Amphiptere Leather Recipie?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Leathercraft » Amphiptere Leather Recipie?
Amphiptere Leather Recipie?
First Page 2
By Warviper 2009-11-16 01:24:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone please find out what the correct recipie is for Amphiptere Leather?

The recipie posted here and on wiki ==
Dark Crystal
* 1 x Distilled Water
* 1 x Amphiptere Hide
* 1 x Windurstian Tea Leaves

Is NOT correct. These materials cannot be synthesized.....

How are we supposed to make the new Ebon Armour if we can't make the Amp. Hides into Amph. leather? ;;

Lakshmi.Prinnysmash
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Prinnysmash 2009-11-16 01:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

um... try willow log?
By Fantasia 2009-11-16 01:34:55
Link | Quote | Reply

try Imperial Tea Leaves see if that works.
 Hades.Warviper
Server: Hades
user: Warviper
By Hades.Warviper 2009-11-16 01:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Didnt work with Willow Log either or Imperial Tea Leaves ;;
 Lakshmi.Prinnysmash
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Prinnysmash 2009-11-16 01:57:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you LC 100+? if you're more than 15 under the unknown cap you can't try it.
 Hades.Warviper
By Hades.Warviper 2009-11-16 02:01:44
Link | Quote | Reply

No, I myself do not have LC100

But yesterday I had one with level 99 leathercraft try and craft for me and he got the message these matarials cannot be used together..-

And today I have had a person with leatherwork 106 try again with windurst tea leaves, willog log and this time also with Imp. Tea leaves (i didnt try this yesterday) and same result ;;

None worked ;; all gave the message of these synth. materials cannot be used together ;;

- If you talk to the High Level Leathercraft NPC shouldnt he eventually give you the recipie for this?

If thats the case, then it would be great if anyone with lvl 100 leathercraft could go slaptalk that craftsman NPC ;;

Otherwise, Im running out of ideas ;;
 Hades.Warviper
By Hades.Warviper 2009-11-16 10:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

If you look at the Shiva Server Auction House history ::

Almost ALL types of Ebon Armour has now been made and sold on the Auction House, all except those that belong to the SAM/THF/RNG job classes (that requires a Amph. Leather to be made)

I REFUSE to believe SE has relased this now and made it possible to synthesises all the gear except the armourtype that fits the "MNK/THF/RNG/SAM/NIN" job classes.

So there must be a way to find the recipie for Amph. Leather.

Other thoughs I've been through also ::
- If you need Windurst Tea Leaves from Monster Hides in Normal areas.
- And if you need Imperial Tea leaves for TOAU areas for stuff like Cerburs Hide.
- Then it could be possible some type of Tea Leaves from WOTG [S] areas was to be used for Amph. Hides but! This can't be true because ::
1. There is no more type of Tea Leaves in the game
and also
2. Lynx, Smilodon and Ruszor Hides from WOTG areas like the Amph. Hide are made into Leather with Windurstian Tea Leaves :(

+ ALSO! I've been farming all kinds of different creatures like Giga's Beastmasters etc. like CRAZY in the Beaucedine Glacier (S) and Xarcabard [S] areas for some kind of possible direct leather drop like the
Coeurl Leather, Dhalmel Leather, Sheep Leather, Tiger Leather and Coeurl Leather that drops from Goblin Furriers but SO far nothing at all :( :(
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-11-16 11:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Try with two hides?
 Hades.Warviper
By Hades.Warviper 2009-11-16 15:17:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't someone with level 100 Leathercraft please try and spam-talk to the NPC craftsmen?

Shouldn't they eventually give up the recipie if you talk to them?
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-16 15:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure what the level of it would be... But, I have like 70 leathercraft on one of my characters, so I'll see if I can get the recipe from npc.
[+]
 Hades.Warviper
By Hades.Warviper 2009-11-16 15:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

THNX ALOT TBEST ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Please let me know what your findings are - even if they are none ^^
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-16 16:12:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep, will do. =)
[+]
 Ramuh.Lucried
Server: Ramuh
user: Lucried
By Ramuh.Lucried 2009-11-16 16:34:45
Link | Quote | Reply

i wouldnt put it pasts SE to have forgotten to add it or messed it up with as much stuff as they did on this update.

at anyrate i imagine it will be around the same lvl as manticore leather. ill poke the npc and see if i can get it to tell me the recipe. lc @ 94+3
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-16 16:37:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lucried said:
i wouldnt put it pasts SE to have forgotten to add it or messed it up with as much stuff as they did on this update.
What SE mess up? Say it aint so
 Ramuh.Lucried
user: Lucried
By Ramuh.Lucried 2009-11-16 20:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

talked to npc went through every recipe from craftsman-adept wasnt listed. dont think its implemented yet. either that or the npc hates me lolol
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-16 21:33:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It's probably just an oversight. They added all the new recipes in, but amphiptere hide AND amphiptere leather were already in the game, just not the recipe to make one into the other. So it may very well have sort of just, fallen out the side of the update so to speak.

Having said that, there really isn't any use in the Ebon Armour at this stage, aside from having some already made for when synergy is released.
 Hades.Warviper
By Hades.Warviper 2009-11-17 03:50:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I've tried with 2 Hide's yes.

If this really is SE that has forgotten to implement the Recipie, which would make sense, since you are able to craft all the other Ebon Gear that doesn't require Amph. Leather, then thats just #¤#¤¤# up.....

And worst part is, what can be done about it? Nothing I guess. Just sucks if you want the THF/SAM/RNG/NIN/DNC armour then :(
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-17 04:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Well this update still isn't over really this was just part 2 of 3 for this thing.
 Hades.Warviper
By Hades.Warviper 2009-11-17 10:57:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Send SE an email. Awaiting their answer now.
 Gilgamesh.Funsam
Server: Gilgamesh
user: funsam
By Gilgamesh.Funsam 2009-11-17 11:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen many people with this leather in bazaars for max price on giglamesh so receipe does exist.

tried to speak to a few but got no response.
 Hades.Warviper
By Hades.Warviper 2009-11-17 11:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you 100% sure its not the Amph. Hide's you saw in bazaar?

Im pretty sure it must have been, otherwise we should be able to get the recipie from the Leathercraft Craftsman NPC.

Gilgamesh.Funsam
Server: Gilgamesh
user: funsam
By Gilgamesh.Funsam 2009-11-17 11:28:34
Link | Quote | Reply

yes 100% sure i had to double check cus i thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. next time i see bazaar i'll screenshot it & post it
 Hades.Warviper
By Hades.Warviper 2009-11-17 12:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre,
Under our current policy we are not supposed to share relevant gameplay information with players or the community.
As the recipe for Amphiptere Leather has been newly implemented within the last version update and as the information on fanwebsites are not official we suggest to remain patient until more information has been revealed by the community.

We appreciate your understanding in this matter.
Thank you again for contacting us and for you interest in Square Enix products!

Square Enix Support Centre
http://support.eu.square-enix.com/index.php
 Hades.Warviper
By Hades.Warviper 2009-11-17 15:24:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Funsam, if you can get them - to tell you how they made it, i'll transfer server and give you GIL lol :D

jk dont really want to transfer server but seriously... the person who can tell me how to make this deserves a BIG VIRTUAL KISS \(^_^)/
 Hades.Warviper
By Hades.Warviper 2009-11-18 05:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone from Gilgamesh spottet any of these sellers and got them to talk yet heh?
 Hades.Warviper
By Hades.Warviper 2009-11-18 09:13:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Just Tried with Feyweald log, Teak Log and Walnut Log, all didnt work.
Only WOTG area log left to try with (that I haven't already tried) is a Jacaranda Log.

Wondering if there could maybe be the need to use another hide also or perhaps another type of crystal instead of a dark crystal.

Anyways, im still trying out stuff but so far no luck.
 Hades.Warviper
By Hades.Warviper 2009-11-18 13:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lancewood log and Garg. Shank + hide + distilled water didnt work either heh.

No word from gilgamesh server, nobody seen Amph. Leather in bazaar yet even though someone had it in bazaar maybe?
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-18 19:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

As amusing as this is watching you stress over a recipe for leather that's used in a recipe for an item that you can't make, and has no practical use yet, I think you should know that this recipe quite probably isn't in the game yet. The e-mail from SE was probably worded incorrectly, they were basically telling you "we ain't telling you ***". They wouldn't have looked it up to see that it was or wasn't implemented in the last update before telling you that. It would have been a response to whatever you asked them in the original e-mail, which I assume had you implying that the recipe does exist, but you can't find it. So from their perspective on your e-mail, everything is as it should be, but you're stupid.

I'd also assume Funsam is either wrong, or just plain shitting you.
[+]
 Asura.Malekith
Server: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2009-11-18 20:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys I heard it's a new key item they're adding in next update... Ancient Leathermaking...
 Ifrit.Darkrikku
Server: Ifrit
user: Darkrikku
By Ifrit.Darkrikku 2009-11-18 21:20:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
As amusing as this is watching you stress over a recipe for leather that's used in a recipe for an item that you can't make, and has no practical use yet, I think you should know that this recipe quite probably isn't in the game yet. The e-mail from SE was probably worded incorrectly, they were basically telling you "we ain't telling you ***". They wouldn't have looked it up to see that it was or wasn't implemented in the last update before telling you that. It would have been a response to whatever you asked them in the original e-mail, which I assume had you implying that the recipe does exist, but you can't find it. So from their perspective on your e-mail, everything is as it should be, but you're stupid.

I'd also assume Funsam is either wrong, or just plain shitting you.
i don't see SE puting 2/3 set ingame and leaving out the 3rd ppl are already making the Ebon Breastplate set and Ebon Frock set,
First Page 2