE" my pet doesnt AOE whatever else is around. I like to be able to pick what ability it uses. CC is even a better tank now!
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-29 11:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Has real potential with the mythic axe if the rumor of it letting you sic at any tp is try (and ready probably too now that it is added).
 Fairy.Specopsz
Server: Fairy
user: Specopsz
By Fairy.Specopsz 2009-11-29 11:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Two words.
*** SE.
 Unicorn.Cycl
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Cycl 2009-11-29 11:52:35
Link | Quote | Reply

What big mobs only have 18k HP? Modus Amigo anyone?
 Gilgamesh.Clinkclink
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Clinkclink 2009-11-29 11:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

You have been able to sic at any TP... Pet just wouldnt ability untill it had 100 TP+. Sic is a timed ability.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-29 11:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Clinkclink said:
You have been able to sic at any TP... Pet just wouldnt ability untill it had 100 TP . Sic is a timed ability.
Yeah I know but supposedly the mob will actually do something regardless of tp with mythic Ax or so I read somewhere
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2009-11-29 19:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
They'll always be a last resort DD option.

last resort DD I'd take the LOLpup.

BST is pretty much branded as solo only, the fact that most BSTs wont join parties doesn't seem to help the stereotype either.